[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

A

AwesomeGamerMC

I really like the modpack and I wish to play it! But the problem is that every time I try to get in a world it lags, the menu of it is nice and not lagging though when I first get in, but when I quit from a world it lags as well. Any ideas how to fix it?

what kind of computer do you have? laptop or desktop?

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the modpack and I wish to play it! But the problem is that every time I try to get in a world it lags, the menu of it is nice and not lagging though when I first get in, but when I quit from a world it lags as well. Any ideas how to fix it?
What do you mean by lag? Low framerate or freezing? I think it's normal to freeze at the start while the world loads but I've never had any issues with quitting.

One method I've found to help cope with both is to increase the allocated RAM (The top bar of the FTB Launcher, click options then change allocated RAM to ~4-5 GB)

S

Samjaza

I'm also getting the HQM crash
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Shall we play a game?

Time: 4/07/16 4:44 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.getTeam(QuestingData.java:731)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.getAllTeams(QuestingData.java:347)
at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.resetOnTime(Quest.java:1727)
at hardcorequesting.quests.QuestTicker.tick(QuestTicker.java:44)
at hardcorequesting.quests.QuestTicker.tick(QuestTicker.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_203_QuestTicker_tick_ServerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:260)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:536)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:186)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happens every time i try and reopen my game.
I completely removed the old TheFerretBusiness install and started a new game.
first run is fine but when i relaunch the game it crashes when trying to load the map.

If i delete the HQM quest data i can start the game and then have to do a /HQM Quest to restart questing mode,
but if i close the game it crashes the next time i try to play.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Be sure you are using latest Java, as well as have 4 to 4.5 gigs of memory allocated in the launcher (more is NOT better in this case!)
Also make sure you have the Snooper into game options disabled, as one of the mods currently can spam the console with messages which can then lag your game.

I'm also getting the HQM crash
Hm odd, this is a different crash, and one that was fixed in HQM itself a few versions ago.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but support for the 1.7.10 version of HQM has been dropped.

The next update I'm hoping to take care of a ton of these questing issues.

For now, the most I can suggest is :
  • Make sure you are on latest Java.
  • Make sure you have 4 to 4.5 gigs ram allocated
  • Try running the FTBLauncher as administrator
  • Check if some virus scanner or something is playing odd with your files

S

Samjaza

I am now getting
java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:524)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:502)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:408)
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:107)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:438)
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_789_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
When trying to load a world, i dont even close the client, i just exit to menu and when i try to reload the world i get this error.

• Make sure you are on latest Java.
  • Make sure you have 4 to 4.5 gigs ram allocated
  • Try running the FTBLauncher as administrator
  • Check if some virus scanner or something is playing odd with your files

i set the FTB launcher to 4.5GB of ram from 5GB.
I have the latest java.
I added an exception to my antivirus to the the whole FTB directory.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
When trying to load a world, i dont even close the client, i just exit to menu and when i try to reload the world i get this error.
And now that's the error for when questing progress is invalid (the usual crash when the pack is updated and you haven't deleted the HardcoreQuesting folder from the world).

I'm really not sure what is going on with your install. =(

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
The issue with the Redstone Furnace from Thermal Expansion not accepting ores is still present. I've found to trigger it when I reload the world. In order to fix it I have had to restart the minecraft client, so as for now I cannot quit and rejoin a world without restarting the client. If I find anything else I'll let you know.

Zirofal

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing no one else has brought this up and theirs a new starting book in this uppdate.
when i played on an other pack i added an other mod my self (exho inalo or something like tat) wich had an book wich was added to your inventory. wich whiped my entire inventory and added that book instead.

will this happen with this uppdate if i dont empty my inventory befhands?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
will this happen with this uppdate if i dont empty my inventory befhands?
I don't know how Ex Nihilo or anything like that handles giving players starting equipment, so I cannot say whether adding it will wipe your inventory on loading or not.

I'd load the pack with the mod, close the pack, then find the config file for it and look through it.

Zirofal

Jul 29, 2019
I just started it and it worked fine. i think?... well i did the uppdate but my quest book still got my old progress and im abit confussed about how ill reset it. i looked in the text document where the troubleshooting button in the menu took me but i couldent see any instruction. am i being stupid or?

P.S what would be some good reasource pack to go with this? :3

MnBran6

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I've seen someone mention this, but I'm getting the error where my HQM data becomes invalid every time I restart my server since updating to 0.1.4. Really annoying as I have to go through, recreate my team, and spam achievements in the book every time to continue progressing. Ideas?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I've seen someone mention this, but I'm getting the error where my HQM data becomes invalid every time I restart my server since updating to 0.1.4. Really annoying as I have to go through, recreate my team, and spam achievements in the book every time to continue progressing. Ideas?
That's not good, seems more people are starting to have this issue. I'll try to figure out what I can do to fix this issue before the big 0.2.0 update (which might take a bit of time).

If anything, I'll have to put out a 0.1.5 version at the end of this week roughly if I find an easy fix.

I just started it and it worked fine. i think?... well i did the uppdate but my quest book still got my old progress and im abit confussed about how ill reset it.
There is a section called "How to reset your HQM data".

Crazy-San

Jul 29, 2019
So just how finished or unfinished is this pack and the HQM in the pack. There are warnings all over that quest lines are not complete. Should I wait to get into this pack?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So just how finished or unfinished is this pack and the HQM in the pack. There are warnings all over that quest lines are not complete. Should I wait to get into this pack?
That's up to you. Questlines, for the most part, cover a mod from start to finish, as sort of a tutorial with a light story on how to use things. So far, the major mods that have questlines are : Botania, Thaumcraft, MineFactory Reloaded, Extra Utilities, Compact Machines, EnderIO, and a handful of smaller mods (like Bibliocraft, Decocraft, Chisel, etc)

The other main parts are mostly there(but being worked on constantly) : this being the Corporate Shop, Supply and Demand system, etc.

Zirofal

Jul 29, 2019
How safe do you think it is to add mods like ars magic 2 and ehh.. that popular space mood? can't recall its name.

I was thinking about adding them at one point when i gotten far enough into the other mods

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
If FTB Utilities are in the game now, is the Dimensional Anchor mod useless?
I forgot to configure the chunkloading FTBUtilities enables.

I was going to limit the claimed chunks you can chunkload to around 1 or 2 (from 50) and then rework the Dimensional Anchor fuel costs. That way folks can keep smaller factories chunkloaded, or if they want larger, they have to 'pay' for it.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
im not sure if its fixed in 1.4 update but i cant seem to vein mine with the healing axe even though when i use it normaly it tears through wood like its butter

D

dr4cos

For better or for worse? :p I'm loving the convenience of Dimensional Anchors and (hopefully) reduced fuel costs

In my last world I got 2 endermen spawners out of some dungeons with the diamond dolly, and 2 blaze spawner. together(eye of ender) undying anchors xD