[1.7.10] Thermal Progression [Tech][Magic][Survival][Over 125 Quests]

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
because chances can't be done with the smeltery. You ALWAYS get a specified amount. And seeing as it is extremely early game, or doubling would just make the rest of the progression (to ore doubling) pointless
Okay then... how about one ingot and one or two nuggets from each ore? That should be possible with a bit of math.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I think the point with this pack was to mainly use tinkers for tools and to progress along to making machines, otherwise whats the point really in moving to machines if you basically can double and automate the ore production through the smeltery? My only complaint is the way to make steel but after you get 8 steel make 2 machines from thermal expansion to to make reinforced iron which also works like steel.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, my Nether portal keeps insisting on creating new neither portals about a mile away from the one I built when I head back to the over world... It's starting to really piss me off.

Any suggestions? If not I'll just spawn myself something to replace the portals... (Linking books if MystCraft is installed, ect.)

Last edited:

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I think the point with this pack was to mainly use tinkers for tools and to progress along to making machines, otherwise whats the point really in moving to machines if you basically can double and automate the ore production through the smeltery? My only complaint is the way to make steel but after you get 8 steel make 2 machines from thermal expansion to to make reinforced iron which also works like steel.
Well then how about more than a furnace but less than 2x? Like 1 ingot and 1 nugget? That way the book saying that the smeltary gives increased materials wouldn't be incorrect.