[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Feature : use rftools dims to get draconium dust
Anyways it is a bug. Just wanting the let @Caigan know...

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Feature : use rftools dims to get draconium dust
Anyways it is a bug. Just wanting the let @Caigan know...

which costs a t6 rarity dimlet which is insanely rare(1/1m ish last i checked) even then if u had that much draconium it has 0 usages alone because all applications need draconic cores as well which has 1 non command/nei cheat mode , source the quest book
------------------------
now then the topic i was going to discuss apparently if u try to crate something in the me crafting terminal it works fine even shift click seems fine (might need to empty your own inventory space to prevent loss maybe )with an empty inventory when shift clicking output of the recipe in the terminal it looks like all the parts where put into my inventory after just like doing it in the 2x2 crafting grid that is on the player inventory gui

a side note to anyone that trys killing the revied ender dragon from draconic evolution u cant nullify the knock-back with the botania tectonic girdle bauble , u get knock-backed anyways
p.s nether star block has no fmc value (crafted from a 3x3 of nether stars "standard material block recipe")

Last edited:

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
The Compact Machine maximum size (no 1538:5) has an FMC value of 630k, however it can't be packaged, there's simply no recipe for it.

upload_2016-8-21_13-24-1.png
missing texture

Got a Malisis Doors Blind Bag Series G 1, it doesn't open.

Sorry for posting so many small messages, is there a more appropriate place to report bugs and oddities?

At any rate, "Colored Redstone Block (Purple Frequency) 1718:10" has an FMC value, but can't be crated.

Edit 1
"Carpenters Blocks Blind Bag Series C 2" also doesn't work

Last edited by a moderator:

VaporStrike

Jul 29, 2019
@TheLogan In the future, try to edit your original comment with the extra information instead of posting multuple comments in a row. It helps to reduce spam and also keeps the topic from being longer than it needs to be.

EDIT: Looks like a moderator cleaned it up for ya this time.

Last edited:
T

tobira

Is there any way yet to get inscriber plates from Applied Energistics? I guess not, because the quest lines for this mod are WIP, but I've seen several let's play with ME Systems. Did they all cheat their plates in?

Enepttastic

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way yet to get inscriber plates from Applied Energistics? I guess not, because the quest lines for this mod are WIP, but I've seen several let's play with ME Systems. Did they all cheat their plates in?

From my understanding of AE, it adds meteorites made of skystone into the world gen. Inside each one is a chest that'll have one or more plates. Said meteors can be surface level or buried.

That aside, is EVERY open quest(including non-RF quests) showing up in the RF Submission part of its currently buggy nature or just an annoying UI issue?

Reactions: An0nymuS
T

tobira

From my understanding of AE, it adds meteorites made of skystone into the world gen. Inside each one is a chest that'll have one or more plates. Said meteors can be surface level or buried.

That aside, is EVERY open quest(including non-RF quests) showing up in the RF Submission part of its currently buggy nature or just an annoying UI issue?

Oh yes, I wasn't using my brain. Of course you're right, I went on a hunt to find meteorites, and found what I needed. Thank you!

T

Thirtyeight

I tried running this modpack through Curse, still didn't fix the issue with text.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
I'll condense it into a single post next time :)
A question though. Would I be able to implement railcraft on my own fairly easily or will that likely cause everything else to break?
The reason is that my factory/farm has a problem that I could easily solve through railcraft.
I'm trying to move potatoes from the harvesters into a central part where they are packaged and shipped off to the exporting area.

The actual transportation is faulty though and has been since I started. When I first started, I used extra utilities transfer pipes, but they got clogged and confused as the network grew.

Then I went over to ordinary minecarts, that sometimes just stopped mid track, then I tried steves carts, but my unloaders would unload the fuel as well which would again clog the system.

Then solar cells, which made the carts stop in the underground sections ...

Finally I went with thermal engines and lo and behold the carts have been running ever since .. only they were all full with potatoes and only got to unload a single stack or two before they had passed the cargo dropoff rail.

So I set up advanced detector rails and cargo managers, this is my current "solution", now what happens is that the front cart will stop on the first one drop of a few potatoes, be pushed to the second ADR, and then to the third one.
So the front cart won't have time to drop very many stacks, the second cart too won't have much time to drop stacks, but the last cart will be empty most of the time.
the "solution" isn't scalable, since it only has the efficiency of 1 cart + a tiny amount per extra cart. Now if I could get ahold of the delicious switchtracks from railcraft I could oscilate my carts onto different unloading paths, which should finally solve the problem entirely, but other than that, I'm at a total loss as to how I could possibly fix this conundrum.

