[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

reaper45693

Jul 29, 2019
When getting the server through sites such as CreeperHost, does it come with the world in its current state? (I know it comes with a world file, but just wondering if it is the current one or the old one that used to ship with the mod pack).

Reactions: GreatOrator

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting the most bizarrely unworkable mess with Brewcraft right now, is that just on my end or is it a little buggy?
It's basically unusable in any fashion besides mobs dropping items.
I cannot figure out how to insert liquids, by hand, Buildcraft pipes, or Extra Utilities, none of them seem to recognize it properly, they connect, but never fill up.
And I can't insert water into them by hand, buckets don't work at all, and water bottles seem to only work in creative mode, otherwise it just sits there.
I can insert(some) potions, but half the time the bottle vanishes and there doesn't appear to be any potion in the brewer, when there is a potion in it I can't get even redstone/glowstone to modify it. Basically, there is no in game manual and the wiki and most tutorials are out dated. I followed one tutorial for the newest version exactly like they told me and it still doesn't work. I have tried contacting the mod developer with no luck.
I'm really hoping someone knows of what could be causing this issue.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting the most bizarrely unworkable mess with Brewcraft right now, is that just on my end or is it a little buggy?
It's basically unusable in any fashion besides mobs dropping items.
I cannot figure out how to insert liquids, by hand, Buildcraft pipes, or Extra Utilities, none of them seem to recognize it properly, they connect, but never fill up.
And I can't insert water into them by hand, buckets don't work at all, and water bottles seem to only work in creative mode, otherwise it just sits there.
I can insert(some) potions, but half the time the bottle vanishes and there doesn't appear to be any potion in the brewer, when there is a potion in it I can't get even redstone/glowstone to modify it. Basically, there is no in game manual and the wiki and most tutorials are out dated. I followed one tutorial for the newest version exactly like they told me and it still doesn't work. I have tried contacting the mod developer with no luck.
I'm really hoping someone knows of what could be causing this issue.
i'll take a look, but for pipes I always used extra utilities to move the liquids and items around

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
LOTR mod has a new beta that helps with server lag, this is a good thing :)

https://www.facebook.com/LOTRMC

Also, LOTR stores all of the player data in a single lotr.dat file. Much like the HQM quests if one player gets corrupted then all of the players get corrupted.
Twice now we have had the LOTR player reputation/custom waypoints ect reset.

To restore them, move your current /world/LOTR.dat to LOTR.dat.old and restore the LOTR.dat from backup.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
LOTR mod has a new beta that helps with server lag, this is a good thing :)

https://www.facebook.com/LOTRMC

Also, LOTR stores all of the player data in a single lotr.dat file. Much like the HQM quests if one player gets corrupted then all of the players get corrupted.
Twice now we have had the LOTR player reputation/custom waypoints ect reset.

To restore them, move your current /world/LOTR.dat to LOTR.dat.old and restore the LOTR.dat from backup.
Yup, the new version is being tested and should be in the next update. That is also correct, lotr stores everything in it's own dat file rather than separately

Reactions: eDilettante

wrongcoder

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator I just opened the manhole (carpenter's door to the sewer) above the market square and 20-30 creepers flew into the sky. They landed all over the square and started exploding! Is this supposed to happen? I logged out in case this needs some intervention. Hope the town's going to be okay.

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I dunno what is going on with the creepers.. I went down there to drop off the golems and it was absolutely packed with creepers. The ladder had 4 of the special ones on it alone.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
On a server, creepers can build up if a player goes afk in town, and they are near enought to a spawner. I've been running through town and heard them trying to get up an open manhole.

If they are going crazy on single player, well that's just bad. (or early 4th of july).

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to the map, curse is currently the only download location. You can try the map that is included in the server package if you are having download issues with curse.

As for the creepers, yeah found out why they are so bad, apparently a recent mod update removes their despawn when players out of range (should be fixed in next update) leading to a build up and creepersplosion in town :)

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up to everyone (hopefully this isn't just an issue with mine lol)... Trying to scan Ardite ingots with Thaumometer leads to instant crash so don't do it unless you just wanna see if it crashes you too (single player). lol This is in the 2.4.7 version of the pack. I went back into the game to see if it would crash again while trying to scan them and it did so it's definitely caused by that. lol

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-26_17.36.11-client.txt
    280.5 KB · Views: 33

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Update v2.4.8
    • Mods Added
      • Thaumic Expansion
    • Mods Updated
      • Immibis Core
      • Applied Energistics
      • Aura Cascade
      • Botania
      • BuildCraft
      • CustomNPC's
      • Draconic Evolution
      • Extra Cells
      • Extra Utilities
      • Logistic Pipes
      • Lord of the Rings
      • MystCraft
      • Project:Red
      • Roguelike Dungeons
      • Storage Drawers
      • Thaumic Tinker
      • NEI
      • Witching Gadgets
    • Minor config changes
    • Map had bugs and has been updated, unless you have purchased a home in WyvernHaven or Hobbiton, updating should not cause any harm (still always backup first!)
    • MANY quests added to HQM bringing the total quests in the pack to almost 300!

gailforce1

Jul 29, 2019
having problems with the new map download TolkienCraftIIv2.4.x - RC2 - Template.zip, with a fresh install of v2.4.8 it has a weird green coloration as shown in below and also when i start a new world. no setting have been changed
2015-03-27_17.35.32.png2015-03-27_17.35.19.png

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019