[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
A small heads up for those using Mek machines: before the update, all my Electrolytic Separators were set to "Dump Excess"; after the update, they all went to "Dumping". I doubt the pack itself is to blame, might just be the update to Mek v9 - just make sure to check the machines in your world. ;)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
im not sure if its fixed in 1.4 update but i cant seem to vein mine with the healing axe even though when i use it normaly it tears through wood like its butter
Added to the Trello.

For better or for worse? :p I'm loving the convenience of Dimensional Anchors and (hopefully) reduced fuel costs
Well, probably reducing the 'mundane' items that can be used to Blocks of Coal (10 minutes), Eyes of Ender (30 minutes), or a shop purchased 'Dimensional Fuel' which would last an hour each(These are just rough guestimates). It was my original plan, but I set it aside as other things needed working on and I never really got back around to it.

A small heads up for those using Mek machines: before the update, all my Electrolytic Separators were set to "Dump Excess"; after the update, they all went to "Dumping". I doubt the pack itself is to blame, might just be the update to Mek v9 - just make sure to check the machines in your world. ;)
Probably another thing to blame for updating from Mek v8 to Mek v9 in existing worlds. =)

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Well, probably reducing the 'mundane' items that can be used to Blocks of Coal (10 minutes), Eyes of Ender (30 minutes), or a shop purchased 'Dimensional Fuel' which would last an hour each(These are just rough guestimates). It was my original plan, but I set it aside as other things needed working on and I never really got back around to it.

I hope it isn't going to be too difficult to get fuel, I don't want to end up having to create a complicated system to provide fuel to chunkload another complicated system. (Still bashing my head against fusion reactors)

In my last world I got 2 endermen spawners out of some dungeons with the diamond dolly, and 2 blaze spawner. together(eye of ender) undying anchors xD

Undying Anchors? I've never seen those before, are they like unlimited chunkloaders? :D

Only issue I've had is all my machine input/output sides being reset, I don't think my Electrolytic Seperators got any changes to their dump or idle settings though.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Undying Anchors? I've never seen those before, are they like unlimited chunkloaders?
probably more so a reference to them always being fueled
------------------------------
a shame we only get 2 or 3 chunks of free chunkloading with ftb ultilies , when a blood altar needs 4 (loading part of one is a bad idea)

a different note encouraging people to cram chunks full of stuff is a bad idea for performance

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
a shame we only get 2 or 3 chunks of free chunkloading with ftb ultilies , when a blood altar needs 4 (loading part of one is a bad idea)

a different note encouraging people to cram chunks full of stuff is a bad idea for performance
Encouraging them to chunkload everything is a bad idea for performance as well.

I think that a middle ground of 4 chunks would be good. Enough to hold a blood altar and have a bit of wiggle room.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Encouraging them to chunkload everything is a bad idea for performance as well.

I think that a middle ground of 4 chunks would be good. Enough to hold a blood altar and have a bit of wiggle room.
Still hoping the Dimensional Anchors won't be too difficult to run, I have my current base spread out in a 5x5 chunk area run by an anchor and I don't want to have to struggle with fuel for that too.

On another note, I've somehow duplicated my Rapier using the Toolbox, although I couldn't replicate it (the glitch)afterwards. I've checked and they were both real copies. (Droppable, Chargeable, Movable)

2016-07-05_23.55.24.png
Step one for world domination with unlimited weaponry

Last edited:
B

busboybud

I'm unable to get past the HQM error.

I run a private server of the modpack and I wiped the HQM data as I kept getting the error regarding HardcoreQuesting after I updated from 1.3 to 1.4. When I re-enable HQM, I also did edit so I could give everyone back their appropriate progression in the Quest tablet. When I stopped the server gracefully, we were not able to bring it back up due to the same error.

I've done a little bit of troubleshooting and noticed when I am the only person on the server and making edits, it is not a problem. I am able to restart the server. As soon as another player joins and starts editing their quest book, the next server start will fail from the same error and I have to wipe HQM again. It may also be worth noting there are players in parties. Perhaps if their progression is out of sync of each other it throws errors?

S

Samjaza

I'm unable to get past the HQM error.

I run a private server of the modpack and I wiped the HQM data as I kept getting the error regarding HardcoreQuesting after I updated from 1.3 to 1.4. When I re-enable HQM, I also did edit so I could give everyone back their appropriate progression in the Quest tablet. When I stopped the server gracefully, we were not able to bring it back up due to the same error.

