[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

VaporStrike

Jul 29, 2019
tell them it fixes a game breaking crash which annoys the heck out of players. if they refuse... i would actually stop using their service.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.
They're a perfectly fine server host, they just don't have enough staff currently and so want to avoid screwing up an update and breaking the map, thus making a bunch of people angry, which could very well happen here if they don't know what they're doing.

Also out of like the 5 or 6 players that use their TFB server, only one of us is having the crash, and it's fairly irregular, so it's not a huge concern for any of us just yet.

Last edited:

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
I tell them that, but they're also not the greatest at updating anyways so even if they decide to, they could possibly screw something up. Plus they're a perfectly fine server host, they just don't have enough staff currently and so want to avoid screwing up an update and breaking the map, thus making a bunch of people angry, which could very well happen here if they don't know what they're doing.

Also out of like the 5 or 6 players that use their TFB server, only one of us is having the crash, and it's fairly irregular, so it's not a huge concern for any of us just yet.
i see. we also do have a co4mmjnity powered server. just that it is unofficial. there is a link to it down in my sig.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So how exactly would this update work for a server? I'm only asking because the hosts of the server I play on are always reluctant to update no matter what pack it is, so having a fairly clear and simple explanation would really help in getting them to update.

EDIT: Also, on 0.2.1, I'm having an infinite popup saying "Quest Complete | New Quest" with a picture of a nether star. I can't find out how to get it to stop. Any ideas?
Updating an existing server :
  1. Download the server zip.
  2. Shut the server down
  3. Delete the following folders :
    1. config/
    2. GunCus/
    3. modpack/
    4. mods/
    5. scripts/
  4. From the server zip, extract the same folders into the install.
  5. Run the server again.
After launching it, be sure to follow the instructions in the update post on doing the Tablet Firmware Update Quest and the Scoreboard and Progress Reset Quest.

VaporStrike

Jul 29, 2019
Updating an existing server :
  1. Download the server zip.
  2. Shut the server down
  3. Delete the following folders :
    1. config/
    2. GunCus/
    3. modpack/
    4. mods/
    5. scripts/
  4. From the server zip, extract the same folders into the install.
  5. Run the server again.
After launching it, be sure to follow the instructions in the update post on doing the Tablet Firmware Update Quest and the Scoreboard and Progress Reset Quest.
Cool, thanks Caigan. This'll definitely help get the server up to date as fast as possible. It seems simple enough, but they like to know exactly what they're getting into beforehand.

Last edited:

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
You have a small typo in the main menu. I boxed the error.
9dfd6ebc58a3499d7ea6632790d9423b.png

VaporStrike

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I'm missing something, but what's the typo? If you mean the whole word, it's not a mistake. The info is literally it's own quest.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm reading it correctly, and I have the context right - that sentence doesn't need the word QUEST at the end.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm reading it correctly, and I have the context right - that sentence doesn't need the word QUEST at the end.
You have a small typo in the main menu. I boxed the error.
9dfd6ebc58a3499d7ea6632790d9423b.png

It can work with or without it, because the first reference to Quest is for Quest Page, not a specific quest.

The second reference is saying to look for a specific Quest for it.

Tamtam18_2

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest adding the mod "openPeripheralIntegration" to the pack and remove "computercraftEDU"

why is computercraftEDU in the pack? that mod is meant to be used for educational purposes; by schools and teachers.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
why is computercraftEDU in the pack? that mod is meant to be used for educational purposes; by schools and teachers.
ComputercraftEdu can be used by more than just teaching from a teacher or parent. It provides a different, easier to use interface so those who have never coded can start poking their head into programming, without downloading a premade script.

As well, part of the goal of this pack is to teach players about most of the mods in the pack, from start to finish.

As for OpenPeripheralIntegration, will look into it.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I for one am glad EDU is in here. I have 0 experience programming computers. This makes using computercraft accessible to me past using pastebin

D

DarkSoul122

ok so ive tried entering the server after downloading everything but now its not letting me on like before is there any way to fix this problem

P

Plue

Having a minor problem on my server. When I open up the RF Submission station it 'flickers' and resets to the default 'Like a Rock' turn in repeatedly. The quest book does nearly the same thing, not allowing me to scroll on text before it resets the page it is currently on.

Thanks.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
I thought this was fixed with the BQ updates, maybe not. Anyways it is due to you or someone on the server performing a continuous RF feed into the station. Best to store it up beforehand and dump it in all once real quick like.

D

DerpyNinja476

can any one help me?
i added a few mods that i love to use and never play without, but i dont know what happened to minecraft, i also had to use an alternat launcher because minecraft bugged out a few months ago.
all of a sudden minecraft keeps crashing on me, but i cant find anything in the crash log about it, would anyone be able to help me and tell me what the issue is? the log is attached as a .txt file

Attachments

• crash-2017-01-05_18.13.36-client.txt
    37.2 KB · Views: 85

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
can any one help me?
i added a few mods that i love to use and never play without, but i dont know what happened to minecraft, i also had to use an alternat launcher because minecraft bugged out a few months ago.
the key early lines:
Initializing game
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object: "\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0000"
at com.google.gson.JsonElement.getAsJsonObject(JsonElement.java:90)
at fluxedCrystals.registry.MutationRegistry.ReadFromDisk(MutationRegistry.java:93)
at fluxedCrystals.registry.MutationRegistry.Load(MutationRegistry.java:79)
fluxed crystal crash looks like the custom resource seed crystals got messed up this happend before
the known fix for this issue(copied from caigans github minus the link)

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object

This is a rare bug that happens with Fluxed Crystals 2. To fix it, you'll need to change to the backup seed data files.

Refer to (caigans github) on how to find your config folder if you don't know how.
In the /config/fluxedCrystals/ folder, there is a /backup/ folder. Copy the three files in it, and paste them back in the /fluxedCrystals/ folder, overwriting the old copies.

Last edited:
D

DragonmasterDJ

found yet another bug which is making the quests someone impossible to do >~<

whenever i scroll down for the quest tablet it instantly takes me back to the top. so i don't have access to the other quest sections. any help?