[1.7.10] Thermal Progression [Tech][Magic][Survival][Over 125 Quests]

Darilan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that flower, I thought you meant the pneumaticcraft ones. Cinderpearl grows in desert biomes. It can be easier to find at night since it glows. Alternatively, you can make the powder from blaze rods which drop off blazes in nether fortresses.

Thrumm

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted to say thanks for putting this pack together, its fit my needs almost perfectly. I've spent the last week playing through it on single player, and just finished setting up a server for a group of friends running it. Just got to the point of being able to make steel in decent quantity and finished the majority of the industrial age quests.
Few Notes I had:

Like others I couldn't complete the iron tank quest.

Hunger balance feels just about right, I haven't died or had to stop projects due to food but it's noticeable enough that I have to pay attention to it

Generating a world with the BIOMESOP option rather than DEFAULT makes it near impossible to find a Desert.(this slows down progression as Cinderpearls are the simplest early game source of blaze powder for fire charges, and cactus is required for early game fluid pipes) I was doing BiomesOP in my single player game, will definably be generating my server with default now though.

It'd be a nice option to add hearts to a few of the quests (maybe the repeatable one) so that the pack couple be played Hardcore with multiple lives
I agree with your reasons for not having the Smeltery double ores and enjoy it, except it seems to take a MASSIVE amount of cobble into the smeltery to produce seared bricks. I only noticed this when I went to make the seared bricks for the blast furnace, I used almost all the cobble I had collected to that point to build that blast furnace.

I really like your balance of ore mining levels on the tinkers picks. Feels very rewarding whenever you get an upgrade early game

Most the Ore gen feels ok, though Emerald does not seem to exist at all underground, is this on purpose to encourage trade with villagers?

PnematicCraft plant spawning seemed to be at a good spot, they didn't feel completely overpowering, yet I had little difficulty finding the plastics I needed

Maybe I'm dumb but I couldnt seem to figure out the Harvestcraft gardens. I know I'm supposed to be able to get seeds from them, but neither crafting or breaking seemed to give me anything but the garden itself, do I need a special tool?

Any chance of an update of the version of Thuamcraft in the pack in the near future? One of my friends I play with loves thuamcraft, and 4.2.3.1 made Warp not so permanently crippling, 4.2.3.2 fixed some Thaumic tinker stuff and 4.2.3.4 fixed traveling trunks from despawning all the time.
(I'd do it for my private server, but the friends I play with aren't very computer literate, and trying to guide them on how to use the FTB launcher to download a pack was a challenge on its own, let alone teach them how to update a mod)

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Like others I couldn't complete the iron tank quest.
Working on it.
Hunger balance feels just about right, I haven't died or had to stop projects due to food but it's noticeable enough that I have to pay attention to it
This is exactly what I was going for.
Generating a world with the BIOMESOP option rather than DEFAULT makes it near impossible to find a Desert.
Ironically, I was generating a bunch of worlds randomly in BoP and I spawned in a desert or savannah about 7 out of 12 times...
It'd be a nice option to add hearts to a few of the quests
I didn't set up the pack to be played in hardcore,should be questing mode with infinite lives.
it seems to take a MASSIVE amount of cobble into the smeltery to produce seared bricks.
I think that was to combat the fact that in almost every pack (this one included) you can make a ridiculously fast cobble gen and automate the smeltery. Although I myself tend to just use grout.
Maybe I'm dumb but I couldnt seem to figure out the Harvestcraft gardens. I know I'm supposed to be able to get seeds from them, but neither crafting or breaking seemed to give me anything but the garden itself, do I need a special tool?
You should be able to just punch them and you get certain types of veggies or fruits depending on the type of garden. Then you can craft the item into seeds.
Any chance of an update of the version of Thuamcraft in the pack in the near future?
This and many mod updates will be in the next update.

Glad you are enjoying the pack, and if you have any more questions or comments feel free to let me know!

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Me and a couple of friends have been playing your mod pack for a while and really like it. One of our big issues, though, is that we can't seem to get seeds besides wheat, barley, and cotton from hoeing grass and breaking tall grass doesn't yield anything. Is there another way to get seeds?

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Me and a couple of friends have been playing your mod pack for a while and really like it. One of our big issues, though, is that we can't seem to get seeds besides wheat, barley, and cotton from hoeing grass and breaking tall grass doesn't yield anything. Is there another way to get seeds?
Breaking the assorted Pam's Harvestcraft gardens will drop different fruits, veggies, herbs, etc that can be crafted into seeds so you can start farms.

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick response. Also, thanks for making an awesome mudpack. We've been having a lot of fun. :)

Thrumm

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update, it went rather smooth for using my old save (with the exception of a chisel that I had left a block in that now crashes the game when I try to use it, that promptly ended up in the nearest lava pit and I crafted a new chisel. The new chisel worked fine)

Ironically, I was generating a bunch of worlds randomly in BoP and I spawned in a desert or savannah about 7 out of 12 times...
lol the RNG must hate me as when I was generating world and exploring them to pick a seed for my server none of the 20 some worlds I generated with the biomesop generator had deserts within ~2000 blocks of spawn (though similar to you with the default generator I ended up every second world generated a spawn in a desert)

My friends are all enjoying the pack as well; the way the stone age and industrial quests are set up work really well as a cooperative(we had recently been running the mage quest alpha pack on our server, and its quests didn't work very well with parties)

Harvestcraft Gardens are working great now (I couldn't get all them to craft to seeds in the previous version)

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you are aware, but there is an issue where placing Galacticraft machines causes the game to crash (something to do with other mods overriding the build craft api).

Thrumm

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you are aware, but there is an issue where placing Galacticraft machines causes the game to crash (something to do with other mods overriding the build craft api).
Played around with that problem a little bit, if you update the 3 galactic-craft mods in this pack from .252 to .261 the problem disappears. There is a good chance that Elit3WolfPack already has this update in the 1.2.2 version of the mod pack that is awaiting approval.

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Played around with that problem a little bit, if you update the 3 galactic-craft mods in this pack from .252 to .261 the problem disappears. There is a good chance that Elit3WolfPack already has this update in the 1.2.2 version of the mod pack that is awaiting approval.
I did.