[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
@mackie419 For now, outside of the cheat enabled /scoreboard command they will have to rely on getting their shop loyalty to 250 to attain the iron exchange rate, which will open the 'special research' tab, further allowing them to check their 3 reputation states from within the questbook.

@the_void__ I had the same problem with virtually identical crash logs. The issue has been presented by some ferrets at the BQ GitHub- https://github.com/Funwayguy/StandardQuestingPack/issues/20
Eventually I had to revert to an old save (but still post-issue) in order to load the world. What seemed to get me around the crash was not only to attain the 250 shop loyalty noted above to view the Draconic line but to progress all 3 reputations to the point of opening the initial line. My CTD's ceased at that point. We tried so many things this might have been mere coincidence however. Although it kind of makes sense if BQ was inappropriately polling itself (expecting censorship here).

Other things happening at the same time:
  • We experienced a 4.8 earthquake
  • Marginally increased sunspot activity during the time in question
  • There has yet to be another full moon since the issue started
Barring your ability to mimic the geophysical states above and with no resolution yet from GitHub, I think I would strive to get to that iron exchange rate and open progression into the Draconic line (which is what we really want anyways right).

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I was wondering how I enable it for all my users to access as I am not running any permission plugins on my server
/scoreboard players list @a
this command will probably show the scoreboard to all players online (idk if will show everyones at the same time or just everyone there own entry on the scoreboard ) apparently instead of @a you should type in * instead of it because it apparently targets every scoreboard entry by default (vanilla thing)

L

Listone

I can't give any collored coal, stone and brick at Decorate and collect quest. it says any of this item but only accepts white collored block of coal, yellow collored stone and green collored brick. and at the reddem silver shop token in the description say "you will receive 1 shop loyalty" but gives 10. I'm happy to help :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I had a couple of crashes tonight. It looks like both were caused by the better questing mod.
http://pastebin.com/KxNbYDFz
Ah, known issue TheBlueTroll and others have reported to the dev.

I've also had an intermittent issue with the "quest updated" overlay that appears. Sometimes instead of showing the quest update message, it completely blacks out the screen for a few seconds.
This might be related to the RF submission bug.

I was wondering how I enable it for all my users to access as I am not running any permission plugins on my server
Oh, its not visible to all players? I'll be adding tracking quests for it in the next update, otherwise I'm not sure if you can without a permissions plugin.

I can't give any collored coal, stone and brick at Decorate and collect quest. it says any of this item but only accepts white collored block of coal, yellow collored stone and green collored brick. and at the reddem silver shop token in the description say "you will receive 1 shop loyalty" but gives 10. I'm happy to help
Added all these to Trello! =)

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
I can't give any collored coal, stone and brick at Decorate and collect quest. it says any of this item but only accepts white collored block of coal, yellow collored stone and green collored brick. and at the reddem silver shop token in the description say "you will receive 1 shop loyalty" but gives 10. I'm happy to help :)

I noticed a trick with this, when you click on it, it shows an nei recipe, make that specific one and it works xD

Also some of the quests require you have all the items in inventory at once like the inventory, power & omni buffers

Reactions: Everlasting2

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am not getting job points or trader points. I just bought a green heart and got +8 shop points, but have bought other things from shop and gotten nothing.

I done the update thing in the first quest and nada. Is there a way to fix this?

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
Mine stopped working and then just a miracle it suddenly started working again when I was buying steel trader tokens. Turned in 2048 token and now i'm almost up to diamond hah

My uhh trader renown & job rep is still broke and not counting, as long as it isn't required to further open to the awakened draconic armor I'm happy as I already unlocked the special research.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Same here... Did three exchanges of the chits followed by /scoreboard player list Scottly318 and got the message "no score for player Scottly318"

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I am not getting job points or trader points. I just bought a green heart and got +8 shop points, but have bought other things from shop and gotten nothing.
The purchases in the TFB Shop Catalogue shouldn't give Loyalty directly, but instead Tokens. I accidently left in a few reputation rewards + the reputation tracks in the HQM book. The HQM book doesn't track the correct reputation settings, and accidentally leaving them in has caused confusion. My apologies!

Mine stopped working and then just a miracle it suddenly started working again when I was buying steel trader tokens.
Same here... Did three exchanges of the chits followed by /scoreboard player list Scottly318 and got the message "no score for player Scottly318"
There are currently some issues with the scoreboard tracking, which I'm hoping I'll have fixed in the next update.

C

crusaderkv

Hey there, been playing the pack for about a good week now and have recently moved up to 3x ore processing from Mekanism. Up untill now I had no need to store the extra O2 i'm producing in the seperator, however I now produce so much overflow between mining trips etc that I would love a way to store the extra gasses.

