[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

S

Simikao

Just wanted to ask, is it intended that you cannot make magical wood tools from Tinker's construct? Because there are all statistics set and models but cannot craft it. Also since I'm at that I wanted to make sure that rare additional modifier upon leveling up your tool (IguanaTweaks I suppose) is also intended, I mean, often when you level up your tool nothing happens apart the fact that you get notification about that

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to ask, is it intended that you cannot make magical wood tools from Tinker's construct?
Yes, this has been disabled.

EDIT : This is because I could not remove the special attribute of all Magical Wood parts adding +8 modifiers, which can easily be worked around and then parts switched out for more useful ones.

Also since I'm at that I wanted to make sure that rare additional modifier upon leveling up your tool (IguanaTweaks I suppose) is also intended
Bonus modifiers and random upgrades are spread out over 100 tool levels. They are more densely clustered in earlier levels.

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
Friends & family have been playing this and I have been reading the thread since the latest update and most questions I had were answered.

With regards to the reputation reset, mine is written 0 and under the /scoreboard it says I have no score but yet Penultimate research is completed tasks of 3/4 but if you look at the video you'll see my rep says 0, some communication issue somewhere?

screen of tasks complete
720b66b670c241589559d2dc42afed1e.png

video

edit: confirmed, although it says 0, once i completed the last 26 rep for shop loyalty it further unlocked

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
With regards to the reputation reset, mine is written 0 and under the /scoreboard it says I have no score but yet Penultimate research is completed tasks of 3/4 but if you look at the video you'll see my rep says 0, some communication issue somewhere?
I'm thinking part of this might be due to an issue with how BQ is handling scoreboard objective naming.

I'm looking into and working on the issue on my end for the next update, but for now you can get around the quest with the following command :

/bq_admin complete 84 [playername]

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
What I mean is that I think I still have an actual score even though it's not displaying. Or once you reach a required amount for a task is it then logged and remain even if the rep resets for whatever reason?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
What I mean is that I think I still have an actual score even though it's not displaying. Or once you reach a required amount for a task is it then logged and remain even if the rep resets for whatever reason?
Hm that's odd.

The second part is normal for how tasks work (Think of the scoreboard value like an item in another quest. Once you've completed the task, it's completed)

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
I think the latter is correct, it just happened to meet conditions and reset sometime after that, curious shop loyalty is still counting.

R

rlk

I can't figure out what causes this. The ? and stuff are supposed to be Minecraft code characters to show color/bold/italics text, but for some people it breaks, and others it does not.

Could you let me know OS, resource pack, language, etc you are using? I'm trying to figure out the common cause of this to submit it as a bug report to the mod dev.

I had the same issue and did some digging. It's incompatible encodings when writing/reading the quest JSON files. Your default encoding is something like ISO8859-1 or Windows-1251, so the files in the modpack use that, but the people who see mangled text are using UTF-8.

I've filed an issue on it: https://github.com/Funwayguy/BetterQuesting/issues/68

Anonymous Badger

Jul 29, 2019
Reporting the information requested for the quest book displaying odd characters instead of colored text:

• OS Locale settings: en_US.utf8
  • Minecraft language settings: English (US) [Force Unicode font off or on does not make any difference]
  • Tried with pack downloaded and run from both Feed the Beast Launcher and Mine Your Mind Launcher
  • Resource packs tried: MYM Launcher: Unity-Complete-1.1.0 FTB Launcher: Default
  • MYM Launcher: Multiplayer and SIngleplayer FTB Launcher: SIngle Player

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Reporting the information requested for the quest book displaying odd characters instead of colored text:

• OS Locale settings: en_US.utf8
  • Minecraft language settings: English (US) [Force Unicode font off or on does not make any difference]
  • Tried with pack downloaded and run from both Feed the Beast Launcher and Mine Your Mind Launcher
  • Resource packs tried: MYM Launcher: Unity-Complete-1.1.0 FTB Launcher: Default
  • MYM Launcher: Multiplayer and SIngleplayer FTB Launcher: SIngle Player
known issue. Might be fixed when pack updates to 0.2.1
(Modpack Contributor)

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the cause of this issue may have been located. Waiting on dev response, it will require an update to the mod itself though, so the fix wont' be in until the next update.

