[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
trying to make this for a quest. transmutative rod for a quest thaumcraft triple checked i had all correct parts. Tore my infusion altar down and rebuilt can't get it to work.

Another question the quest for the silverwood boss staff. The parts and item is one quest, so u have to make the parts twice so u can make the staff and turn in parts. Is this the way it is suppose to be or just for me. there is several quest i have had to make stuff twice just so i can turn in the items to make a item. It don't detect each individual item on a quest page.

Last edited:

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
@joeblogs888
"java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop <--- something went wrong on the server/ internal server
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:524)<--- process questing data
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:483) <--- loading questing data
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:409) <--- loading questing data
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:107) <--- loading questing data
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:438) <--- loading questing data
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23) <--- this indicates that the world was just loaded, so when opening
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_829_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
"
my guess is that your questing data somehow got corrupted. specifically your hqm quest data, at "\.minecraft\saves\<WorldName>\HardcoreQuesting\" should be 2 files "players.dat" "players.dat-backup", try renaming the backup and try starting the world again, if it still crashes with the backup renamed, try deleting/removing it (you will lose HQM progress).

admittedly, you are the first to report this issue, but it happens again, please describe exactly what caused it (opening a bag/ crafting a item, completing a quest ect.)

in addition, java 1.8.0_25 is a bit out of date, try updating java as well

@Attifyon
that is a known and reported bug with better questing, the issue is that the scoreboard was updated while it was trying to store it to disk, there is nothing you or us can do until it is fixed by the mod dev.
link to the issue: https://github.com/Funwayguy/StandardQuestingPack/issues/20
could you spoiler it? thanks :)

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
This shouldn't happen, no. Will look further into it, but it might be similar to the issue others have of screen going blank for a moment when a quest is completed.

As shown in the Better Questing book or the HQM? Try /scoreboard players list playername (replace playername with your username) to check your tracks and let me know if it still resets each restart.

I think I may know what is causing this issue.

Could you try going to /config/betterquesting/ and open questbook.cfg. Change B:disableQuestNotifications=false to B:disableQuestNotifications=true

Load the game again and try completing a quest.

I changed it, but i play on server so i don't think it helped. It is still going black. It wasn't always this way. When i first started playing it didn't do it.

D

dakka

Don't want to seem overly annoying, however I was wondering when the next update is due. I have been trying to get ae rv3 working, so it stops using the wrong resources. Unfortunately I couldn't get my game to load with rv3. Went to all the trouble of getting AE autocrafting and then realising I don't have the options to use specific recipes. So its not something I can make proper use of.

I tried versions from other mod packs that use both ae2 & ae2 stuff, but for some reason they failed to load in this mod pack. I did see a mention that it will be available in the next update, but as of yet I don't know how often you bring those out. Still new to this pack. Been playing for about a week so far.

At any rate, apologies if this annoys, I am just really impatient to have those AE settings.

MissEmai

Jul 29, 2019
trying to make this for a quest. transmutative rod for a quest thaumcraft triple checked i had all correct parts. Tore my infusion altar down and rebuilt can't get it to work.

Another question the quest for the silverwood boss staff. The parts and item is one quest, so u have to make the parts twice so u can make the staff and turn in parts. Is this the way it is suppose to be or just for me. there is several quest i have had to make stuff twice just so i can turn in the items to make a item. It don't detect each individual item on a quest page.

Having finished almost all of the thaumcraft quests, there is at least one more item that can't be crafted as the infusion doesn't work. The Thaumic Restorer.
As for your other question, get used to it cos you will have to make doubles of A LOT of stuff to satisfy the quest line.

Last edited:

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
yes @MissEmai there are a few recipies that are broken the the Thaumcraft Questline, and the questline is being rewritten to not require double crafting everything. but thatnks for informing us the thaumic restorer doesnt work as well. if you know any other quests that dont work, do feel free to tell us so it can be fixed.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Don't want to seem overly annoying, however I was wondering when the next update is due. I have been trying to get ae rv3 working, so it stops using the wrong resources. Unfortunately I couldn't get my game to load with rv3. Went to all the trouble of getting AE autocrafting and then realising I don't have the options to use specific recipes. So its not something I can make proper use of.

