[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Replaced the files and it doesn't crash!
- The server starts the boot sequence and just... kind of stops loading?

"
24.08 08:45:35 [Server] Netty IO #1/INFO [MobiusCore]: Successful injection in a (Lio/netty/channel/ChannelHandlerContext;Lft;Lio/netty/buffer/ByteBuf;)V
24.08 08:45:35 [Server] Netty IO #1/INFO [MobiusCore]: [MobiusCore] Found net.minecraft.util.MessageSerializer [ fa ] with checksum 6CFABFD319BD3317743170B737CA472D
24.08 08:45:35 [Server] Netty IO #1/INFO [MobiusCore]: Successful injection in decode (Lio/netty/channel/ChannelHandlerContext;Lio/netty/buffer/ByteBuf;Ljava/util/List;)V"

Those are the final lines it did; been at it for over 4 minutes now (forcibly shut it down the previous time)
Could you get me a full log of the server startup?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Here you go.
It looks like your level.dat got corrupted.

Did you close the server or have it crash unexpectedly (so that it didn't go through its normal save routine) ?

I'd go into your /ftbutil-backups/ folder and grab the level.dat out of one of your backups, replacing the one in your /world/ folder.

S

sn1p3rk1ll3

It looks like your level.dat got corrupted.

Did you close the server or have it crash unexpectedly (so that it didn't go through its normal save routine) ?

I'd go into your /ftbutil-backups/ folder and grab the level.dat out of one of your backups, replacing the one in your /world/ folder.

It worked!
You're the best! (but you should know that by now)

Bahmi

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, it looks like part of your world is corrupted. Were you walking towards your base, or elsewhere? (unexplored land, or previously explored land)

If reverting to older backups isn't working, you will either need to prune your world via MCEdit, or start a new world.

I will try MCEdit.
It is previously explored land where I didn't build anything, just collected some stuff.
Thanks a lot for your help and work.

M

Modman21

Sorry to be one of 'those guys', but I've been playing this pack and another for a while, and I've got really into a mod called Nuclearcraft, which, personally, I feel is the best reactor mod out there for 1.7.10, especially with some of the recent changes to the mechanics of the reactors and the fuels. Is there a possibility we could see it in this pack?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a possibility we could see it in this pack?
There still is a possibility yes. Part of Matter Overdrive's place in the pack is the power generation option it provides, so if I do decide to remove it, I will need to replace it with something, which NuclearCraft might work for.

Again, heavily on the 'if' part.

S

sn1p3rk1ll3

This may have been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer for it.
- Is there a way to automate the quests for the creepy flesh (Researchology quest line)?

I have tens of thousands of them and using the book to keep clicking submit and claim is starting to become quite annoying :D

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Currently there is not, at least not in a repeatable way. I will look into how to do this best.
pack 4 creepy flesh together and then have it " teleport-ed to corporate"(sagmilled) which outputs coins and job title tokens

however automating it this much causes a more of a fundamental change because then a player could purely do the researchollgy tab for all the job req they need for unlocks (currently just de ) if this is not what u want caigan ,then the easy cull to that is simply making it so that these crates of creepy flesh don't yeild job title

same logic can be applied to all research items

greenowl77

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, I am having some trouble with the twilight forest progression in this mod pack. (I am probably just doing something wrong) So I killed the naga and then the lich, but no matter what I do I cannot enter the swamp... Checked the achievements and everything is good except the one which says to use the scepter to get rid of mosquitos... but using the scepter does nothing to get rid of them, and I still get hunger. Maybe someone can help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

A

Andrew Alfton

Hello!

I like to report a gameplay bug. I did a quick google search but I didn't find anyone reporting this.

The version of modpack is v0.2.0 (the current version).

Using an Unfilled Shipping Crate 7261:67 (Mod: Ferret Shinies) with Framing Saw 4849 (Mod: Bibliocraft) will not consume the Saw. It will create Goods Supply Crate - 500 FMC 7262:4 per Shipping Crate while leaving the Saw in the crafting space, resulting in potentially unlimited FMC:500 crates as long as empty crates are supplied.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hey all, I am having some trouble with the twilight forest progression in this mod pack. (I am probably just doing something wrong) So I killed the naga and then the lich, but no matter what I do I cannot enter the swamp... Checked the achievements and everything is good except the one which says to use the scepter to get rid of mosquitos... but using the scepter does nothing to get rid of them, and I still get hunger. Maybe someone can help me figure out what I am doing wrong.
drop the scepter on the ground and pick it up again . u hit the old flaw of grabbing the scepter("Special item") before the skull trophy so the scepter achievement did not register

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
0.2.1 UPDATE....UPDATE?

My apologies for not being around much since Friday (other than in the Discord, very spottily at that). Been sick, whatever cold/flu bug that's been going around finally hit me full on and it hasn't been fun.

Now then, I'm slooowly starting to work properly on the next update.

The biggest and main things I want folks to note is :

There is a decent chance I will be removing Matter Overdrive in the next update :
The big reason is there is a growing list of issues that will NOT be fixed in the 1.7 branch of the mod. These include memory leaks, random crash bugs, and a pretty serious issue that can crop up on servers (entity position error for Plasma Bolts, which are hard to get rid of and can seriously spam server logs as they multiply. If you think Aura Cascade's snooper spam is bad, this can get so much worse. And unlike the AC console spam issue, disabling a single option won't fix it).

I am still looking deeper into all these issues. If I do remove it, I WILL be replacing it with another fairly large mod.

And yes it will probably be the OTHER mod that has been highly requested here.​

Other things :
  • My GOAL will be 100 new quests. The more LIKELY number will be around 30-50 new quests.
  • Many more mods will be FMC Valued.
  • Many new things to purchase in the shop.
  • Some other goodies I'll keep secret for now!

Caigan... can you put some gun mod? the guns of this mod is the only cool thing for me... i get some crash on the duplication system.. and i give up...

A

angyalalex

Ok i search and try to find if somebody ist already put up this question, so sorry but:
I get some high value item and i converted to 200K FMC Goods Supply Crate (i am verrry early in the mode pack).
My question is: how can i ship them? (SAG Mill dont work)

Goods Supply Crate.jpg

S

sn1p3rk1ll3

Ok i search and try to find if somebody ist already put up this question, so sorry but:
I get some high value item and i converted to 200K FMC Goods Supply Crate (i am verrry early in the mode pack).
My question is: how can i ship them? (SAG Mill dont work)

View attachment 29412

Two pages back:

sn1p3rk1ll3 said:
Hi, I seem to have made some 200,000FMC crates and can't figure out how to turn them to coins...
-they don't go in the sag mill, I can't put them in the alloy smelter, can't turn them into 100k crates, ...

Caigan said:
Hm, odd. Looks like I accidently removed the recipes to break it down to 100k crates, and forgot to transfer over the 200k quest entry in the HQM(I remember why now : this is due to having to revert to an older HQM file due to save file issues).

I'm not sure why I never added the SAGMill automation for it either, my apologies. For now, you'll have to replace it yourself via NEI with 100k crates.

Reactions: Everlasting2
A

angyalalex

Yea i feel it somebody ist already put up this question i try to search it (i use "200000 FMC" and "200,000 FMC" whit space).
Anyway thx the point to the answer.

S

Simikao

Hai,
I wanted to create a server to play with small group of friends, I've always been using already prepared server files for mod packs, however, this time, I cannot find anything for this one and when I tried to work around it I kept encountering various difficulties. My question is, is there any way of setting it up easily?