[1.7.10] The Sky is the Limit [291 Mods] [stable] [sidequests] [alternated balancing]

capSAR273

Jul 29, 2019
@Game2win Is there a way to disable all this extra info on NEI? LIke the UN and OD. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2015-10-07_09.58.06.png
    2015-10-07_09.58.06.png
    608.4 KB · Views: 47

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like AM2 has a worldgen blacklist in its config. Maybe you could add the twilight forest dimension to it?

That would also prevent all AM2 ores from spawning there...also the chance for a witchwood tree to spawn in the same area as the naga arena (what should not even be possible, looks like bad coding on TF's side...) is quite small...I think the damage would be bigger than that the bug causes...

What's your policy on using this pack on public servers?

I'd love to use it for one I'm hosting with a few friends.

Go for it! There are only 2 conditions:
1. Credit (Link to this topic; don't claim anything in the modpack as yours)
2. Don't edit Recipes/ban items from any of Reikas mods (Editing configs or changing other mods' recipes is allowed but you'd do us a favour if you don't do that :p )
The usual MC terms (don't sell items or access to specific things for real money and so on) also apply of course ;)

@Game2win Is there a way to disable all this extra info on NEI? LIke the UN and OD. Thanks!

They can be disabled in the ProjectE config (config/ProjectE/ProjectE.cfg) in the misc settings
(OreDictionary Names and Unlocalized Names ; The EMC value can also be disabled there...if you don't use ProjectE as otherwise...you'll need them :D )

Freakship

Jul 29, 2019
Could you explain how to make the pack into a server pack?
I got the part about removing the liteloader and damageindicator. :)

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Could you explain how to make the pack into a server pack?
I got the part about removing the liteloader and damageindicator. :)

You only have to put the edited mods folder together with the config , scripts , and structures folders on a forge server (into the folder with the server.jar, the properties etc.)
(You can search for detailed tutorials on youtube, there's a lot of them :D )

Freakship

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Found a nice tutorial! But as the server is starting up, it crashes with an error caused by Default keys?

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting a crash on entering a world, any ideas on how to fix it. Only thing I have changed is disabled FastCraft. But I have loaded the world since then.

Cheers for any help.

http://pastebin.com/KR0WVdNW <- Crash report

Remove Opis. (That mod will defenitely become optional in the next update...it's good but buggy and uses ancient versions of Mapwriter...)

Removed the Default keys mod and got alot further in the server start panel. But now i gives me an error on Mekanism generators.
http://pastebin.com/fhG8SEDE

Removing PneumaticCraft fixes that problem for now (hopefully the issue will be fixed in the near future)-PC is adding some fluid with unvalid textures.
(interestingly the server stays compatible with clients that still have pc installed, unless you try to get one of the machines with NEI/Creative)

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Wow your pack need 4,5 Gb of RAM, how did you manage that ? Most pack usually require 2 Gb and are kitchen sink pack too, so how ?
There's like 3 map mods loaded, why ?

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
Wow your pack need 4,5 Gb of RAM, how did you manage that ? Most pack usually require 2 Gb and are kitchen sink pack too, so how ?
There's like 3 map mods loaded, why ?

First off the packs you're referring to are infinity, koretex and co. I assume. 289 mods need their RAM and there's no "how did you manage that, most use only 2". There's just "It is like that like it or not I don't care". If you want an immersive modlist, many play-styles and possibilities and at least so much of balance you don't "win" in some hours, play our modpack. If you want modpacks that take up relatively low performance (I can sill only laugh about some of the bugs and mistakes in some of the popular packs) play them. Period.
3 maps: Voxelmap is currently the "best" minimap but doesn't offer the main journeymap features (the minimap is only a minor part of it), so both are active by default. The 3rd is MapWriter (Opis) and will be deactivated by default as of the next update (for becoming extremely buggy).