I tried versions from other mod packs that use both ae2 & ae2 stuff, but for some reason they failed to load in this mod pack. I did see a mention that it will be available in the next update, but as of yet I don't know how often you bring those out. Still new to this pack. Been playing for about a week so far.

At any rate, apologies if this annoys, I am just really impatient to have those AE settings.
should be out by next release. I am not sure.

MissEmai

Jul 29, 2019
Could you try going to /config/betterquesting/ and open questbook.cfg. Change B:disableQuestNotifications=false to B:disableQuestNotifications=true

Load the game again and try completing a quest.

Can confirm that is does not work.
I edited the config, saved and relaunched and its still happening when the notice pops up that a quest item was submitted or a quest is complete.

yes @MissEmai there are a few recipies that are broken the the Thaumcraft Questline, and the questline is being rewritten to not require double crafting everything. but thatnks for informing us the thaumic restorer doesnt work as well. if you know any other quests that dont work, do feel free to tell us so it can be fixed.

Can the Advanced Wandcrafting quest be confirmed as being changed after the update? Having to make 5 Charged Thaumium caps seems stupid to me just to complete one part of the quest

D

dakka

@dakka out of interest, did you update AEstuff mod at the same time as you did AE?
I tried using existing AE2 stuff with rv3 beta5 & 6, as well as the current version of ae2 stuff from the curse site for ae2 stuff. For some reason the ae2 stuff we have in our modpack is a later version than what u get from the curse website. So yea I tried all kinds of combinations with last 2 beta versions of ae2 and last 2 versions of ae2 stuff.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
I tried using existing AE2 stuff with rv3 beta5 & 6, as well as the current version of ae2 stuff from the curse site for ae2 stuff. For some reason the ae2 stuff we have in our modpack is a later version than what u get from the curse website. So yea I tried all kinds of combinations with last 2 beta versions of ae2 and last 2 versions of ae2 stuff.
think you have to update thaimic energetics too.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really know if this has something to do with the way this modpack is configured or if it is caused by a bug in AE2, but while looking for a stronghold I found a random boulder made of AE2 interfaces on top of a tree stump. I'm playing singleplayer so I'm fairly certain this wasn't another player's tomfoolery
Thats odd, and the sort of thing I haven't heard of happening since early modded minecraft days.

Could that have caused this?
This sounds like it was coincidental. This is a known BQ bug, as elcid534 mentioned.

this time the mod loads fine but upon opening the world the game crashes with the same report has any one had this or can point me into the right direction to fix?
Somehow your HQM progress data got corrupted. Check the Troubleshooting guide at the bottom of my posts, there are instructions for how to reset your HQM progress.

if possible i wold like to request the inclusion of Refined Relocation to the pack
As we talked in the Discord, I'm more considering Logistic Pipes since its been another one of those 'oft requested' mods.

trying to make this for a quest. transmutative rod for a quest thaumcraft triple checked i had all correct parts.
This and a few other infusions don't seem to work right now. I've fixed some of them, but others do not work. I need to track down which ones no longer work, and will be making temporary Arcane Workbench recipes for them.

It don't detect each individual item on a quest page.
This is an odd issue I'm trying to figure out. The early quests detect single items fine, but later quests don't seem to, requiring you to have all the items on a task page.

I changed it, but i play on server so i don't think it helped. It is still going black. It wasn't always this way. When i first started playing it didn't do it.
I'll keep tracking down the issue and see what I can find.

Don't want to seem overly annoying, however I was wondering when the next update is due.
No ETA as RL has me a bit more busy currently. I would like to get the beta out some time this month, if not full 0.2.1 release, but I cannot make promises.

