[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

S

Silius

I am playing on a server with a couple of friends, and despite searching a dozen villages we cannot find a mad scientist, to enable the android abilities, anywhere. I would assume that they do spawn considering the abundance of android parts, but is there something we are missing on how to find them?

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on a server with a couple of friends, and despite searching a dozen villages we cannot find a mad scientist, to enable the android abilities, anywhere. I would assume that they do spawn considering the abundance of android parts, but is there something we are missing on how to find them?
First Mad Scientist thing I did, was doing a quest. Found their "Contract" in a Matter Overdrive typed chest, did the scanning quest, got a part. So maybe you don't want the scientist yet? I didn't know you actually needed a scientist, as in you've gotten farther/further than I have in the mod.

S

Silius

First Mad Scientist thing I did, was doing a quest. Found their "Contract" in a Matter Overdrive typed chest, did the scanning quest, got a part. So maybe you don't want the scientist yet? I didn't know you actually needed a scientist, as in you've gotten farther/further than I have in the mod.
Through killing legendary rogues we've amassed an entire double chest of parts...but no way to use them :/

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
To become a android you either have to find the pill(forgot which color) or find a scientist from the mod, there are 2 types. The a normal one and another guy that got a quest(that turns him evil). Both spawn in villages.

The pills can spawn in chests that spawn in some of the village houses that got machines from the mod, or in the new worldgen added by the mod.
The house that can have MO tech and chest in them is the house that have a crafting bench and a few bookshelves and some "seats" with a table.
Crashed spaceships(2 versions, 1 with a quest, the other with 5 androids 1 is always legendary ranked) the underwater lab or the flying spaceship.

Before you even turn into a android you need a stable power gen and a android charging station or every few hours you will die from not having any power lmao. Think of being an android as always having a jetpack draining power. So you are restricted that you need to charge urself up every now and then, but the benefits you get FAR outweigh the side effects if you get the right parts.

T

TheEpicCowOfLife

So guys, kinda unrelated thing considering the stuff going on, but have any of you figured out an OP and absolutely broken source of FMC? Cobble gen seems good.

Also, kinda on the topic, for some reason you cannot charge Ferret batteries in a redstone furnace... o_o

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Tris, I will now download it and check it out. what do I do if I find black chunk areas?
As Caigan says, see if they're there first, then either delete the chunk to regen it (make sure you know what if anything you put in it) or use a backup created by AromaBackup assuming you left the mod in. Corruptions are rarely predictable or consistent except in very odd circumstances, so just going back to before the issue isn't likely to have it happen again, and if it does anyway that means it's a specific thing that can be fixed or removed as needed.

To become a android you either have to find the pill(forgot which color) or find a scientist from the mod, there are 2 types. The a normal one and another guy that got a quest(that turns him evil). Both spawn in villages.

The pills can spawn in chests that spawn in some of the village houses that got machines from the mod, or in the new worldgen added by the mod.
The house that can have MO tech and chest in them is the house that have a crafting bench and a few bookshelves and some "seats" with a table.
Crashed spaceships(2 versions, 1 with a quest, the other with 5 androids 1 is always legendary ranked) the underwater lab or the flying spaceship.

Before you even turn into a android you need a stable power gen and a android charging station or every few hours you will die from not having any power lmao. Think of being an android as always having a jetpack draining power. So you are restricted that you need to charge urself up every now and then, but the benefits you get FAR outweigh the side effects if you get the right parts.
Hum. Wonder if the Botania dungeon chest flower can produce the pills....

K

Keros

Before any of these suggestions, make a separate backup of the world.

• Well, using MCEdit, you could delete the broken chunk if you know which one it is.
  • If you aren't sure, you can use it to select the chunks your base is in, and then Prune all other chunks away. (Make a backup first!). When you load into the world again, it will regenerate those chunks.
  • There are tools that can find broken chunks and delete them as well. https://github.com/Fenixin/Minecraft-Region-Fixer is one, it has a prebuilt exe about halfway down the page that I've used before.
As for the cause...unfortunately, the crash log didn't point to anything that would have caused it. It could have been simple as a chunk not saving correctly because of Minecraft crashing, or power going out, or something in the world corrupting the chunk.

Hello Caigan, I keep trying to use MCedit but it keep crashing for me and it isn't loading everything either, Especially the place where my base is. I never used MCedit before so it's probably my mistake.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
more number discrepancies kekimurus: pixie dust(2000) + rune of glutony(18,000)+some petals =2,250
spectrolus (the wool eater): pixie dust (2000)+ air and winter runes(250 per single rune)+ some petals = 1000

if the loonium can produce the pills i dont think there going to be easy to get this way(think whitestone) , most of the matter overdrive stuff that has spawned for me from it is colorers of sort and "snacks" like things (this makes me wonder what is pool the loonium pulling for this mod because it "sounds" too food/cosmetic based for normal looniem drops )

Cyperangel

Jul 29, 2019
Hum. Wonder if the Botania dungeon chest flower can produce the pills....

