[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

essenceoflove

Jul 29, 2019
I looked through the crash reports and didn't see my issue. Sorry if I missed it and this is a repeat. The only changes I made were, disabled infernal mobs, and added the additional content for middle earth region. I tried to find a solution on line and the responses are over my head. If anyone can tell me what the issue is and how to fix it, I will be grateful. I forgot to add that this crash is intermittent.

Attachments

• crash-2015-07-11_17.21.45-server.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 93

albertossic

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you are going to say it is extremely buggy and has terrible mechanics, you kinda need to provide examples of what you found as there is no way to read your mind.

As far as I can tell currently, the pack is stable and most bugs have been found and squashed thank you very much.
Well, as for me, I cannot hand in half of the quests, or I don't get a reward.
I get randomly attacked by some NPCs, random stuff that makes the pack impossible to enjoy.
Maybe it's just me though. I installed it multiple times on multiple computers to make sure that it is not my issue, and it never ran quite smooth.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as for me, I cannot hand in half of the quests, or I don't get a reward.
I get randomly attacked by some NPCs, random stuff that makes the pack impossible to enjoy.
Maybe it's just me though. I installed it multiple times on multiple computers to make sure that it is not my issue, and it never ran quite smooth.
Randomly attacked by npc's should only happen if you hit one of them and which quests could you not turn in? This pack is a beast on a pc so takes a kinda decent one to run with at least 3.5GB you can allocate to Minecraft
I looked through the crash reports and didn't see my issue. Sorry if I missed it and this is a repeat. The only changes I made were, disabled infernal mobs, and added the additional content for middle earth region. I tried to find a solution on line and the responses are over my head. If anyone can tell me what the issue is and how to fix it, I will be grateful. I forgot to add that this crash is intermittent.
I'll take a look tonight when I get home from work and see if I can give you some guidance, but to be honest, you did modify the pack from what was intended by disabling mods.

onejimtorulethemall

Jul 29, 2019
Well, uh, NPC quests stopped working. I've done them in older worlds, but now I don't get the quests, and whenever I press the quest tab in my inventory it goes to the other armor tab (not sure which mod it was).

Any advice?

onejimtorulethemall

Jul 29, 2019
No, it wasn't like that. It was in an older world, quests never started for this one. And thanks for telling me the button, it wasn't in the controls menu and I think "L" is a LotR mod button. And I now know I was wrong about quests not starting, they definitely did. Thank you.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Ayeaka

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an odd issue with agricraft since the update.
I did test with the same version of agricraft by itself (well, with Agricraft and Pam's) in otherwise vanilla minecraft, and this issue appears unique to this pack. I encounter the same problem in my old save, and in newly created games, but only within this modpack.

When harvesting crops, some crops seem to no longer give produce. At first I thought it was only Pam's crops having issues, but some Pam's crops work (ie rice seems to work fairly consistently) while most do not, and witchery crops aren't working, either.
When uprooting a garlic farm that was Pam's, it sometimes gives witchery garlic, as well, if it gives anything at all.
All vanilla crops seem to work (carrots and potatoes do not seem to work. It appears only wheat and netherwart work out of the vanilla crops), as does gysahl, and most grain crops. All other crops seem to only be giving produce when harvesting around 10% of the time. :/

I investigated further and found that the planted crops seem to disappear when bonemealed, but when the crops are broken, give the resulting produce? Irrigation seems to still grow crops as normal, though potatoes, carrots, and sugarcane do not seem to grow/respond to irrigation at all.

It's not showstopping I suppose, but agricraft and pam's are favorite mods of mine, and it does take some of the fun away of trying to make a ridiculous automated garden haha

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an odd issue with agricraft since the update.
I did test with the same version of agricraft by itself (well, with Agricraft and Pam's) in otherwise vanilla minecraft, and this issue appears unique to this pack. I encounter the same problem in my old save, and in newly created games, but only within this modpack.

When harvesting crops, some crops seem to no longer give produce. At first I thought it was only Pam's crops having issues, but some Pam's crops work (ie rice seems to work fairly consistently) while most do not, and witchery crops aren't working, either.
When uprooting a garlic farm that was Pam's, it sometimes gives witchery garlic, as well, if it gives anything at all.
All vanilla crops seem to work (carrots and potatoes do not seem to work. It appears only wheat and netherwart work out of the vanilla crops), as does gysahl, and most grain crops. All other crops seem to only be giving produce when harvesting around 10% of the time. :/

I investigated further and found that the planted crops seem to disappear when bonemealed, but when the crops are broken, give the resulting produce? Irrigation seems to still grow crops as normal, though potatoes, carrots, and sugarcane do not seem to grow/respond to irrigation at all.

It's not showstopping I suppose, but agricraft and pam's are favorite mods of mine, and it does take some of the fun away of trying to make a ridiculous automated garden haha
I had another report of this yesterday so will look into it and see if there is anything that can be done. Part of the changelog did mention this was a rewrite so some issue may happen with existing crops. There is an update however, so we'll see

essenceoflove

Jul 29, 2019
GreatOrator, Thank you for looking into my issue even after I removed a mod. I resolved my issue. I deleted the template and middle earth content, then I unzipped them again, from the same download. Something happened when I unzipped the first time. I haven't had anymore crashes since.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Update 2.6.5
    • Core mods updated
      • CoFH Core
    • Mods updated
      • Agricraft
      • Ancient Warfare
      • Aura Cascade
      • Binnie's Mods
      • Blood Magic
      • BuildCraft
      • Extra Utilities
      • JourneyMap
      • Lord of the Rings
      • Magic Bees
      • Mystcraft
      • Redstone Arsenal
      • Thaumic Energistics
      • Thermal Dynamics, Expansion and Foundation
    • Configs changed/updated
      • Blood Magic (Was still using an older version which seems to have been causing issues with the Demon invasion)
      • HQM fixes for the quest book
      • CustomNPC updates to quests and prep for future quests
      • Multiple other tweaks
    • Map changes
      • Fixes for the staff quest to be more server friendly
      • Better fire staff area
      • New portal in WyvernHaven instead of a default nether portal
      • Trimming of regions to try to make map downloads a bit smaller
      • In content pack added Caras Galadhon, Moria, and Rivendell (still beta as terra-forming is not complete and quests not implemented)
Now with more GitHub if you want to see progress between updates: https://github.com/GreatOrator/TolkienCraftII

Will be available on the FTB launcher as soon as possible. Also now on the curse launcher! http://minecraft.curseforge.com/modpacks/229704-tolkiencraft-ii though currently a version or two behind.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
As has been posted, chatted and talked about many many times, this pack needs at least 3.5GB of memory available, your crash log shows you only allocated 1 GB

Reactions: BvB1979

Ayeaka

Jul 29, 2019
An inquiry; in earlier versions (I know for certain in 2.6.3, unsure about .4,) the LotR crops seemed to be useable with agricraft, and they aren't now in 2.6.5. (They are, however, able to be planted normally again, which fixed not being able to plant some other crops that couldn't be used with agricraft, too!)
Are there any plans to add them back to the list of growables with agricraft, or no?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
If you can get me a list of the crops that aren't working I can certainly get that taken care of for sure. I turned on vanilla farming just in case some crops did not work.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Hi GO, i have been meaning to report this: I tried to craft the barrel hammer for the HQM quest (making the world better i think). The barrel recipe conflicts with a LOTR weapon and there are no arrows to flip through alternate recipes.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
You have to use a vanilla crafting table for the arrow to appear, it will not work in literally any other table but vanilla.