[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
This is a pretty general question but I seem to be having a problem with drops in the nether.
I have a powered spawner set up in the nether for wither skeles and originally 2 vacuum hoppers that were inserting into a ender tank & ender chest for drops/xp.
I'm using a witchery poppet as a chunkloader (why oh why no chickenchunks loader? :'() which is loading the spawner & chest and vacuum hoppers.

*edited most out - had a problem with drops stopping entering ae system after some time from a spawner in the nether
Narrowed it down, I think it's the draconic evolution grinder not killing that's the problem. Checked ae system, 28,555 bones. Load nether, head back to overworld, check ae system, gained over 200 bones in that time. Though I have no issues with the grinder in dim3 compactmachines cube but is however chunkloaded via the overworld with a dimensional anchor.

Anyone ever had issues like this before?

Oh and if we're suggesting mods is there a reason why logistics pipes is not in? I miss remote request xD

Oh oh and one teeny tiny omg how do I fix it issue
When typing into the AE terminals if you do a search (synchronised with nei) then click something in nei to view recipe etc, then type something with the letter T back in the terminal you'll see what issue occurs. Occasionally I see odd white particles as well and I find enchiridion opens. I checked the hokeys and T apparently doesn't have a conflict with anything.

Ok enough text from me for now xD

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
(why oh why no chickenchunks loader? :'()
something about free chunkloading being op in this pack was mentioned in the past (though i think u get 4 chunks chunk-loaded for free now a days from ftb utilities )

the white particles are from nei's (i dont think its a native piece of nei another mod is adding it) show me this item in nearby inventorys it can be rebound i think

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Chunks loading and unloading is a mechanic required for the game to run properly. "Free" chunkloading, while an absolutely major issue for servers, shouldn't be regarded as "op" in and of itself: if machine resources weren't an issue, all chunks would be loaded permanently anyway.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Chunks loading and unloading is a mechanic required for the game to run properly. "Free" chunkloading, while an absolutely major issue for servers, shouldn't be regarded as "op" in and of itself: if machine resources weren't an issue, all chunks would be loaded permanently anyway.
its not like the fuel costs for the chunk loader block is that expensive in this pack , at most it just pushes it back and i did not say they were always op i just said "it was mentioned before" that does not imply i said it , yes i know the chunks around the player are loaded

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind the cost of chunkloaders but to increase the chunks on the dimensional anchor, it uses a stack of coal blocks in 4 hours O.O, most certainly not something you can use early game heh

I afk'd in the nether for a couple of hours (single player game) and ended up with 1400 skulls and the draconic grinder in compact machines cube remained operational. I wonder if I put a dimensional anchor in the nether rather than use the poppet thingo and see if the grinder then keeps working.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I don't mind the cost of chunkloaders but to increase the chunks on the dimensional anchor, it uses a stack of coal blocks in 4 hours O.O, most certainly not something you can use early game heh

I afk'd in the nether for a couple of hours (single player game) and ended up with 1400 skulls and the draconic grinder in compact machines cube remained operational. I wonder if I put a dimensional anchor in the nether rather than use the poppet thingo and see if the grinder then keeps working.
have u tried using eyes of ender they last much longer i think

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
its not like the fuel costs for the chunk loader block is that expensive in this pack , at most it just pushes it back and i did not say they were always op i just said "it was mentioned before" that does not imply i said it , yes i know the chunks around the player are loaded
You misunderstood me. I wasn't directing an argument at you. I was explaining why we have chunkloading, why costs shouldn't be considered a balancing factor, and I was, at most, directing my comments to those who had "mentioned before."

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
(why oh why no chickenchunks loader? :'()
No ChickenChunks as it has issues.

I don't feel free chunkloading is an issue (I don't think folks realize you can claim and chunkload up to 50 chunks with FTB Utilities, which I need to try to correct). But at some point it needs to be balanced due to system resources and server resources, thus why the eventual cost of chunkloading above a certain limit now.

And given if machine resources weren't an issue, this pack might be twice as big as it is. =)

Unsure on this. AE2 RV3 might fix this issue, which is in the next update.

NOTE TO FOLKS
With the switch to Railcraft, Dimensional Anchors is being removed as it isn't necessary (World Anchors do close to the same thing, and are a bit more customizable with the Anchor Sentinel function.)

This has been in the plans for a while, but now is a good time to implement it :
  • Ender Pearl load time will be reduced to 30 minutes
  • A new item called the Shard of Time will give 24 hours
    • This can be purchased in the Corporate Catalog.
These are for World, Personal, and Passive Anchors in Railcraft. These are to boost above the 50 chunkloaded chunks FTB Utilities gives you via claiming.

I am also adding a new section to the Guide to explain the Chunk Loading mechanics and limits.

Last edited:

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I didn't even realise there was such a thing as the ftb utilities chunk loading hah!

It seems my grinder randomly stopping after a certain period of time has something to do with the way the poppet chunkloads... Hopefully not counting my chickens before they hatch but it seems using a dimensional anchor has fixed the problem.

Thanks for the attention Caigan xD

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't feel free chunkloading is an issue (I don't think folks realize you can claim and chunkload up to 50 chunks with FTB Utilities, which I need to try to correct). But at some point it needs to be balanced due to system resources and server resources, thus why the eventual cost of chunkloading above a certain limit now.