So my question would be: are the recipes for the gas tanks disabled and removed from NEI???

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you need to store them? Most of the time people hook up the separator right to the back of the purification chamber and dump excess Hydrogen.

C

crusaderkv

Why would you need to store them? Most of the time people hook up the separator right to the back of the purification chamber and dump excess Hydrogen.
Is the reason for why a man would even ever want to store something that he has in excess really that important here? I need to store the O2 because I mine manually still and inbetween mining trips is atleast enough time for me to consider storing the excess O2 so that once I DO go mining I can make sure the ore processing is a fast as I can get thanks to the reserve buildup. also counts for the hydrogen that I use in a gas burner(and don't start on the fact that a gas burner is a net neutral production of power --> my setup doesn't run all the time, and thus a hydrogen buildup is there aswell.)

Still, thanks for the response I suppose

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So my question would be: are the recipes for the gas tanks disabled and removed from NEI???
They aren't removed, just the update to Mekanism has changed which gas tank shows the recipe, and there is NEI filtering for performance reasons.. The recipe is still valid, and the issue will be fixed in the next update.

Recipe is here, redstone dust in the corners, osmium ingots in the up, down, left, and right slots.

D

Dinoboy98

Hi! I am probably missing something basic, but I've been trying to get to the Draconic Evolution quests and cannot seem to figure it out. What are the specific requirements (what specific reputation(s), completed quests, etc.) to open the advanced research tab (which I think is where the quests are?) and am I right in thinking that is a tab in the QUEST tablet?

I am having a crash to desktop issue that sounds like what others have mentioned - the Better Questing one, and several people indicated that opening the Draconic Evolution line might help...

I'm loving this modpack, and really want to be able to continue playing.
Thanks in advance.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hey there, been playing the pack for about a good week now and have recently moved up to 3x ore processing from Mekanism. Up untill now I had no need to store the extra O2 i'm producing in the seperator, however I now produce so much overflow between mining trips etc that I would love a way to store the extra gasses.

hydrogen is still a fuel source so dumping it into the void is quite wasteful , hydrogen is also used in other recipes . there are gas tanks still but the nei culling was a bit to zealous with it this time normaly it leaves the empty one(s) behind
the gas tanks changed a bit the " gas tank" is now has basic in is name and there higher tier ones in mek now (advanced,elite,ultimate)

alternatively u could store the gas away AE style in gas storage cells from extra cells as normal(with fluid storage cells) u can store multiple types of mek gases inside one storage cell ,there is also gas import buses , gas export buses and gas storage buses(i think this last one is true)

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Well let me put it another way, I never rely on only 1 Electrolytic Separator I hook up 1 to each point I need Hydrogen or Oxygen in every single process so my processing is independent of needs for fuel or crafting. Also you should never have a lack of Hydrogen or Oxygen this way if you have upgraded the separators production and the efficienty of the machines they are directly connected too. and for mass storage I hook 2 rotary condensetrators up to a separator and store them in liquid form so they can be transported and moved around more easily.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I am probably missing something basic, but I've been trying to get to the Draconic Evolution quests and cannot seem to figure it out.

You'll need to advance in all three reputation tracks. The easiest way currently to see your progress towards unlocking the first quest is to complete the Iron Exchange Rate quest in the [FRD] section.

I'll add some sort of quest or clue to hint at unlocking these in the next update.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Well let me put it another way, I never rely on only 1 Electrolytic Separator I hook up 1 to each point I need Hydrogen or Oxygen in every single process so my processing is independent of needs for fuel or crafting. Also you should never have a lack of Hydrogen or Oxygen this way if you have upgraded the separators production and the efficienty of the machines they are directly connected too. and for mass storage I hook 2 rotary condensetrators up to a separator and store them in liquid form so they can be transported and moved around more easily.
i used to store them(mostly hydrogen) in liquid as well then extra cells updated and gas cells became a thing so it was much easier and denser storage then in a later pack update mek updated and we got much denser gas tanks , i agree definitely gotta upgrade gas efficiency on mek machines
p.s i did rely and have relied on 1 upgraded separator for h2o separation it can be done

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
p.s i did rely and have relied on 1 upgraded separator for h2o separation it can be done

Not saying it can't be done, I just think it's just easier to manage production if each input is independent so you never have to think about ratios and excess.

D

Dinoboy98

You'll need to advance in all three reputation tracks. The easiest way currently to see your progress towards unlocking the first quest is to complete the Iron Exchange Rate quest in the [FRD] section.

I'll add some sort of quest or clue to hint at unlocking these in the next update.

Thanks for the quick reply Caigan! I figured it had to do with reputation but I have Job Rep 5081, Trader Renown 219, and Shop Loyalty 352. How much do I need?