For some reason the ae2 stuff we have in our modpack is a later version than what u get from the curse website
That one is a bugfix on the rv2 version, which is why its newer. The rv3 versions are only older by I believe a day or two.

The AE2 rv3 mod updates I did to work on my local copy :
  • AE2 (rv3-beta-6)
  • AE2Stuff (rv3-0.5.1.9)
  • Extra Cells 2 (2.3.14)
  • Thaumic Energistics (1.0.0.5)

Reactions: An0nymuS and dakka
D

Darkzonegermany

As shown in the Better Questing book or the HQM? Try /scoreboard players list playername (replace playername with your username) to check your tracks and let me know if it still resets each restart.
The Scoreboard says that i have 58 Job Reputation, 0 Shop Loyality and doesen´t even show 0 Trader Renown. Everytime I start the Game it goes to the stats 58/0/0

D

dakka

The AE2 rv3 mod updates I did to work on my local copy :
  • AE2 (rv3-beta-6)
  • AE2Stuff (rv3-0.5.1.9)
  • Extra Cells 2 (2.3.14)
  • Thaumic Energistics (1.0.0.5)

You are awesome! Thank you very much for that, worked like a charm :D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The Scoreboard says that i have 58 Job Reputation, 0 Shop Loyality and doesen´t even show 0 Trader Renown. Everytime I start the Game it goes to the stats 58/0/0
Hm, one other person had this issue. I'm hoping that the update fixes these issues with the changes I've made. (It might be an issue with how scoreboard reputation tracks are named, which is changed in the next update.

For now, you can do the following to complete the certain quests that call for reputation (for example, the Iron Exchange quest that unlocks the Draconic Evolution questline):
  1. Hover your mouse over the quest and hold Shift, it will show you a number at the end of the name. This is the QuestID.
  2. Type /bq_admin complete QuestID username

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
INFORMATION UPDATE

I just wanted to inform folks that the Known Issues google doc is no longer valid. I have moved over all issues and solutions, and will be adding more known issues, information, and solutions to current problems to the new GitHub Repository.

This will make it easier to see and search for issues. It is also an easier way for me to keep this information sorted and updated.

Reactions: An0nymuS
M

mackie419

I have one question. I have tried to use opencomputers and one of the recipes uses a diamond chip which if you look at the recipe just shows one diamond for the chip. but it does not work. I have tried editing the config to enable the diamond chip but for some reason the recipes never shows up.

Also one other thing i noticed is if you chisel marble to the light creeper stone and then convert them to stairs and place them, if you have to break them to replace it changes it to dark creeper stairs.

Last edited:

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
hey pretty new to the minecraft scene but been enjoying this mod. but... it crashed while i was playing and i had to do a hard restart, to which the mod would not load up and would crash the game but on the crash report it would say it wouldn't know the issue. i re downloaded the mod and copied the region file to restore my world back, but lost my inventory and all my quests ect which isnt the end of the world just annoying. but then it crashed again. this time the mod loads fine but upon opening the world the game crashes with the same report has any one had this or can point me into the right direction to fix?

Looks like a bug with BQ Standard. https://github.com/Funwayguy/StandardQuestingPack/issues/20 I don't know why a ConcurrentModificationException would occur, I don't see why that particular mod would need to be multi threaded.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I have one question. I have tried to use opencomputers and one of the recipes uses a diamond chip which if you look at the recipe just shows one diamond for the chip. but it does not work. I have tried editing the config to enable the diamond chip but for some reason the recipes never shows up.
Looks like its a recipe conflict. Crafting a single diamond splits it into 9 nuggets, which aren't the same as chips.

I will change the recipe from 1 Diamond = 9 Diamond Shards to 3 Diamond Nuggets = 2 Diamond Shards.

Also one other thing i noticed is if you chisel marble to the light creeper stone and then convert them to stairs and place them, if you have to break them to replace it changes it to dark creeper stairs.
This is a known issue with various stairs/slabs from Chisel. Most of the devs have moved on from the 1.7 branches unfortunately, from my understanding.