Thank you to everyone who submitted system specs.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue and did some digging. It's incompatible encodings when writing/reading the quest JSON files. Your default encoding is something like ISO8859-1 or Windows-1251, so the files in the modpack use that, but the people who see mangled text are using UTF-8.
This is super odd. This comment wasn't here earlier, and it pinged in my inbox hours after Anonymous Badger's post. Either I'm blind or something went odd.

Thank you though for helping to figure this out!

Has anyone else had a crash when using the omnitool from matter on ender tanks?
I will look into it, adding it to Trello to investigate.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing this pack again after a long break. I've started a new world in 0.2.0.

First, let me warn anyone that spectre key and compact machines do not play nicely together. It appears that they both operate by using the same 'last visited dimension' field on the player. I entered my spectre room using the key, then placed a compact machine and upgraded it with a nether star so it could keep its contents if moved. I entered the compact machine with the shrinking device, placed some stuff, then exited the machine with the shrinking device.

So far, so good. But then when I used the key to exit the spectre room, it instead put me back inside the machine. And since compact machine views methods of moving in/out of them with anything other than the shrinking device as cheating, it slaps you with a withering effect that was strong enough to kill me from full health (this can be disabled via config).

It looks like the issue is known and tracked on both Random Things and Compact machines, but I thought I'd make it known here. I think I've figured out a work-around: use the spectre key to enter the dimension for the first time, then make warp book pages to go in and out of the spectre dimension. Spectre key tends to be a little buggy anyway, causing you to fall through blocks when exiting the dimension.

I'm not familiar with the better questing mod and maybe I've overlooked it somewhere, but I can't find a way to view my shop loyalty/trader/job reputation. And I believe that the draconic stuff can eventually be unlocked through reputation, but any hints as to which unlocks it? A combination of all three?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
it slaps you with a withering effect that was strong enough to kill me from full health (this can be disabled via config)
Ah I should probably disable that effect then, at least.

but I can't find a way to view my shop loyalty/trader/job reputation.
You can use /scoreboard players list playername to get your current values.

I will be adding quests so that you can see your current values in the book itself.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply. I just saw another small thing while opening loot bags: the ExU bags C7 C8 and C9 have no texture.

R

rlk

This is super odd. This comment wasn't here earlier, and it pinged in my inbox hours after Anonymous Badger's post. Either I'm blind or something went odd.

Thank you though for helping to figure this out!

My post got held for moderation because it was my first one on the forum, and I included a link. And no problem.

FYI, For people on Linux single player, you can fix up the quest data in existing worlds this way:

1. Open a terminal and navigate to your save directory.
2. Run the following commands:

cp QuestDatabase.json QuestDatabase.json.backup
sed -i.backup2 -Ee 's/\xef\xbf\xbd/\xc2\xa7/g' QuestDatabase.json

If anyone's having this problem on MacOS, I think you can do the same thing, except the second line should be:

sed -i .backup2 -Ee 's/\xef\xbf\xbd/\xc2\xa7/g' QuestDatabase.json

Note the one space difference. Please be aware that I haven't tested this one!

I'd imagine you can do the same in multiplayer, but I don't know where the file that you need to edit is offhand.

Also, if you do the "quest tablet firmware update" quest, it'll undo the fix.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
I had a couple of crashes tonight. It looks like both were caused by the better questing mod.
http://pastebin.com/KxNbYDFz

I've also had an intermittent issue with the "quest updated" overlay that appears. Sometimes instead of showing the quest update message, it completely blacks out the screen for a few seconds.

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
The black screen thing, haven't by any chance used the book to "check status" of rf submission? I think that's what caused it on mine, now I leave it alone until I claim

M

mackie419

Ah I should probably disable that effect then, at least.

You can use /scoreboard players list playername to get your current values.

I will be adding quests so that you can see your current values in the book itself.

I was wondering how I enable it for all my users to access as I am not running any permission plugins on my server