And given if machine resources weren't an issue, this pack might be twice as big as it is. =)

I feel like you were correcting me here except that you agreed with everything I said :p

Chunkloading is an unfortunate necessity. Ideally, if its going to be distributed on servers to keep resources sane, its best done on a per player basis, period: every player gets X chunks to work with. Once you start assigning arbitrary costs to it, (for instance, ender pearls and what not to keep them fueled), players can hypothetically overburden your server by mass-producing that fuel.

edit: I just noticed you also referenced the ender-pearl fuels ;)

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone figured out a way to automate quest turn ins via the submission station, I appear too thick to figure it out xD

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like you were correcting me here except that you agreed with everything I said
Sorry if it seemed that way! I rewrote that a few times and I think I left in some odd wording since I was looking up a few things to remind myself of the limits that were set. (I also forgot I hadn't written the FTB Guide page for chunkloading yet, oops).

players can hypothetically overburden your server by mass-producing that fuel.
True, but a server owner should probably know bout the limits they can set via forge chunkloading. (I'm pretty all mods adhere to that limit?)

Has anyone figured out a way to automate quest turn ins via the submission station, I appear too thick to figure it out xD
Depends on which quest. For the Submission Station, you basically(if I'm remembering correctly, currently don't have it loaded) select the quest with the left/right arrows on the top, then the task with the second set of arrows, then the checkmark to 'set' station to said quest, and then you can input the items/etc for it.

Reactions: Pyure

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm when I click the tick and it completes the 20, it resets back to the first quest in the list and if you leave the interface it also resets so I have to scroll a billion times to get back to the specific quest. Bummer, I guess this I will have to do manually, very tedious because I have thousands hahah

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm when I click the tick and it completes the 20, it resets back to the first quest in the list and if you leave the interface it also resets so I have to scroll a billion times to get back to the specific quest. Bummer, I guess this I will have to do manually, very tedious because I have thousands hahah
Oh, if you are doing Researchology quests, next update has a 25x quest for each of those, + SAGMill automation for a lower payout. Doesn't solve your issue for the time being, but it is addressed. =)

Kairee

Jul 29, 2019
When typing into the AE terminals if you do a search (synchronised with nei) then click something in nei to view recipe etc, then type something with the letter T back in the terminal you'll see what issue occurs. Occasionally I see odd white particles as well and I find enchiridion opens. I checked the hokeys and T apparently doesn't have a conflict with anything.

This is due to inventorytweaks. It only happens if your mouse is over an inventory, such as AE2's in-system inventory, or your own inventory, but move the mouse off of an inventory, and you can hit 't'.

You don't find it in hotkeys because it doesn't use Minecraft's control mechanism. It's linked into NEI. Kinda cheap, I know.

To avoid it:

Open your inventory
Hit Options
Hit Keybindings
Click Inventory
Remap the key for "Search For Item In Nearby Inventories" to something else like NUMPAD5.

Looking forward to AE2 RV3. I can't automate crate manufacture in AE2 in the current version because of rampant oredicting. AE2 RV3 lets you disable oredicting in recipies. Yay!

D

dakka

First post...so please be gentle...

firstly loving the modpack! Thanks a lot for all the hard work you are putting in. Just about to move to my permanent base so things are getting a lot more fun! I play with my girlfriend using a linux server i have setup on our LAN and the modpack runs like a well oiled machine!

Now an issue: I have checked the known issues doc and did not see this there. DO NOT attempt to move a compact chest with a mekanism cardboard box! I tried it on my max sized chest. Luckily due to not having used that mod before I was very nervous. Had all my ores/ingots in there. So I moved everything out and shoved some carrots in there.

The result, a default 27 slot chest with nothing inside...ouch! Not so bad since all I lost was the massive chest(and a carrot), but perhaps this is worth noting on the issues document? Or are mod related issues not meant to go on there. Either way, for those wanting to move their compact chests, better not use mekanism cardboard box. Also a dolly doesnt work on them. I am thinking its best I abandon that mod now, as I dont see a use for a chest I can't move easily. I have several in my base which I intended to move. I guess I will empty them and just leave them there.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, this post is 244 pages long and I have not read every page, just the last few. Anyways sorry for the wall of text and keep up the awesome job, seriously a fun pack to play!

EDIT: Sorry just noticed I can empty the chest, pickaxe it and it retains its size. So I can move it, just not with a cardboard box. Wish I knew that before I destroyed the max sized one I had...lol

Last edited:

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
This is due to inventorytweaks. It only happens if your mouse is over an inventory, such as AE2's in-system inventory, or your own inventory, but move the mouse off of an inventory, and you can hit 't'.

You don't find it in hotkeys because it doesn't use Minecraft's control mechanism. It's linked into NEI. Kinda cheap, I know.

To avoid it:

Open your inventory
Hit Options
Hit Keybindings
Click Inventory
Remap the key for "Search For Item In Nearby Inventories" to something else like NUMPAD5.

Looking forward to AE2 RV3. I can't automate crate manufacture in AE2 in the current version because of rampant oredicting. AE2 RV3 lets you disable oredicting in recipies. Yay!

omg omg going to try this soon and will love you forever if it fixes it <3

edit: tytyty for explaining where it was, works now :D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
DO NOT attempt to move a compact chest with a mekanism cardboard box!
The cardboard box seems to have odd issues here and there, depending on how another mod handles storing its contents.

This is a known issue to the Compact Storage dev but apparently he was unable to get a good solution for it (or stopped working on the 1.7 version of the mod since then)

I've added the Compact Chest to the CardboardBox Blacklist to prevent this in the future.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
The cardboard box seems to have odd issues here and there, depending on how another mod handles storing its contents.

This is a known issue to the Compact Storage dev but apparently he was unable to get a good solution for it (or stopped working on the 1.7 version of the mod since then)

I've added the Compact Chest to the CardboardBox Blacklist to prevent this in the future.
wait JABBA dollys don't work?

sent from a phone using tapatalk.