[1.7.10] Thermal Progression [Tech][Magic][Survival][Over 125 Quests]

Darilan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there. This is my favourite modpack by a mile so far. I just started a new world with v1.2.1 and the coke oven bricks are still placing instead of being loose items, so I still have to dismantle the pressure chamber each time.

Actually n/m, I was just being an idiot. I didn't realize you had to manually select a new version at the top of the launcher. 1.1.5 had updated automatically, I'm not sure why the latest didn't. I feel pretty stupid now.

Last edited:

Darilan

Jul 29, 2019
So after playing for a few more days, I've noticed a couple more little quirks. If I've managed to screw this stuff up too, pls let me know. :D

The Iron/Steel tank quests are still broken. Also, Several of the quests make mention that coke is supposed to be 4x as efficient as coal, and only one should be needed to turn iron to steel, but it's actually only 2x as good as coal and you need 2 to make steel.

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
The Iron/Steel tank quests are still broken.
Shouldn't be. I believe they are detection quests now so try using the manual detect button.
Also, Several of the quests make mention that coke is supposed to be 4x as efficient as coal, and only one should be needed to turn iron to steel, but it's actually only 2x as good as coal and you need 2 to make steel.
To be fair that was based off the wiki which is probably severely dated :p.

BlackFlagBuilder

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, quick bug report using latest version-

The Iron tank quest is broken for me as well
Pams harvest seems to be limited fairly badly on the random world spawns (ie ground harvest, various berry bushes, ect). Botania and BOP flowers are choking them out. But thats not a real big deal. (The quest for the elusive onions drags on)

That said, I downloaded this pack friday and haven't been able to stop myself from playing all weekend. Theres things that do get frustrating, but thats part of actually being balanced so well. With some more polish to the questing, this will be a strong contender for one of the best front page/top of the list 3rd party packs. Im only sad that I didn't find this pack sooner. =)

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
The Iron tank quest is broken for me as well
Guess I'm going to have to crack down on this one, it's eluding me for too long.

Pams harvest seems to be limited fairly badly on the random world spawns (ie ground harvest, various berry bushes, ect)
Early on this can hurt a bit, but if you have the materials, look into making a market block. ;)

Glad you enjoy it nonetheless!

BlackFlagBuilder

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the Tip! The iron tanks quest, I crafted each block type twice and tried spawning it in with creative and neither has worked. Tried manual detect after each craft, with all being crafted and after assembling the tanks.
Any chance it has to do with the all the different recipes to color each of those blocks differently? It seemed very strange that shapeless crafting list has all the odd-ball coloring options listed first and the base "normal" color block list at or near the last page.

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the Tip! The iron tanks quest, I crafted each block type twice and tried spawning it in with creative and neither has worked. Tried manual detect after each craft, with all being crafted and after assembling the tanks.
Any chance it has to do with the all the different recipes to color each of those blocks differently? It seemed very strange that shapeless crafting list has all the odd-ball coloring options listed first and the base "normal" color block list at or near the last page.
I think the problem might lie in that when I tested and made the quests, I used NEI spawned tank blocks, which I know worked. I'm going to get the resources from NEI and craft the blocks and use those to make the quest. My guess is that the NEI blocks for these don't have the same data stored as the crafted blocks (TE machines also had this problem which I had fixed earlier).

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Cool pack- but how to level up pick to mine iron?
Well a delayed answer beats no answer. If I can even recall, I removed having to increase mining level on tools (Just annoying when you want a new tool). You should just need a pickaxe with a copper head, so you will need a smeltery or luck out in a village.

Darilan

Jul 29, 2019
Finally made my way through all of the Industrial Era questline. Must've taken me a solid 5-6 hours of searching the nether to find a single fire flower. In a previous world with the same modpack I'd found one after about an hour, and never found another. Is something conflicting with their generation, or is it supposed to be that rare? Or am I just that unlucky?

Also, the GPS quest at the very end seems to be broken too.

Other than that, still loving the pack. I like that it takes a long time to progress, too many modpacks let you make everything within the first few hours of play and then I get bored. Fire flowers aside, this one hits the sweet spot.

Darilan

Jul 29, 2019
How do you find the flower for the stean generation quest????

Not sure which flower you mean. Basic steam generation quest only needs bricks, a furnace and a fire charge. No flowers required. A different quest in the same section does require a fire flower for red plastic though, is that the one you mean? If so, it's in the nether but as I said above, it seems very rare. Took me forever to find any.

BlackFlagBuilder

Jul 29, 2019
Same story here too. Spent a solid two hours and a 1000+ blocks in each direction. I imagine its a combo of there meant to less than in the over world and generation config issues/override. The neither is very very different than in the vanilla version it was designed to spawn in. Took about that long for the neither ores quest. All the colors are very similar so its hard to tell the darker ores from a distance. Not a lot of silver to be found there :p