Removing OPIS fixed my crash cheers for the reply

No problem :)

Whenever I launch the pack, it hangs during PostInit.
Using 5 gb of ram, Java 7 u71, FTB Launcher.
FML log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jOUuzqqfjEbzY0R0Q1cTZDLVE/view?usp=sharing

Also, Reika's mods need updating.

You don't have to tell my that there's an update avaible I know already, and am working on the next modpack update containing them ;)
The modpack is developed and desinged for Java 8 (u60), but it's still interesting that the log ends on Metallurgy...that mod is one of the most compatible regarding java versions o_O
Did you give te pack some time or did you ill it after 30secs? Also what does the MC Screen show when it's freezing? (If its IguanaTweaks...give it 1-2mins (5 on first modpack start)...it does take quite a lot of time to load up (modifying hundrets of tools and materials is quite ressource and time demanding :D ))

Shalashalska

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to tell my that there's an update avaible I know already, and am working on the next modpack update containing them ;)
The modpack is developed and desinged for Java 8 (u60), but it's still interesting that the log ends on Metallurgy...that mod is one of the most compatible regarding java versions o_O
Did you give te pack some time or did you ill it after 30secs? Also what does the MC Screen show when it's freezing? (If its IguanaTweaks...give it 1-2mins (5 on first modpack start)...it does take quite a lot of time to load up (modifying hundrets of tools and materials is quite ressource and time demanding :D ))
I was using Java 7 because Chromaticraft has some minor incompatibility with Java 8 (crashes entering the dimension in late game). I had it loading for about 20 minutes. I didn't see what it ended on because it was minimized. When I get home I'll try not minimizing and using java 8 (separately, so I can actually use endgame chromaticraft)

Teixi

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is there any reason Quartz Block has 1 EMC instead of 1024? I know that it's a really good material for decorating but well, TConstruct+ProjectE = Free sharpness upgrades for your weapons, and what's more, you can take 1024 quartz blocks with EMC and then grind it with botania, enderio, mekanism... to get more EMC, repeat and repeat until you get the desired EMC for another thing (on the early game i mean. Now i really don't care because i have 4000 emerald seeds worth of 3.4x10^10 EMC due to my MFR autofarming).

2. I don't know why this happens because i've never tried this mod before, but the Molecular Transformer, from Advanced Solar Panels don't accept any kind of energy. I've tried with Rednet Energy cables from MineFactory Reloaded (they convert RF to EU) and Glass Fibre Cables from Industrial Craft 2 Classic, coming from an MFSU (so, everything with IC2 API) but it keeps staying on 0% and 0 EU/t. Maybe is caused due to being the "classic" version instead of the experimental? Or why?

3. The Energy Storage from Draconic Evolution crashes the game after right-clicking on it to see it's actual RF stored.

4. How am i suposed to make High Essence Core and Base Essence Core of Ars Magica 2? I've searched in the AM2 wiki and the recipe it says it's not working.

5. I would love some more quests with HQM other than the ones telling you the 1st item to do to start with X mod. That would be really great (i'm an HQM lover xd)

Oh, and by the way, about the witchwood tree bug with naga you said it shouldn't spawn in the naga arena but it actually don't. When i saw this it was on a witchwood tree just on the outside of the arena, but the naga get's a little bit outside the arena (maybe...5 blocks?). That's why it got blocked by that tree. The only tree i've seen inside the arena are the Greatwood trees from Thaumcraft 4, but they aren't a problem.

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is there any reason Quartz Block has 1 EMC instead of 1024? I know that it's a really good material for decorating but well, TConstruct+ProjectE = Free sharpness upgrades for your weapons, and what's more, you can take 1024 quartz blocks with EMC and then grind it with botania, enderio, mekanism... to get more EMC, repeat and repeat until you get the desired EMC for another thing (on the early game i mean. Now i really don't care because i have 4000 emerald seeds worth of 3.4x10^10 EMC due to my MFR autofarming).

