[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

hector212121

Jul 29, 2019
There is! Thanks to Forge, you can hold down shift to see all items of a certain FMC value. If you want to find a FMC value of 500, grab a item with 500, hold shift, and copy the forge id from there into the NEI search, or at least some of it.

Edit:Wait, no, that doesn't work, still, you can just search the FMC value you want and find mostly that thing.

A

Aeliy

Uhm... Can I ask for Matter Overdrive not to be remove?. You know it kinda very good once you are into it and.. it was updated just last months. (I haven't seen any major bug so far.)
Also exotic birds are just annoying...

Reactions: Henry Link

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
There is! Thanks to Forge, you can hold down shift to see all items of a certain FMC value. If you want to find a FMC value of 500, grab a item with 500, hold shift, and copy the forge id from there into the NEI search, or at least some of it.

Edit:Wait, no, that doesn't work, still, you can just search the FMC value you want and find mostly that thing.

Oooh.. so you just type the literal FMC number into the NEI search bar.. huh, never struck me to be that simple

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Though... don't suppose there is a way to search for like greater then using nei? Like, it's easy to search for things with 20k, or 50k, but a lot of the numbers are odd like 63,500

Reactions: Zoriac

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
hey Caigan, not sure if intended, but you're "0.2.0 update, important information for returning players" link instead goes to the 0.13 post..not sure if desired or not.

hector212121

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, anyone irritated by exotic birds-- go in config for it, find and replace canspawn=true to =false. I left in magpies because they can find loot, but everything else went. I took special glee in removing Lyrebirds.

Reactions: Pyure

hector212121

Jul 29, 2019
Quick suggestion:Set the base inputs for the Adventurer's Bag to the following:

Ferretshinies:NullToken
props:clay
GrimoireOfGaia:item.GrimoireOfGaia.Shard
GrimoireOfGaia:item.GrimoireOfGaia.boxIron
GrimoireOfGaia:item.GrimoireOfGaia.boxGold
GrimoireOfGaia:item.GrimoireOfGaia.boxDiamond
GrimoireOfGaia:item.GrimoireOfGaia.boxOld
Thaumcraft:ItemLootBag

This means that research item, Gaia's looted fragments/bags, and Thaumcraft's bags would go into the adventurer bag automatically, along with that dratted crafting clay! Since a woven bag gives you 45 slots, well, you won't be needing to worry about it. Mind, shop tokens will also go in it--but do you *really* feel like putting that in for every researchology metadata?

I also plopped nuggetGold into the oredict for it, just because.

Oh, and maybe add contracts too, but i forgot that while modding my own config for that.

edit:It seems like I need to work on this as for some reason it isn't working properly... i'll try actually bothering with metadata. Grah.

Edited edit:Make sure that the > is AFTER all the items you want to go in the bag. I feel like a doofus.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bit of a problem with betterquesting--when I do a rf task, it constantly resets the quest book. Not as in I lose any progress, but I can't change page of reward/requirement or scroll the bar because it keeps moving to the first page/very top. Very annoying.
Known issue thats fixed in a BetterQuesting update.

How about making a crate machine that automatically breaks items down into FMC, then you can put in crates to pull out single large crates?
This is something similar to what I would LIKE to do, but I do not have the programming skill yet, nor does my partner have the time at the moment to get something this complex done for me.

The reason it's like this is because the method I'm using to create the recipes is via MineTweaker. The more complex the recipes, the bigger and more complex the scripts get, and the more problematic it becomes to update those scripts for mechanics changes, and the more nuanced combinations/etc become equally as difficult.

Yes, eventually I would like to have custom machines in Ferret Shinies for these types of things.

Ok.. since Draconium ore is disabled. How do you get it?
The first of the Draconic Evolution quests unlocks when you reach Iron Exchange Rate.

Uhm... Can I ask for Matter Overdrive not to be remove?
It's sort of already been decided, sorry.

hey Caigan, not sure if intended, but you're "0.2.0 update, important information for returning players" link instead goes to the 0.13 post..not sure if desired or not.
Oops. I'll fix that when I can.

Quick suggestion:Set the base inputs for the Adventurer's Bag to the following:
Updating what can go into bags is something that I'm planning on working on down the line, when I get to the Forestry/etc quests.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
MAJOR SETBACKS

Given the tone of my last post, unfortunately I have some bad news.

Pretty much a majority of the progress I've gotten since the last update has been wiped out due to a bad hard drive crash. And by my own fault, I didn't set my backup stuff after I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 a few months back.