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
I tried running this modpack through Curse, still didn't fix the issue with text.
Dear @Thirtyeight, after looking thru the last idk how many pages, the best answer i got is, its a bug with the BetterQuesting book (also known as the Q.U.E.S.T Tablet), and we are looking into it, otherwise heres a quote of caigan

I can't figure out what causes this. The ? and stuff are supposed to be Minecraft code characters to show color/bold/italics text, but for some people it breaks, and others it does not.

Could you let me know OS, resource pack, language, etc you are using? I'm trying to figure out the common cause of this to submit it as a bug report to the mod dev.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I'll condense it into a single post next time :)
A question though. Would I be able to implement railcraft on my own fairly easily or will that likely cause everything else to break?
The reason is that my factory/farm has a problem that I could easily solve through railcraft.
I'm trying to move potatoes from the harvesters into a central part where they are packaged and shipped off to the exporting area.

The actual transportation is faulty though and has been since I started. When I first started, I used extra utilities transfer pipes, but they got clogged and confused as the network grew.

Then I went over to ordinary minecarts, that sometimes just stopped mid track, then I tried steves carts, but my unloaders would unload the fuel as well which would again clog the system.

Then solar cells, which made the carts stop in the underground sections ...

Finally I went with thermal engines and lo and behold the carts have been running ever since .. only they were all full with potatoes and only got to unload a single stack or two before they had passed the cargo dropoff rail.

So I set up advanced detector rails and cargo managers, this is my current "solution", now what happens is that the front cart will stop on the first one drop of a few potatoes, be pushed to the second ADR, and then to the third one.
So the front cart won't have time to drop very many stacks, the second cart too won't have much time to drop stacks, but the last cart will be empty most of the time.
the "solution" isn't scalable, since it only has the efficiency of 1 cart + a tiny amount per extra cart. Now if I could get ahold of the delicious switchtracks from railcraft I could oscilate my carts onto different unloading paths, which should finally solve the problem entirely, but other than that, I'm at a total loss as to how I could possibly fix this conundrum.
have u tried ender io conduits they can be instructed easily to only extract or insert into certain blocks/sides , then theres the thermal dynamics way of using a retriever that trys to pull all potatoes to it(white list filtered potato) it will try to pull any potatoes from any of the blocks of the item ducts types that are connected to it . However having said that if u still have the extra ultilties pipes in place ,place a retrieval item node on where the potatoes are supposed to go and add a filter for potatoes so it will pull all the potatoes from any block that the pipes are connected to it

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you.
I had ripped up all the transfer pipes and all that when I put down the tracks.
This time around I just placed the transferpipes above the fields.. couldn't be bothered to route them neatly underground either xD
But it works now that I've hooked them up with retriever pipes, also set up a few buffers along the way so it doesn't get so messy what with them having to search the entire network. Cheers :)

Reactions: Everlasting2

Bahmi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. First thanks again for spending your time on this modpack. I think it is the best out there. Didn't play another one since this is out.

1. Is it possible already to combine crates worth less than 1000 fmc (the open ones) or sell 5 fmc things otherwise automated?

2. Is the Ferret workbench automatable or is there a automatable 9x9 alternative?

3. I would like to see a way to get buildings as rewards for lots of vouchers. I don't know if it would be possible some day by bc blueprints and builder or something else.

Thanks

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. First thanks again for spending your time on this modpack. I think it is the best out there. Didn't play another one since this is out.

1. Is it possible already to combine crates worth less than 1000 fmc (the open ones) or sell 5 fmc things otherwise automated?

2. Is the Ferret workbench automatable or is there a automatable 9x9 alternative?

3. I would like to see a way to get buildings as rewards for lots of vouchers. I don't know if it would be possible some day by bc blueprints and builder or something else.

