[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the fast answer, but this really does not help. I mean, I completely understand that you as the developer of the modpack was here the whole time and answered every single question that was asked, but you can't seriously ask from a simple casual player to look through all 188 pages of this forum to find an answer to his questions. That's what the FAQ is for, so if these questions were really asked multiple times, then maybe you should put them in the FAQ. You answered two of my questions which I'm thankful for, but you did not mention anything about the quests which I'm having problems with or the hobbits' spawn rules.

I'm not trying to offend you and this was not a rant (although it might feel like it), so I'm sorry if I sounded rude.

So is my only option to always go back to the overworld every time I have to kill mobs? I don't really know all mods in the pack, so I can't know for sure but maybe you know an easier method for it.
From the FAQ which still applies here:

Q: I’m stuck, the HQM book will not progress.

A: Reading is your friend.

1. A fair number neglect to read the first HQM quest text in full that (as well as the initial startup screen) tells them to do the customNPC quests hand in hand with the HQM ones. So either they don't know the customNPC quests exist at all, or they don't do them along with the HQM quests. Then they get confused when the quest method they are following 'stops' because it's waiting for triggers from the other questing method.
  2. Once started, many don't continue to read the full text of the HQM and customNPC quests and get confused and 'stuck' later in the quest line. In this modpack you NEED to read the quest text. All of it. It's there for a reason!
  3. After being at a loss of what to do next, they fail to talk to all the customNPCs in the town when they feel that they are stuck (despite the quest text telling them to do so at various points). They also don't go back and read the HQM and customNPC quest text in full (granted, the customNPC ones go away when 'completed' so you can't go back and read them again - but AFAIK once those are completed they are no longer relevant; the HQM ones you can always go back and re-read).
As for spawn rules, they are coded differently for middle earth and to date, nothing prevents their spawning. One tidbit I will add to the FAQ, command blocks need to be enabled if on a server (this was mentioned 1, maybe two pages ago) and HQM is disabled on first load, it is a mechanic of HQM

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Update v2.6.4
    • Core Mods Updated
      • Aroma Core
      • BDLib
      • Immibis Core
    • Mods Updated
      • AgriCraft
      • Ancient Warfare
      • Antique Atlas
      • Applied Energistics
      • Aura Cascade
      • Binnie's Mods
      • Botania (We will be staying at version 193 until further notice due to the damage cap Vazkii coded into her mod)
      • BuildCraft
      • Chisel 2
      • Decocraft
      • Dimensional Anchors
      • Extra Cells 2
      • Forestry
      • Gendustry
      • JourneyMap
      • Logistics Pipes (You will still see an update alert since this is a different branch for BC 7.x)
      • Magic Bees
      • Mystcraft
      • NEI Thaumcraft
      • NEI Integration
      • Resource Loader (Fixes resource packs resetting every load)
      • Storage Drawers
      • Iguanaman TCon Tweaks
      • Wawla
    • Few minor config tweaks

Reactions: BvB1979

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Working on it as we speak (final touches for the stream) have most of the build done and many of the NPC's placed, just have quests and dialogs to set up :D

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering about Draconic Evolution. What Ways are there to produce power in this pack? I See that the mod has a really great way to store power, but there is very little in the way of info on this great mod! Does DE offer power gen, or anything in the pack that would fill the highest tier energy core faster than a snails pace:p

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, DE was meant to be used alongside other generating mods, but Brandon has been working on a truly OP way to generate power that makes having the energy storage more worth it. As far as information, the in-game tablet has a tone of information and he has a website http://draconicevolution.website

Reactions: RehabOholic

onejimtorulethemall

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, Great Orator. I have enjoyed your pack many times. It's been a while though, and this last time I played it was incredibly slow. Why is it that my computer can run TES V Skyrim, but not TolkienCraft II on the lowest settings? It took over an hour for the game to begin, and I can't walk three blocks without the game stopping. It doesn't even crash, it just stops responding.

What should I do? I really want to play, it's my favorite pack. Thank you.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, Great Orator. I have enjoyed your pack many times. It's been a while though, and this last time I played it was incredibly slow. Why is it that my computer can run TES V Skyrim with the highest settings, but not TolkienCraft II on the lowest settings? It took over an hour for the game to begin, and I can't walk three blocks without the game stopping. It doesn't even crash, it just stops responding.

