[1.7.10] Thermal Progression [Tech][Magic][Survival][Over 125 Quests]

PurpleY3t1

Jul 29, 2019
You have to go to pack codes and enter the pack's code (thermalp) without the (), and then it should appear at the bottom of the third party packs option.

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
A little sneak peak of the upcoming quests. So far there are about 57 quests ready with many more being made. I expect at least 100 by the time I am done, but we shall see (May be more, may be less)! The screenshot is the intro to the magic mods quest page which I made today. Only thing all the quests needs are balanced rewards...
pGYp8uU.png

Reactions: jordsta95

Cameya

Jul 29, 2019
A little sneak peak of the upcoming quests. So far there are about 57 quests ready with many more being made. I expect at least 100 by the time I am done, but we shall see (May be more, may be less)! The screenshot is the intro to the magic mods quest page which I made today. Only thing all the quests needs are balanced rewards...
pGYp8uU.png
Looks awesome! Cant wait to try it out when you're done:)

I played the pack yesterday, and I dont know if it's me or not, but the hunger bar is bugged. I restarted the client, and use three diffrent resource packs, but I still get the same problem. Im not sure what mod it is, i think it is Hunger Overhaul, put the hunger bar has black dots covering where its supose to be yellow. Its yellow too, but it's annoying having all thos black dots there:p Just something I saw, nothing big, I think....:eek::D:rolleyes: Okay nevermind, Sorry for that bug issue. It's part of The Spice of Life, dont bother :p It's still annoying tho:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
I played the pack yesterday, and I dont know if it's me or not, but the hunger bar is bugged. I restarted the client, and use three diffrent resource packs, but I still get the same problem. Im not sure what mod it is, i think it is Hunger Overhaul, put the hunger bar has black dots covering where its supose to be yellow. Its yellow too, but it's annoying having all thos black dots there:p Just something I saw, nothing big, I think....:eek::D:rolleyes: Okay nevermind, Sorry for that bug issue. It's part of The Spice of Life, dont bother :p It's still annoying tho:rolleyes:
It is actually a part of Applecore, and can be edited client-side with no problem. Just head on into the config for applecore and this should be the first option:
# If true, shows your food exhaustion as a progress bar behind the hunger bars
B:show.food.exhaustion.hud.overlay=true
Set that to false if you don't want to see the black dots. The yellow is saturation and can also be disabled if you do not like it.

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
i may have missed the post but when are the quests being released
Honestly, whenever I finish them, balance the rewards, and then get the pack approved. I won't lie, Dragon Age has been trying to distract me from writing quests, but I wrote another 33 today putting the total currently at 90 and I have many more planned. I should be finished "hopefully" within the week maybe. Then it just needs to be approved and released.
As a bonus, I decided on a way to give unique trophies that I think you will all enjoy. (If not oh well :p)

Cameya

Jul 29, 2019
I played the pack for several hourse yesterday, and its truly an aweomse modpack, but I found a village with a Tinker house, and got a couple of obsidian parts. With the semltery already being finished(almost) in a village, it was easy for me to quickly make a smeltery. There were also a few iron parts. So I made i flint pick and went to get coal, copper and aluminum. I havent done to much research, so I didnt know you could make alumite with thos materials. So before I even got iron, i had an alumite pick. This made it really easy for me. I were able to mine everything before i went down with a copper pick...
So I have a suggestion, if its possible ofc, you should maybe remove obsidian parts from the villages.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I played the pack for several hourse yesterday, and its truly an aweomse modpack, but I found a village with a Tinker house, and got a couple of obsidian parts. With the semltery already being finished(almost) in a village, it was easy for me to quickly make a smeltery. There were also a few iron parts. So I made i flint pick and went to get coal, copper and aluminum. I havent done to much research, so I didnt know you could make alumite with thos materials. So before I even got iron, i had an alumite pick. This made it really easy for me. I were able to mine everything before i went down with a copper pick...
So I have a suggestion, if its possible ofc, you should maybe remove obsidian parts from the villages.
I believe it is possible with minetweaker, but I hope it stays in. It gives people a reason to raid villages ;)

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
I mean, I'm pretty sure I could remove obsidian parts from villages, but then I would also have to remove the lesser-known making obsidian directly in your smeltery, which I can't remove since it is vanilla mechanics.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I mean, I'm pretty sure I could remove obsidian parts from villages, but then I would also have to remove the lesser-known making obsidian directly in your smeltery, which I can't remove since it is vanilla mechanics.
I use it all the time, and never thought about it... But you CAN remove it ;)
Code:
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeAlloy(<liquid:obsidian.molten>);
(I think is the molten registry for liquid obsidian)
But don't do that. Please don't ;)

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeAlloy(<liquid:obsidian.molten>);
The thing is, its not only just adding water and lava directly into a smeltery, you can actually add water and lava sources into a smeltery to make an obsidian block that will melt down. If people *really* wanted, they could just build a mini smeltery around a block of obsidian and melt it down anyways. :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, its not only just adding water and lava directly into a smeltery, you can actually add water and lava sources into a smeltery to make an obsidian block that will melt down. If people *really* wanted, they could just build a mini smeltery around a block of obsidian and melt it down anyways. :p
Remove the obsidian block being meltable too then...
Make it so it uses obsidian tools rods, or something.

Also, a question about a few of the mods. You know how you have stuff like Random Things, which you have disbabled almost all recipes for... Is that just so you can have the few items for crafting recipes? If so, would it not be better to use Quadrum, or just make a mini mod, that adds the few items you need?
Just thinking because your pack does take quite a while to load, and getting rid of the "unused" mods (or at least are basically not used) would probably make it load faster

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
So there are about 125 quests (126 after I add the last one). Basically tonight I am going to pan out the rewards, do some bug testing, and hopefully have the update submitted sometime tomorrow. I was going to add more quests, but the last thing I want to do is try to give a questline on mods I have no idea how to explain. The idea of the quests is to get you started, get you to basic tech, and then have some endgame goals for you to work towards if you so please. I will release a full changelog after I submit the pack.

*Edit: Check main post for changelog!

Last edited: