[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
How come my tools dosent get any buuf/perk when they level up? is it disabled or soemthing and if so how can i turn it on?.. its just an aspect i realy enjoy >,<
u do get upgrades and modifiers randomly but not every lvl the chance to get a buff or modifier per lvl is around 50%
if u destroy the configs for igwaganu tweaks and generate a new one u will nerf tinkers tools quite alot including mining lvls and what u are allowed to use for tinkers tools , and tools will be able to get much less lvl ups then default for the pack ,

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
ender dragon dimension. Since it drops between half a stack and a stack of draconium dust
last i check its dragon essence from hardcore ender expansion but we dont have that mod

to craft a dragon dimlet u need a tier 6 dimlet which is quite rare (before config tweaks this is only found on liquid gold dimlets and uum) when ic2 left the tier 6 uu dimlet left as well) and over 4 stacks of dimensional shards to make sure the dim work bench does not fail and loose the very rare rarity component its soo not a cheap dimension to use even then especially with the big reactors nerf

Last edited:
Z

ZTW

Draconium dust, the thing from Draconic Evolution that you can smelt into draconium ingots. Killing a dragon gives a bunch, and since you're supposed to get the draconium from QUEST I figured I'd mention it.

And yeah like I said a dragon dimlet isnt the easiest so I don't mind too much ;)
But usually I can get a rarity 6 (there are 15 different btw, not 2) in at most an hour of exploring a dimension with the RFTools structures (with dimlets in frames). Another decent strategy is to exact copy a RFTools villager that sells a rarity 5 dimlet and use these in the dimlet scrambler.
For dimensional shards, they're pretty easy to get from a random dim, or again, from a villager.
As for the RF costs, dragon dim is 10k RF/t. A big energy buffer can help here if you're not producing that much - after all with only like five minutes in (60 million RF) you should have stacks and stacks of draconium plus hearts as a bonus (for comparison getting a single heart with ritual is 400 mill RF). Besides, one can nerf Big reactors as much as they want, with Mekanism's Windmills in, power can be a nobrainer if you dont mind boring setups :p

I'm saying this, but I find awakening the dragon so boring I'm still pretty happy the dim is an alternative. It's a lot more fun flying around in a dimension with dozens of dragons to crossbow down to death.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just to make sure i'm understanding correctly - Let's say I want to crate a bunch of potatoes. Is it possible to get a 1000 EMC crate with a bunch of potatoes (50 EMC each?) I got a 50% full one , but I can't seem to make it go higher as the next tier (500 to 1000) would require 10 potatoes, which do not fit on a crafting grid..
So it's a no go, right?
If the 500 + 500 crate was working, which it doesn't seem like all of them are working, that's how you'd reach 1000.

I've completed all the Initial Research, but the main page shows 94%.
There are some hidden quests on a lot of pages, mostly quests I haven't fixed or moved elsewhere for now.

How come my tools dosent get any buuf/perk when they level up? is it disabled or soemthing and if so how can i turn it on?.. its just an aspect i realy enjoy >,<
Every few levels you get a modifier or a random perk. The higher level the tool, the more spaced out these bonuses are.

Do I have to do something special to combine them? This is two 50% full (500 EMC) crates in a crafting grid.
Yeah, definitely a bunch of the crate recipes are missing or not working correctly, sorry about that! =(

- You should really consider tweaking (recipe or QUEST book) RFTools dimensions to endgame.
With all the changes to the pack lately I need to rebuild RFTools and balance it again, since a lot of biomes and liquids are now missing, and power generation is not as super easy.

A Bag of Coins > 50 coins recipe would be nice for autocrafting. Because my autonomous activators opening bags into vacuum hoppers feel a bit weird
Oh huh, simple things never thought of. Oh well, added to the Trello =)

- Really personal here, but I feel there are too many quests.
This is partially the point of the pack. The quests are meant to guide players through all the mods, but the plan is that you won't have to do EVERY SINGLE QUESTLINE to reach 'endgame' (getting home, basically)

- The quest "Crystal network" in ch.4 allows infinite Epic blind bags at no cost
Yup, has been reported but I haven't added it to my Trello till now.

Killing a dragon gives a bunch, and since you're supposed to get the draconium from QUEST I figured I'd mention it.
Nah, its taken into account you can get the dust from the Ender Dragon, which is partially why a lot of quests are 'provide these items + this money = this DE item'

------

Also, I'd like to note for folks : please do not submit bug reports in...alternative ways :confused: . This forum, forum PMs, twitter, or the discord group are fine. Heck, even steam or telegram or whatever if you know me on those.

But 'request access' notifications via Google or whatever else aren't really cool ways to report bugs.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
(there are 15 different btw, not 2)
i said with unmodified configs and this pack does modify the raries a very significant ammount
i never said shards were hard with a proper method i just said 4 stacks is significant

why do i think the next pack update will be called the balance of power mk2 ?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan Not overly versed in coding, but it seems like it might almost be easier to simply have a machine that takes in items with FMC and produces a crate when full, rather than the sheer amount of crafting recipes the current system needs. Or make all crates similar, and you can fill them with whatever to get a generic crate. I dunno, the current system is interesting, but seems really fiddly and hard to bug fix.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan Not overly versed in coding, but it seems like it might almost be easier to simply have a machine that takes in items with FMC and produces a crate when full, rather than the sheer amount of crafting recipes the current system needs. Or make all crates similar, and you can fill them with whatever to get a generic crate. I dunno, the current system is interesting, but seems really fiddly and hard to bug fix.
Not really unfortunately. I'm not really a coder type, and my partner doesn't have the time right now to work on this, but its in the plans.

I might have it so you can crate anything together for basic shipments, but the categories being separated are important for, say, Bulk Order Contracts.

Kirthew

Jul 29, 2019
I am probably the worst minecrafter in the history of minecraft. My silly question is, what are you guys using for chunk loading. I want to keep the chunks loaded around my homestead for crops and such. Any help would be amazing.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I am probably the worst minecrafter in the history of minecraft. My silly question is, what are you guys using for chunk loading. I want to keep the chunks loaded around my homestead for crops and such. Any help would be amazing.
Nah, you're good. You didn't come in here asking why you couldn't load the pack with a ten year old 32bit system. ;)
If you have ender lily seeds and a reasonable source of blaze powder, there's a (name forgotten, its purple yellow) loader that takes I think blocks of coal, eyes of ender, or other sundry things as fuel. The cost of upkeep increases as you load more chunks at once, but at 1x1 to 3x3 it goes for over a IRL hour on one eye.
There's also the MFR chunk loader, but I haven't messed with it yet.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, you're good. You didn't come in here asking why you couldn't load the pack with a ten year old 32bit system. ;)
If you have ender lily seeds and a reasonable source of blaze powder, there's a (name forgotten, its purple yellow) loader that takes I think blocks of coal, eyes of ender, or other sundry things as fuel. The cost of upkeep increases as you load more chunks at once, but at 1x1 to 3x3 it goes for over a IRL hour on one eye.
There's also the MFR chunk loader, but I haven't messed with it yet.
MFR's chunk loader requires WAY too much power, imho, for a small area. Even then it doesn't seem to play nice with Mekanism' Digital Miner, keeping chunks loaded.

There's World Anchors and chunk loader upgrade for opencomputers...purple-yellow chunk loader? Do you mean the old ChickenChunks' chunk loader? That's not here..but I'm not finding anything purple and yellow for a chunk loader, in NEI..could it be a Thaumcraft thing?

edit: Dimensional Anchor takes various fuels but isn't purple-yellow.

Kirthew

Jul 29, 2019
MFR's chunk loader requires WAY too much power, imho, for a small area. Even then it doesn't seem to play nice with Mekanism' Digital Miner, keeping chunks loaded.

There's World Anchors and chunk loader upgrade for opencomputers...purple-yellow chunk loader? Do you mean the old ChickenChunks' chunk loader? That's not here..but I'm not finding anything purple and yellow for a chunk loader, in NEI..could it be a Thaumcraft thing?

I was thinking of loading ChickenChunk's Mod pack into here to just get the chunk loader, but there has to be a reason that Caigan left it out, perhaps because of the fact that it is a low cost recipe that requires no power.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

Probably is the Dim Anchor. I dunno, it looks shaded purple and gold to me, maybe has something to do with my screen, cause I'm not using a texture pack atm.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Probably is the Dim Anchor. I dunno, it looks shaded purple and gold to me, maybe has something to do with my screen, cause I'm not using a texture pack atm.
oooh it could be your brightness. i got mine bumped all the way up to bright. but yeah the dim anchor is an iron block, with 4 gold ingots placed in a cross around it. so it's gold rimmed.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
oooh it could be your brightness. i got mine bumped all the way up to bright. but yeah the dim anchor is an iron block, with 4 gold ingots placed in a cross around it. so it's gold rimmed.
Nah, I have mine on bright as well, I think I'm translating the shadows on the block as purple-ish for some reason, looking at it on a wiki. And now I want to go find a texture for it that actually makes it purple-gold, cause it would look awesome. XD

L

LordPorkins

Hey, I've just joined the forum specifically to ask this question. This mod pack looks amazing, i love giant packs and i love HQM so i don't have to google something every 2 seconds. So i boot up the mod pack, it takes a while to load, but my computers shite and It usually does that with new mod packs. I get to the menu ok, start my world, enable cheats in case i spawn somewhere stupid, and hit go. After it loads, i start moving. Except I'm moving at like 1/3 normal speed. When i jump, it takes me like 2 seconds to hit the ground. My punching is like I've had mining fatigue 2. What is causing this? because its kinda making this pack unplayable, which is a huge shame.