2. I don't know why this happens because i've never tried this mod before, but the Molecular Transformer, from Advanced Solar Panels don't accept any kind of energy. I've tried with Rednet Energy cables from MineFactory Reloaded (they convert RF to EU) and Glass Fibre Cables from Industrial Craft 2 Classic, coming from an MFSU (so, everything with IC2 API) but it keeps staying on 0% and 0 EU/t. Maybe is caused due to being the "classic" version instead of the experimental? Or why?

3. The Energy Storage from Draconic Evolution crashes the game after right-clicking on it to see it's actual RF stored.

4. How am i suposed to make High Essence Core and Base Essence Core of Ars Magica 2? I've searched in the AM2 wiki and the recipe it says it's not working.

5. I would love some more quests with HQM other than the ones telling you the 1st item to do to start with X mod. That would be really great (i'm an HQM lover xd)

Oh, and by the way, about the witchwood tree bug with naga you said it shouldn't spawn in the naga arena but it actually don't. When i saw this it was on a witchwood tree just on the outside of the arena, but the naga get's a little bit outside the arena (maybe...5 blocks?). That's why it got blocked by that tree. The only tree i've seen inside the arena are the Greatwood trees from Thaumcraft 4, but they aren't a problem.

1. ProjectE will become rebalanced completely in the next update and moved from early mid-game to the endgame. I'll also try to balance/fix some EMC loops (some like the one back from Tekkit classic is in fact intended :D )
The Molecular Transformer bug is caused by the Transformer itself (It also can glitch around with IC2 Exp.)...Mekanism cables and Energy Bridges should be working. (Also most Energy sources can directly connect to it and will work)
3. That's a know bug of the current DraconicEvolution versions, nothing I can do about that until it's updated
4. Did you feed enough neutral essence? (Vinteum dust in obelisk, linked with crastal wrench)
5. More quests...the quests were always intended to be something you can do, give you a challenge (Endgame Quest tree) or use for orientation but never to become the main part of the modpack. think i can add a few more though ;)

Naga: Theoretically they shouldn't even be able to leave the arena...still only thing I can really do is hoping for a modsided fix sometime in the future...

Teixi

Jul 29, 2019
1. ProjectE will become rebalanced completely in the next update and moved from early mid-game to the endgame. I'll also try to balance/fix some EMC loops (some like the one back from Tekkit classic is in fact intended :D )
The Molecular Transformer bug is caused by the Transformer itself (It also can glitch around with IC2 Exp.)...Mekanism cables and Energy Bridges should be working. (Also most Energy sources can directly connect to it and will work)
3. That's a know bug of the current DraconicEvolution versions, nothing I can do about that until it's updated
4. Did you feed enough neutral essence? (Vinteum dust in obelisk, linked with crastal wrench)
5. More quests...the quests were always intended to be something you can do, give you a challenge (Endgame Quest tree) or use for orientation but never to become the main part of the modpack. think i can add a few more though ;)

Naga: Theoretically they shouldn't even be able to leave the arena...still only thing I can really do is hoping for a modsided fix sometime in the future...

1. Good to hear that.
2. Worked with mekanism's universal cables coming from a enderio's capacitor bank. Thank you very much.
3. Oh, i didn't know it was a known bug. Sorry then.
4. Yeah, i have it on an automatic farm putting the output on an energy condenser transforming it's EMC into vinteum dust, so infinite neutral etherium (and chunk loaded). What's more, the other recipes work, but those ones no. I have even dark etherium too from a zombie autospawner. It's at 1000 unless it's working (when works it goes from 1000 to 850 to 1000, etc)
5. It's all up to you. You're the modpack maker xd Afterall is what you say, the modpack is about a kitchen sink-like, so, pure sandbox. Quests are there just as an extra.

zwibak01

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is DEFINITLY NOT stable. It crashes when I try to launch the pack for the second time (PS: didn't add/remove/edit mods):

http://pastebin.com/zZWZHyYH

RotaryCraft (+ElectriCraft) seem to crash my game, but I don't want to remove them because this pack is pure AWESOMENESS!