Thanks

1. Nope
2. Regular crafting tables works
3. That i am not sure.
Enjoy your day :)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
If you do want to reward buildings, I suggest looking at the mod called Capsule.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

S

StrommKral

So, restarted this in 2.0 (server) and cannot find tin or copper. have done strip mining under spawn with no luck, only gold, iron & coal. Tried different mining levels, from the ore gen info in the book, and still no luck. FYI Pick and Hammer now Legendary...... and they are only stone.
any suggestions?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm trying to do the Crystal Growth task, but the book won't accept my Rough Sand Shard, and nor will the OSS
A lot of the quests require you to have all the items in a task to complete it, unfortunately. I will be fixing this next update.

for some reason i cant use the ferret workbench idk if theres is a certain recipe for inserting the contracts but i cant figure it out, and also cant figure out how to use or where to find the shop to get draconic weapons and armour. any help on this would be very appreciated by myself and friends who have been stuck trying to figure it out
Can you show me a screenshot of what you are trying for a certain contract? Remember that you can't stack items, its like a large crafting table. Each contract has a list of items you put into the table.

As for Draconic Evolution quests, you need to have a certain amount of all three reputation lines in the Better Questing questbook to be able to do them.

ok so the draconic evolution is from questing? it just confused me cause when i hover over a draconic item it says can only be purchased from shop. but thanks for the information
Oh, I need to update those tooltips, sorry for the confusion!

Hi, I seem to have made some 200,000FMC crates and can't figure out how to turn them to coins...
-they don't go in the sag mill, I can't put them in the alloy smelter, can't turn them into 100k crates, ...
Hm, odd. Looks like I accidently removed the recipes to break it down to 100k crates, and forgot to transfer over the 200k quest entry in the HQM(I remember why now : this is due to having to revert to an older HQM file due to save file issues).

I'm not sure why I never added the SAGMill automation for it either, my apologies. For now, you'll have to replace it yourself via NEI with 100k crates.

p.s nether star block has no fmc value (crafted from a 3x3 of nether stars "standard material block recipe")
Added to Trello

I'm not sure, honestly.

The Compact Machine maximum size (no 1538:5) has an FMC value of 630k, however it can't be packaged, there's simply no recipe for it.

Got a Malisis Doors Blind Bag Series G 1, it doesn't open.

Sorry for posting so many small messages, is there a more appropriate place to report bugs and oddities?

At any rate, "Colored Redstone Block (Purple Frequency) 1718:10" has an FMC value, but can't be crated.

Edit 1
"Carpenters Blocks Blind Bag Series C 2" also doesn't work

Some of these are known, some of these are new issues. Added to Trello

UI issue the dev might add a filter for later.

All sub-1000 crates are considered crateable like a normal item. (Meaning you need to combine them with an empty supply crate and other cratable items)

Not currently.

If you do want to reward buildings, I suggest looking at the mod called Capsule.
This is an interesting idea I will look into.

So, restarted this in 2.0 (server) and cannot find tin or copper. have done strip mining under spawn with no luck, only gold, iron & coal. Tried different mining levels, from the ore gen info in the book, and still no luck.
This is odd, as I've just tested locally with a fresh world and had no issue finding tin or copper.

My suggestion is either make sure you are using the right configs and restarting the world, or going into the config/cofh/core/ folder and opening common.cfg and setting B:RetroactiveOreGeneration to true.

Start the server back up and explore again.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
0.2.1 UPDATE....UPDATE?

My apologies for not being around much since Friday (other than in the Discord, very spottily at that). Been sick, whatever cold/flu bug that's been going around finally hit me full on and it hasn't been fun.

Now then, I'm slooowly starting to work properly on the next update.

The biggest and main things I want folks to note is :

There is a decent chance I will be removing Matter Overdrive in the next update :
The big reason is there is a growing list of issues that will NOT be fixed in the 1.7 branch of the mod. These include memory leaks, random crash bugs, and a pretty serious issue that can crop up on servers (entity position error for Plasma Bolts, which are hard to get rid of and can seriously spam server logs as they multiply. If you think Aura Cascade's snooper spam is bad, this can get so much worse. And unlike the AC console spam issue, disabling a single option won't fix it).

I am still looking deeper into all these issues. If I do remove it, I WILL be replacing it with another fairly large mod.

And yes it will probably be the OTHER mod that has been highly requested here.​

Other things :
  • My GOAL will be 100 new quests. The more LIKELY number will be around 30-50 new quests.
  • Many more mods will be FMC Valued.
  • Many new things to purchase in the shop.
  • Some other goodies I'll keep secret for now!

Last edited:
Z

Zoriac

There is a decent chance I will be removing Matter Overdrive in the next update

I'm currently running version 0.1.4, and likely have some Matter Overdrive blocks in my world. Does this mean I will need to start a whole new world when I update to 0.2.1? Or will I be able to update with no issue?