I'm spending the evening going through data repair and recovery options I can manage (being careful, as every time I boot up the drive unsuccessfully, the better the chance of it just breaking). Actual data recovery services are much more costly than I can really handle ($500 to $1,500 estimates for the drive size/model. Yeah, no =T)

So, for now the gameplan is going to be :
  • Step back for a day or two from working on the modpack. Try what I can with recovering the files. This pretty much feels like I hit a brick wall going at a full run, unfortunately.
  • Rebuild the art files lost in the crash.
  • Re-apply a majority of the changes already in the changelog.
    • I keep such detailed changelogs for multiple reasons, transparency in changes is just one of them. The second is, seeing exactly what I changed between versions to see issues. This would be a third : reapplying changes after something happens.
  • Start using the GitHub to store updated /scripts/ and /config/ folders.
    • This is something I was considering when I moved the Troubleshooting page to GitHub, but decided to wait on it.
Other than this, I am probably going to split up the update into two parts. Aside from the quests for Job Reputation, Researchology, etc, I will be shifting the new questlines to 0.2.2 as a major focus for it.

I would of liked to get this and at least one more update out this year. This setback does not help it at all, unfortunately.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
MAJOR SETBACKS

Given the tone of my last post, unfortunately I have some bad news.

Pretty much a majority of the progress I've gotten since the last update has been wiped out due to a bad hard drive crash. And by my own fault, I didn't set my backup stuff after I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 a few months back.

I'm spending the evening going through data repair and recovery options I can manage (being careful, as every time I boot up the drive unsuccessfully, the better the chance of it just breaking). Actual data recovery services are much more costly than I can really handle ($500 to $1,500 estimates for the drive size/model. Yeah, no =T)

So, for now the gameplan is going to be :
  • Step back for a day or two from working on the modpack. Try what I can with recovering the files. This pretty much feels like I hit a brick wall going at a full run, unfortunately.
  • Rebuild the art files lost in the crash.
  • Re-apply a majority of the changes already in the changelog.
    • I keep such detailed changelogs for multiple reasons, transparency in changes is just one of them. The second is, seeing exactly what I changed between versions to see issues. This would be a third : reapplying changes after something happens.
  • Start using the GitHub to store updated /scripts/ and /config/ folders.
    • This is something I was considering when I moved the Troubleshooting page to GitHub, but decided to wait on it.
Other than this, I am probably going to split up the update into two parts. Aside from the quests for Job Reputation, Researchology, etc, I will be shifting the new questlines to 0.2.2 as a major focus for it.

I would of liked to get this and at least one more update out this year. This setback does not help it at all, unfortunately.
Stay strong Caigan.

Personal note: any time I've had a major development setback losing weeks/months of work, for some reason the second run-through works out way better. I catch a bunch of mistakes I kinda missed the first time, and make better design decisions, making disparate elements flow together in a better fashion.

I won't say "things happen for a reason" because I don't believe in such nonsense, but "things happen and sometimes we roll with it and kick more ass than ever before" works just as well.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I won't say "things happen for a reason" because I don't believe in such nonsense, but "things happen and sometimes we roll with it and kick more ass than ever before" works just as well.
Pretty much, lol. Just a reminder to not ignore basic development 101 level stuff: backup backup backup and double check your stuff is working.

hector212121

Jul 29, 2019
Mmh. Well, at least make it so that combining crates returns empty ones or something? :p

Also, the quick list I compiled is something you can plug in with minimum consequences--people who don't like things it takes but don't like going into configs will continue to not use the adventurer's bag, after all. The list is simply the quickest group of 'which loot annoys me the most/do i want to always have inventory room for/both' i could hash out.

Edit:Is the new update going to have Researchology give actual special bonuses by the item rather than just +5 rep/50 SP? I feel like Wriggling Tentacles(which come from androids and stuff, since there aren't any squid) should give SO MANY more rewards than downy feathers(which even the simplest chicken farm will have enormous amounts of)....

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Caigan, I just appreciate you being here and still supporting your pack even though it has been in the mainstream for a year now and almost everyone else has moved on to 1.10 packs. So I'll encourage you to keep with it and thank you for all the support and work you've put into this pack.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
To tack on with everyone else... thank you for all the good work you've done and I know will continue to do. You take all the time you need to get the work back. Be it from data recovery or from having to do it again (as hard and time consuming that will be). I for one will continue to enjoy this pack.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan, I just appreciate you being here and still supporting your pack even though it has been in the mainstream for a year now and almost everyone else has moved on to 1.10 packs. So I'll encourage you to keep with it and thank you for all the support and work you've put into this pack.
yeah... i will probably compile a list for it...

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

M

mikeytheking

does anyone have and or know if there is a server download link for this pack?

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Known issue thats fixed in a BetterQuesting update.

the mod update, or your update?

And caigan... don't give up! this is the better modpack! keep up! we love this mod pack, if has something for me to do to help, pls just say it! i'll be happy to help =)

Last edited: