[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Edit: so remind me who is ephalba? doing mage council 1 and tbh I don't recall who that person is. (nevermind, found the witch that I had already killed).

Some clue or title of the person might be in order in the npc quest text. Especially for ppl with very poor memories like myself. :)

Edit: calling her Ephalba the witch, or Ephalba the former witch, or Ephalba the till recently deceased witch would have been enlightening to me at the time :) hehe

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so after playing for a couple days, I've noticed that I've got some performance creep that seems to happen after playing for an hr or 2 depending on what I do. Restarting entire client, but not just save to menu and reload world, resolves the issue till it happens again.

Are there any benefits to java 8 here or any arguments that benefit to java7 or java8 that ppl have been using?

My memory usage starts out around 75% (out of 4gb) but when the lag really hits, it's quickly going from 75-85% rapidly. Assuming it's gc related.

Any help would be appreciated.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to memory, there is a fix for journeymap that you can update yourself but will be in the next pack update in order to correct. As for the names/memory, there are quests in HQM to assist with that, but early on I suggest in HQM to waypoint stuff for later.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I get to isengard, talk to sarumon, walking around his area, see the node, take my nice draconic helm off that's all enchanted etc and put my goggles on to see the node, suddenly a thief shows up and steals items. I chase him down, kill him and... nothing. my helm is gone as well as my well leveled up pick. wth? How do I turn this off, cause that's incredibly unfair if you can't even get your stuff back! :(

edit: ok, guess there were more than the one bandit and in the darkness chased the wrong one. killed a different one and got my stuff back. *woooooo* Ok, rage mode off. :)

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
And unfortunately, would not be able to turn that off
yeah, not so worried about it if you can get ur stuff back legit. One of the special mobs types from mod of same name has a tendency to do just that, thus my paranoia. Also, since they are brightly labeled as thieves or rogues, you at least have a very real warning about it.

Sorry about my knee jerk reaction, it was just so out of the blue when it happened and I tend to see a singular occurrence as a harbringer of future things to come... heh pessimism for life!

Thanks again

Reactions: GreatOrator

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so golems don't harvest agricraft crops it seems. they go through the motions but nothing happens with the crops....

edit: ok Once I picked the crops myself, then the golems had no issues. but this repeats itself. if it picks the crops or the crops are already there when placed, the golem goes at the crops, moves it's arms around but nothing drops. if I go through and pick them myself, then he'll pick them but next round doesn't. and even that doesn't work that way 100%.

I have 9 reinforced watering cans from reward bags, so figured I'd use them. maybe they're growing too quickly?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
it may be the growth rate and the time it takes for them to realize they are ready to harvest, they are working fine on my dev map and my WL server (though the item node does not always seem to pick up)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
it may be the growth rate and the time it takes for them to realize they are ready to harvest, they are working fine on my dev map and my WL server (though the item node does not always seem to pick up)
that's very strange then indeed. I watched a golem with a small patch of wheat seeds and with the watering can up above, in half hour, I got 4 wheat. with the activator turned off, I got about a stack in less time than that.

As I said, they walk up to the crops and throw their hands up and you hear a picking sound but no drops come off of plant. They do see the plants as ready to pick, it seems as if they just can't pick them.

gailforce1

Jul 29, 2019
GreatOrator thanks for leaving in the hidden secret (it was still there) in the castle in draconis, got a set of diamond armor and diamond sword out of it, so was able to use the coins for other stuff.

Reactions: GreatOrator

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So two things:
Ran through the blood magic quests and the last 2 segments got goofed cause of the anti builders not deactivating and the iron doors were opening/closing repeatedly. Able to fly up and pick my way into the rooms to get past this. Also when you go back to see the BM guy he disappeared out of the portal room and I had to break into the ship to find that copy to finish the entire quest line.

I'm doing the quests for the staffs which is why I was there. I went through the portal there and found one map segment active with a mark in very bottom right spot. I go there and bedrock -> bedrock, I found nothing in the immediate vicinity, like a hidden chest or anything. Is this something that's fixed with the map update the other day? I haven't updated yet.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
There should have been a very large tower you spawn in the nether, that is where it is at, have not updated the map page itself, i figured the large ominous tower you show up in would be clue enough :p

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
There should have been a very large tower you spawn in the nether, that is where it is at, have not updated the map page itself, i figured the large ominous tower you show up in would be clue enough :p
yeah got the tower but the map didn't register at all there so obviously I thought the tower wasn't part of it. Assumed from first/second staff marked location, since they were exact, assumed subsequent ones to be the same.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
What cause's the long winded description while hovering over an item, and is there away to disable it? Instead of it saying the item name, it says the mod:name:number, etc.

What are the odds that when you decide to continue your adventure by stepping thou the portal to pick a place at random to call home, WHEN you open your eyes to complete darkness when you emerge in the ground buried alive and are crushed and your grave is destroyed?!? :(

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
for the first part, that is typically from pushing f3+h as that is not on by default

For the second, good question and something we are looking into but cannot replicate as the mod specifically is coded to place you in a safe location.

Reactions: Rastem88

Rastem88

Jul 29, 2019
What cause's the long winded description while hovering over an item, and is there away to disable it? Instead of it saying the item name, it says the mod:name:number, etc.

I think that is WAILA, but I don not know how to turn that off.

What are the odds that when you decide to continue your adventure by stepping thou the portal to pick a place at random to call home, WHEN you open your eyes to complete darkness when you emerge in the ground buried alive and are crushed and your grave is destroyed?!? :(

I haven't had any trouble with the "new home teleporter" sticking me into a block. It seems to search out somewhere on the surface when the teleport occurs. I would need to look at the code for it to know for sure though. It is possible a structure decided to generate on top of you.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I think that is WAILA, but I don not know how to turn that off.

I haven't had any trouble with the "new home teleporter" sticking me into a block. It seems to search out somewhere on the surface when the teleport occurs. I would need to look at the code for it to know for sure though. It is possible a structure decided to generate on top of you.

It ok, I used a backup.lol But it teleported me about 12 blocks from bedrock in solid stone. No caves, or opening from the surface down. when it killed me, my inventory was gone, then I could hear my grave break then back into my inventory all before I could respawn.. No biggy:)