I've done a little bit of troubleshooting and noticed when I am the only person on the server and making edits, it is not a problem. I am able to restart the server. As soon as another player joins and starts editing their quest book, the next server start will fail from the same error and I have to wipe HQM again. It may also be worth noting there are players in parties. Perhaps if their progression is out of sync of each other it throws errors?

its kind of the same for me, the HQM works fine in single player, but as soon as i open up the game for lan i can no longer reload the world without deleting the quest progress.
Or if i start up the lan server ingame after doing anything with the quest book it crashes with the same error as well.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
CURRENT MAJOR ISSUE AND RESOLUTION

So it with the most recent pack release, there is an issue with HQM on servers, whether they be LAN ones hosted within the client, or via the dedicated server files. No matter what, questing data will corrupt when the server is closed and restarted.

I've spent a good part of the day trying to find a fix for it, or reverting to an earlier version of HQM that I know works...unfortunately, none of it has worked. The Export/Import function doesn't work going back versions for some reason, and I did a lot of quest updates and fixes in the previous update, many of which I didn't document fully (mostly switching items around to stop the odd ore dictionary behaviour that popped up).

At this point, I have two options : revert HQM AND the quest file to the 0.1.3 version and try to implement all the fixes I did again...

Or move up the plan I had for 0.2.0, which I wanted a week break before working on at least. The other part of today was spent looking into whether this is feasible or not, due to the very problematic issues that have arisen.

And it is very feasible. It will take me the rest of the week to do, but I guess there just isn't any rest for the wicked.

dHf3ty7.png

So, the big announcement is that I will be changing the major questing mod to Better Questing.

HQM for 1.7.10 is no longer being updated. Better Questing is still being updated for not only 1.7, but 1.8 and 1.9.

HQM is a fantastic mod, but I need finer control of many things, especially when configuring quests to look for Ore Dictionary entries, etc. I also would like more breathing room when it comes to number of quests. HQM has a max quest limit of 1023 quests, and while that seems like a lot, I can EASILY eat up a good chunk of that just adding many items to the shop for people to buy.

HQM will remain in the pack, but it will be downgraded to a working version. It will be used for Reward Bags (I prefer HQM to BQ in this aspect), and will probably shift the Corporate Shop to the HQM book completely.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
HQM will remain in the pack, but it will be downgraded to a working version. It will be used for Reward Bags (I prefer HQM to BQ in this aspect), and will probably shift the Corporate Shop to the HQM book completely.
If you are doing this, you probably want to change the name of the book to "Shoping tablet" ot something

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
CURRENT MAJOR ISSUE AND RESOLUTION
-snip-
Ooh, never seen this one before. Looks like it might even be easier to navigate than the quest book in all honesty. XD
As to working overtime to finish this, if you must do so, please do take frequent breaks, don't exhaust yourself just to get us a new update a bit earlier. ;)

Reactions: Everlasting2

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
If you are doing this, you probably want to change the name of the book to "Shoping tablet" ot something
Yep yep, planning on renaming it something like "Ferret Business Corporate Catalog" or similar.

Ooh, never seen this one before. Looks like it might even be easier to navigate than the quest book in all honesty. XD
Somewhat easier to navigate as a user, WAY more to it as a pack dev. But, brings a lot more I can customize with it as well.

B

busboybud

I actually like the idea of splitting the buyables and the questables into two different books. The silver lining here perhaps!

Reactions: Everlasting2

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
2018?? that seems like a typo or very very very distant plans
There's just so much crafting :( Planning to make 3 Ultimate Induction Cells and 2 Ultimate Induction Providers, turns out the cheapest thing to make was the Ultimate Cells (non-induction ones)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
There's just so much crafting :( Planning to make 3 Ultimate Induction Cells and 2 Ultimate Induction Providers, turns out the cheapest thing to make was the Ultimate Cells (non-induction ones)
AE and u dont notice the vast ammount crafting steps(only a small crafting chain is what u notice with ae doing it) u just notice the time it takes for ae to get all the bits if u give it the lithium that has already been through a crystallizer

mine has a max intake/output of 10m rf/t and can store over 200 gigawatts (close to 1/2 of a trillion rf and i can still add more induction cells ) any peice of the multiblock can be an input side or outout side if its not part of the outside frame

Last edited: