[1.7.10] The Sky is the Limit [291 Mods] [stable] [sidequests] [alternated balancing]

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
Got another crash after removing malisis doors. Not complaining just letting you know for if it needs to be fixed for next update.

Attachments

• crash-2015-09-23_15.46.36-server.txt
    43.2 KB · Views: 87

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
Got another crash after removing malisis doors. Not complaining just letting you know for if it needs to be fixed for next update.

o_O that crash report is neither completely generated nor does mention any mod-sided error... don't think there's anything I can do about it... I'm currently updating mods in my dev-version maybe that'll do something... other than that... can you tell me what exactly you've been doing before it happend? Also if it happens again can you give me the full log? (if I'm very lucky some mod/forge throws any error before the crash)

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
o_O that crash report is neither completely generated nor does mention any mod-sided error... don't think there's anything I can do about it... I'm currently updating mods in my dev-version maybe that'll do something... other than that... can you tell me what exactly you've been doing before it happend? Also if it happens again can you give me the full log? (if I'm very lucky some mod/forge throws any error before the crash)
Hi, I'm just playing normally and was getting crashes. But I deleted all ftb files and java, reinstalled everything, not getting as many crashes now. But I am getting bad frames and tick rate though. I have a decent computer 3570k and 670's. I can't seem to get it running smoothly.

Edit: I'm fairly sure I'm getting a memory leak. Used memory steadily climbs about 20-30%(so close to 100%) and allocated memory is at 100% all the time. Has anyone else mentioned this or have you or you friends noticed anything?

Last edited:

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
How much ram do you allow ftb to use? The pack should run smoothly with 4,5-6 gb. (Too much isn't good either...java isn't very good in memory handling...)
Also you can try to run optifine instead of FastCraft, sometimes fc couses problems on specific hardware.

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
How much ram do you allow ftb to use? The pack should run smoothly with 4,5-6 gb. (Too much isn't good either...java isn't very good in memory handling...)
Also you can try to run optifine instead of FastCraft, sometimes fc couses problems on specific hardware.
If I use more than 10gb I only get 50-60% memory allocated. Any less, even 9gb, and it hits 100% and has all the fps and tps problems that come with it. I have fastcraft off now, but it seems to have no effect on or off. I get the same frames and the same memory allocation problem. I'll just stick a load of memory on, it stays nice and low then.

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
If I use more than 10gb I only get 50-60% memory allocated. Any less, even 9gb, and it hits 100% and has all the fps and tps problems that come with it. I have fastcraft off now, but it seems to have no effect on or off. I get the same frames and the same memory allocation problem. I'll just stick a load of memory on, it stays nice and low then.

o_O That's defenitely not normal... Are you using any texturepack or have your render distance on Extreme?
Does optifine change anything? (If FastCraft doesn't give you a performance boost you shouldn't use it...you only get the downsides of it (rare render glitches or extremely rarely even render crashes))
Also do you have the most recent java version? (jre 8 update 60 )

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
o_O That's defenitely not normal... Are you using any texturepack or have your render distance on Extreme?
Does optifine change anything? (If FastCraft doesn't give you a performance boost you shouldn't use it...you only get the downsides of it (rare render glitches or extremely rarely even render crashes))
Also do you have the most recent java version? (jre 8 update 60 )
I updated my java, and put the memory back down to 4.5gb and my allocated memory is now at 94% with fastcraft. Which is better, but I'm going to play around a bit more tomorrow with the values. I still don't know what the fps and tps are like, villages seem to give me trouble so I'll have to visit a few to see how I really stand those. But I have noticed something strange when I load up a game I sometimes get the sound of the mekanism crusher.

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
I updated my java, and put the memory back down to 4.5gb and my allocated memory is now at 94% with fastcraft. Which is better, but I'm going to play around a bit more tomorrow with the values. I still don't know what the fps and tps are like, villages seem to give me trouble so I'll have to visit a few to see how I really stand those. But I have noticed something strange when I load up a game I sometimes get the sound of the mekanism crusher.

Minecraft will usually allocate up to 100% ram, the relevant value is the used memory-if that value is above 80% by default increase the ram by 0,5gb and then leave it be. As long as it doesnt stand on 100% for long times and you don't get OutOfMemory crashes everything will be fine ;) As said above MC and java are horrible in memory management...

Short info: DracoScythem (alias _Leguan12_ as wich he's listed on the pack authors list) is taking over this Thread (mostly) ;)

Last edited:

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Wuhuu my thread *jumps in circles* !
Just dropping by to say that there's a massive modpack update upcoming this weekend :D

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft will usually allocate up to 100% ram, the relevant value is the used memory-if that value is above 80% by default increase the ram by 0,5gb and then leave it be. As long as it doesnt stand on 100% for long times and you don't get OutOfMemory crashes everything will be fine ;) As said above MC and java are horrible in memory management...
Since I updated java I am getting better memory usage, I'm back to using 4.5gb. And I have java parameters set to 1024. I was getting okay frames but when I put my render distance from 12 to 16 I am getting better frames, which is strange. But then I saw you are updating so everything will change, for the better I hope.

Ninjishnu78016

Jul 29, 2019
Today, when I was playing the modpack, I noticed a bug. Whenever I try to put iron of gold in the smeltery it doesn't smelt. I cannot even double my iron and gold in any way(TE pulverizer). The only way I can smelt iron or gold is by the vanilla furnace. Would appreciate if you fixed that in the next modpack update ( heard its massive )

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Today, when I was playing the modpack, I noticed a bug. Whenever I try to put iron of gold in the smeltery it doesn't smelt. I cannot even double my iron and gold in any way(TE pulverizer). The only way I can smelt iron or gold is by the vanilla furnace. Would appreciate if you fixed that in the next modpack update ( heard its massive )

Also already mentioned somewhere above ;)
I was partially fixed in some prior update and will be completely fixed in the next update :)

Ninjishnu78016

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yes .... I found another issue. Today, when I was trying to find rubber trees in my world ( it's enhanced biomes worldgen) , I couldnt find any. I traveled hundreds of miles but I couldnt find a single rubber tree. Would appreciate if you would look into the issue.

Anyways, looking forward to the next modpack update :)
Having a lot of fun with this modpack:D

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yes .... I found another issue. Today, when I was trying to find rubber trees in my world ( it's enhanced biomes worldgen) , I couldnt find any. I traveled hundreds of miles but I couldnt find a single rubber tree. Would appreciate if you would look into the issue.

I've had them in all my seeds. I think you are just unlucky. Make a copy of your seed and fly around in creative to save you time while looking.

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019

I've found some after searching for about 2mins :p (There're over hundret of rubber trees in this biome + the two big ones) But I could confirm that they're restricted to some specific biomes, so I'll add them to all forested biomes manually ;)
L7MaXoo.jpg

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
I've found some after searching for about 2mins :p (There're over hundret of rubber trees in this biome + the two big ones) But I could confirm that they're restricted to some specific biomes, so I'll add them to all forested biomes manually ;)
L7MaXoo.jpg
Hey mate, do you have ETA for the update? I know you said weekend but has it been submitted yet, because FTB are really slow to get third party packs onto the launcher.

Edit: I'm just curious because I'm waiting for it to start my world.