[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Bryantom

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question about draconium ore: I've been playing this pack for a few months and I have yet to see the ore. I just unlocked the draconium book. Will the draconium ore now populate through the world?

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question about draconium ore: I've been playing this pack for a few months and I have yet to see the ore. I just unlocked the draconium book. Will the draconium ore now populate through the world?
Draconium items are only acquired through the QUEST book's shop. There is no ore

Reactions: Everlasting2

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
u will only get draconium from the quest book , a dragon kill , absurdly rare chance bag for an ingot

Reactions: Markhor

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
u will only get draconium from the quest book , a dragon kill , absurdly rare chance bag for an ingot

what are you guys talking about i found plenty of drac ores around the height 7 o_O
you are NOT supposed to find draconic ore period, you are only supposed find the ingots/dusts these ways > "u will only get draconium from the quest book , a dragon kill , absurdly rare chance bag for an ingot"
finding it in world gen would be considered a modpack bug (even when the world gen for it is normal you are not supposed to be able to find much of it in the overworld at all)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
what are you guys talking about i found plenty of drac ores around the height 7 o_O

A lot of people don't know where Draconium spawns, when I was playing FTB Infinity Evolved, I mostly found it when I took time out to drain out a lava pool below y=12. :D

It does spawn, just not where you'd expect it to! ;)

That's right, if you're not finding Draconium, you're just not looking hard enough or haven't checked using the CoFH clearblocks command in a test world to clear non-ore blocks away. ;)

It is out there, you just have to hunt for it with a fine-toothed comb! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
A lot of people don't know where Draconium spawns, when I was playing FTB Infinity Evolved, I mostly found it when I took time out to drain out a lava pool below y=12. :D

It does spawn, just not where you'd expect it to! ;)

That's right, if you're not finding Draconium, you're just not looking hard enough or haven't checked using the CoFH clearblocks command in a test world to clear non-ore blocks away. ;)

It is out there, you just have to hunt for it with a fine-toothed comb! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
by the pack configs you are not supposed to find it in world gen becuase it breaks progression somewhat(and its useless without the progression even then it still breaks progression)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
by the pack configs you are not supposed to find it in world gen becuase it breaks progression somewhat (and not becuase draconium alone is useless)

Actually, given the rarity of the Draconium ore, it's generated mostly for you to be able to find a small amount of starting ore I never said it wasn't a rare ore. Draconium intentionally seems to spawn only in small quantities around the overworld lava pools under y=12 in most modpacks I've played where it's included. You will need an ingot of it for making it's guide book anyway.

It's also not actually up to the modpack author where Draconium ore spawns by default, this is what the mod developer sets up for their ore generation. It's a relatively simple fact that the mod itself has to provide some rate of ore generation to enable progression through their mod. If there wasn't any ore generation, there wouldn't be any point in having the mod in the pack, as it's essentially a useless mod if so. At the rate Draconium spawns you will be draining or making obsidian around and under a lot of lava pools if you expect to find Draconium ore, so it's therefore quite time-consuming for somebody to do so.

If the modpack developer feels Draconium ore breaks progression that strongly, they really should reconsider their entire progression tree or enable an alternative means of obtaining Draconium ore. One such alternative is to have it generate in dimensions that can be specified in it's config.

Draconic Evolution has some rather resource-hungry multiblock structures that use it's own ore, therefore, in order to really progress with Draconic Evolution, one really has to find it's ore generation in some dimension, if not, there's really no point in having Draconic Evolution in a modpack, is there?

Finally, since this modpack states that quests are optional, and you can simply ignore the quest guide book and do your own thing, I fail to see why Draconium ore generation should be blocked from spawning, anyway. That makes no kind of sense at all to me if one isn't even interested in the quest side of things.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

Joshi120

Jul 29, 2019
you are NOT supposed to find draconic ore period, you are only supposed find the ingots/dusts these ways > "u will only get draconium from the quest book , a dragon kill , absurdly rare chance bag for an ingot"
finding it in world gen would be considered a modpack bug (even when the world gen for it is normal you are not supposed to be able to find much of it in the overworld at all)

what you mean is Awakened draconium

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure @Everlasting2 is correct here, I've never found any draconic ore and I've quarried ALOT. Haven't tested it specifically though. From the changelog:

• Draconic Evolution
    • Adds end game machines, tools, and more. All recipes are disabled and items are ONLY obtainable by Questing.
If there's draconic ore, it could be abused with stuff like the digital miner, no?

Edit: Or just look at the DE configs:

# Set to true to prevent draconium ore from spawning in the end
B:"Disable Ore Spawn (End)"=true

# Set to true to prevent draconium ore from spawning in the nether
B:"Disable Ore Spawn (Nether)"=true

# Set to true to prevent draconium ore from spawning in the overworld
B:"Disable Ore Spawn (Overworld)"=true

So if you find draconium ore, it's definitely a bug.

Last edited:

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
It's also not actually up to the modpack author where Draconium ore spawns by default, this is what the mod developer sets up for their ore generation. It's a relatively simple fact that the mod itself has to provide some rate of ore generation to enable progression through their mod. If there wasn't any ore generation, there wouldn't be any point in having the mod in the pack, as it's essentially a useless mod if so. At the rate Draconium spawns you will be draining or making obsidian around and under a lot of lava pools if you expect to find Draconium ore, so it's therefore quite time-consuming for somebody to do so.

Uhm, what has the default settings got to do with anything? The modpack author (or player) is free to change the configs. HQM has been made the alternative to aquire draconium not to render the mod useless, which it absolutely isn't.

I do recall reading somewhere that you could ignore quests. I believe that was referring to the mod specific questlines, not the shop system which DE is part of (If I'm wrong, DE is definitely an exception to the statement that you can ignore quests). You are playing a pack which purpose is the shop system in HQM and it is balanced and tweaked via mine/modtweaker with that in mind. If you want to play it by default settings, you'll have to change the configs and remove the scripts yourself unfortunately.

Edit:

do you see the deep dark here ? or rftools dims ? nope right

No, and I'm sure there are ways to get around the questbook lock for draconium. It is ultimately up to yourself if you want to play by the pack's "rules" (with lack of a better word). If you don't intend to use the shop, change the DE configs to default and you don't even have to go to the deep dark :).

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Actually, given the rarity of the Draconium ore, it's generated mostly for you to be able to find a small amount of starting ore I never said it wasn't a rare ore. Draconium intentionally seems to spawn only in small quantities around the overworld lava pools under y=12 in most modpacks I've played where it's included. You will need an ingot of it for making it's guide book anyway.
BrickVoid
the book is given as a reward for the intro draconic evolution quest , almost all the draconic evolution items are given as quest rewards ,the ones that are not are made using items that are from the book and Draconium ,
do you see the deep dark here ? or rftools dims ? nope right
deep dark had that snipped last pack version as did the bedrock dim (its in the change log) the draconium dimlets have been blacklisted from early on and as a result never spawn in dimlet houses or anaysis or spawn randomly

Reactions: Mlukvai

Joshi120

Jul 29, 2019
No, and I'm sure there are ways to get around the questbook lock for draconium. It is ultimately up to yourself if you want to play by the pack's "rules" (with lack of a better word). If you don't intend to use the shop, change the DE configs to default and you don't even have to go to the deep dark :).
it isn't up to me tbh i am already trough the whole questbook it was like this when we launched the server ....

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
it isn't up to me tbh i am already trough the whole questbook it was like this when we launched the server ....

So someone's forcing you? o_O

As Everlasting2 wrote, it was fixed in the latest version. Your server most likely has areas that was generated prior to that, so that's why you find it.

Joshi120

Jul 29, 2019
not rly lol it is a server how should i change any configs ? also nope
uJltHZm.png

This is a fresh RFtools world without any modifyers

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
not rly lol it is a server how should i change any configs ? also nope This is a fresh RFtools world without any modifyers

You don't want to use the shop system and you want to access DE, and you're playing on a server? By playing on a server you accept that server's settings obviously, if you want other settings you can ask the server admin to change them, play SP or change server.

And yes, looks like RF dimensions still has the ore, even though it's not supposed to(0.1.0, RFtools section). Might be a bug or your server's settings. Again, it's up to you if you want to use that or not, no-one's forcing you to mine draconium ore in a RFtools dimension and no-one here says you cannot. It's up to you entirely.

But I don't really see the problem here. The original question was if draconium ore is supposed to spawn, and the answer is that it is not.

Joshi120

Jul 29, 2019
i don't have a problem ? i just answered with the informations i had and i never sayd i don't want to use the shop system but thats fine now ...

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
at some point its probably more simple to just remove/tweak out all usage recipes of draconium ore . because it somehow keeps surfacing in other dimensions