[1.7.10] Thermal Progression [Tech][Magic][Survival][Over 125 Quests]

00dragonking00

Jul 29, 2019
When i run this pack it just runs as vanilla 1.7 minecraft. Though it shows up in the ftb launcher as Thermal Progression. When i click on edit mods there is no mods.

StealthyShark

Jul 29, 2019
When i run this pack it just runs as vanilla 1.7 minecraft. Though it shows up in the ftb launcher as Thermal Progression. When i click on edit mods there is no mods.
Go on version 1.1.1 the newest version either hasnt synced with the servers yet or something has gone wrong with the files! Hope this helps

Sorry changed it to 1.1.1 was looking at the wrong modpack

Last edited:

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
So rather than just asking the team to fix the issue for this version, I'm just going to submit a new update (just a few more mod updates, nothing else) since it will probably take just as long anyways and this way I won't have to bother them with an update shortly after.

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.3 is now live (sorry I'm a little late I was playing Smash Bros :p). Just some mod updates and hopefully it should download properly from the launcher this time.

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
So I am considering setting up what I guess would be an "official" Thermal Progression server. Not a great one since "I" would be the owner and I never ran a server before :p and the fact that it would be whitelisted with a smaller player cap since I don't have the funds to upkeep a big server. Just want to know if anyone would actually be interested in such a thing. ;)

Cameya

Jul 29, 2019
So I am considering setting up what I guess would be an "official" Thermal Progression server. Not a great one since "I" would be the owner and I never ran a server before :p and the fact that it would be whitelisted with a smaller player cap since I don't have the funds to upkeep a big server. Just want to know if anyone would actually be interested in such a thing. ;)

I would love to play on your server!!!:D
I personally have private servers for friends, and I have experiance running public ones. I would love to help with what I can. I am no expert tho, but I can easly look into it if I had to:)
As said earlier, I would love to play on your server, and I hope you at least give it a try:)

StealthyShark

Jul 29, 2019

Would also be interested!

StealthyShark

Jul 29, 2019
So just wanted to ask and see if anyone else had performance issues. Over the last few times I tried to play I've been getting extremely unstable fps, starts at 120 then suddenly drops to 5 back up to 60 and the cycle of randomness continues. I've tried both optifine and fastcraft and doesn't seem to do anything. If you have any idea would love to hear it :) btw here are my specs. Also switched between java 8 and 7 with no difference.

CPU: AMD FX 8150 8-Core
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 290x
RAM: 8GB Cosair
1TB hdd and you know all that generic other stuff in every gamer's computer

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So just wanted to ask and see if anyone else had performance issues. Over the last few times I tried to play I've been getting extremely unstable fps, starts at 120 then suddenly drops to 5 back up to 60 and the cycle of randomness continues. I've tried both optifine and fastcraft and doesn't seem to do anything. If you have any idea would love to hear it :) btw here are my specs. Also switched between java 8 and 7 with no difference.

CPU: AMD FX 8150 8-Core
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 290x
RAM: 8GB Cosair
1TB hdd and you know all that generic other stuff in every gamer's computer
Maybe you would want to get yourself some fastcraft ;)
Also, don't dedicate more than 4gb of RAM

Digdug

Jul 29, 2019
Two things I've noticed so far:

It's possible to bypass the steel pickaxe stage. Bronze pickaxe can mine diamonds, make a vanilla diamond pickaxe, mine obsidian, make Alumite. You may want to tweak the vanilla minecraft diamond pick to only hit up to redstone if that's not intended.

Upgrading WAILA to Waila-1.5.7a_1.7.10 fixed a lot of the lag I was seeing when having an NEI search open. I'm not sure how many other people have that lag but if you do, give it a try.