What should I do? I really want to play, it's my favorite pack. Thank you.
Well, first, because the way skyrim renders versus minecraft, Skyrim uses the video card graphics and memory whereas minecraft uses system memory (it is a java thing) but, if you are on java 7 you can use the JVM arguments I placed in the text file included with the pack and with fastcraft already included, should not be an issue, especially from a fresh reboot.

Reactions: onejimtorulethemall

onejimtorulethemall

Jul 29, 2019
Well, first, because the way skyrim renders versus minecraft, Skyrim uses the video card graphics and memory whereas minecraft uses system memory (it is a java thing) but, if you are on java 7 you can use the JVM arguments I placed in the text file included with the pack and with fastcraft already included, should not be an issue, especially from a fresh reboot.

Thank you, so much. I'm going to do that right now. Also, I'm surprised about the Skyrim part. My video card is only 32 megabytes. (I think that's right)

Edit: I just did. I wasn't even sure I had done it right, but it worked. Thank you.

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

The bad thing about Minecraft is a NASA computer would have trouble running it..lol They really should have picked anything other platform other than Java!.

Micah Forman

Jul 29, 2019
There are HQM quests that are integrated with the Custom NPCs mod. If I am in a party in HQM with another player, 1. Is there is there a party system with custom NPCs, and 2. do we need to both be doing the Custom NPCs quest to unlock the quest from HQM. I posted earlier about lag in my world, we just had too many chickens in a too small space.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
HQM only one person needs to complete for everyone in the party to get it, as for customNPC, no, no real party system though some of the quests do have area kill so if close to a person who is killing you will get the credit for the kill, so very important with the NPC quewsts that you make sure you are doing them actively.

snoop787

Jul 29, 2019
I'm experiencing a bit of a weird issue with a server version of 2.6.3, and I can't seem to find any explanation for why it is happening. Perhaps someone here might have seen something similar, and (I hope against hope) maybe has an idea for a solution?

When I log into the server, I find myself experiencing a severe amount of block lag, usually 10 to 30 seconds of it. In some cases, the block lag decreases and eventually goes away, until I start moving around too much, then the lag will return. In other cases, the latency continues to stick around. There is no FPS lag; my FPS is perfectly fine and hovering around 50-60FPS. What's weirder is that my friend, on the same server, experiences no lag whatsoever; he sees everything I do as soon as I do it (such as open a chest, jump, crouch, etc.), and I only see the results after the period of latency. My friend likens the block lag to what might happen if FastCraft is not installed, even though it is installed and operational.

Example: I right-click on a chest. My friend says the chest opens as soon as I clicked it. For me, however, I have to wait 10 to 30 seconds until the chest finally creaks open, the animation runs, and then the chest GUI pops up for me.

On this same exact server box, running another intensive modpack (Blast Off), there is no such latency behavior going on.

Some facts:
- The server is close to both myself and my friend, geographically
- The server is allocated at least 4GB of RAM, and is on a server box that is less than half full with other active servers (increased RAM does not make a difference)
- This behavior does not happen in Single Player, even when opened to LAN
- I've tested with FastCraft on both client and server, only on client, and only on server, to no difference
- I've also tested with greatly reduced settings client-side, to no difference
- Tested with a fresh server installation, and on a completely separate server box that I have access to, also to no difference

Hopefully someone might have experienced something like this. It's puzzling, and quite frustrating!

Thanks for any/all assistance!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'll see what I can figure out, but from the description it still seems possibly a connection to the server, i.e. ping/latency. Only real way to test would be if you and your friend were on the exact same internet connecting, which I will assume is going to be difficult. I have your friend in Skype and we will see what we can test out.

albertossic

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great pack, the idea is awesome, the map is quite beautiful and I really enjoy somebody to take the time and make a CustomNPC questpack, not using the "apocalypse theme" excuse.
The Framerate issues I can stand,maybe it's just me.
But the finished pack is extremely bugged and has terrible mechanichs.
Please, try and fix all this little issues that make it this hard to enjoy the pack.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great pack, the idea is awesome, the map is quite beautiful and I really enjoy somebody to take the time and make a CustomNPC questpack, not using the "apocalypse theme" excuse.
The Framerate issues I can stand,maybe it's just me.
But the finished pack is extremely bugged and has terrible mechanichs.
Please, try and fix all this little issues that make it this hard to enjoy the pack.
Well, if you are going to say it is extremely buggy and has terrible mechanics, you kinda need to provide examples of what you found as there is no way to read your mind.

As far as I can tell currently, the pack is stable and most bugs have been found and squashed thank you very much.

Reactions: BvB1979