Oh my G! This!. Weeeee!
Man, you just made my day! I am trying to collect all the records for the stable division sigil quest, and it is a bleeding pain in the rear to do. But this flower, which I had totally forgotten, could get mere there.
You Sir, are AWESOME!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my G! This!. Weeeee!
Man, you just made my day! I am trying to collect all the records for the stable division sigil quest, and it is a bleeding pain in the rear to do. But this flower, which I had totally forgotten, could get mere there.
You Sir, are AWESOME!
Hehe. Never forget Botania, that mod has way too much useful stuff, even if the mana bursts can get a bit laggy.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Oh my G! This!. Weeeee!
You Sir, are AWESOME!
im sorry to burst ur bubble but the loonium cant get 2 types of things (quite old a of change )from the dung loot pool 1. music dics 2. overgrowth seeds , i dont think the cascading looter suffers this issue but well lets just say u need to learn a differnt power system to use it

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
im sorry to burst ur bubble but the loonium cant get 2 types of things (quite old a of change )from the dung loot pool 1. music dics 2. overgrowth seeds , i dont think the cascading looter suffers this issue but well lets just say u need to learn a differnt power system to use it
Huh, odd. I remember getting both in abundance the last time I used the flower. Granted that was over a year ago, but still. I suspect it could be added back in as well if Caigan feels inclined to take on yet more work. XD

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan I'm running a small server where 5 friends play your pack. We're really liking it, esp having fun getting some exposure to Matter Overdrive. We don't mind tougher games and generally always resist making anything easier, but we all got tired of getting one or two-hit killed by minotaurus (or whatever they're called). It's especially irritating that they seem to spawn in the day as well. I brought it up to the group and asked how people would feel about me disabling that one mob and suprisingly, everyone on the server wanted to get rid of the whole Grimoire mod. Are we missing something by removing it?

Your pack is your pack and I'm not asking you to remove it. I'm giving you user feedback.

Thanks for all of the work that went into the pack. We're really enjoying it.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/A1WZt

I am having issues with the OpenComputers mod. I have tried talking to those on the dedicated irc for it. They have no idea for certain what is causing it.

I have assembled a tier one computer as instructed on the OpenComputers wiki in a tutorial. I have placed it down and provided it with a source of power. It is in a chunk that might be loaded by a minecfactory reloaded chunk loader (not exactly sure how that thing works. It is getting power too though). It gives a error whenever I turn it on though. (it never seams to turn back off either.) Once turned on the red led on the front of the case flashes constantly on and off. The imgr album above describes the issue much better then I can, and includes the images related to the steps the irc members had me try. (I have yet to update the opencomputers mod like they stated. I will be doing that next.)

I am running this on a rented Beast Node server. I am fairly certain the mods dlls aren't being loaded. going to try a step or two with that as well.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Huh, odd. I remember getting both in abundance the last time I used the flower. Granted that was over a year ago, but still. I suspect it could be added back in as well if Caigan feels inclined to take on yet more work. XD
vaski nerf
Are we missing something by removing it?
the diffculty they are supposed to represent ,u are also missing alot of research material sources . i have to ask are your friends to trying to melle monsters with high health and high str like Minotaurs ,if so they really need some kind of ranged weaponry

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/A1WZt

I am having issues with the OpenComputers mod. I have tried talking to those on the dedicated irc for it. They have no idea for certain what is causing it.

I have assembled a tier one computer as instructed on the OpenComputers wiki in a tutorial. I have placed it down and provided it with a source of power. It is in a chunk that might be loaded by a minecfactory reloaded chunk loader (not exactly sure how that thing works. It is getting power too though). It gives a error whenever I turn it on though. (it never seams to turn back off either.) Once turned on the red led on the front of the case flashes constantly on and off. The imgr album above describes the issue much better then I can, and includes the images related to the steps the irc members had me try. (I have yet to update the opencomputers mod like they stated. I will be doing that next.)

I am running this on a rented Beast Node server. I am fairly certain the mods dlls aren't being loaded. going to try a step or two with that as well.
There is a "debugger" tool in OpenComputers. Consider using that.
Also you need an openOS floppy disk in that floppy drive; you didn't take a photo of what floppy is in there. an openOS floppy is REQUIRED to first boot a computer.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
There is a "debugger" tool in OpenComputers. Consider using that.
Also you need an openOS floppy disk in that floppy drive; you didn't take a photo of what floppy is in there. an openOS floppy is REQUIRED to first boot a computer.
the image with the green disk in it is open os disk.

I will try out the debugger tool. loading the save into single player to see if it is something to do with the server.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I can't even figure the debugger out. I created a world and cheated up the parts and then some I was using on the server and got the same error. I updated the album with those images. I fully exited the game and loaded it to see if that works. If no other possibilities are presented, after I wake up I will delete the instance and re-install it and try this in a new world to see if it is still the same error. (this has all been on the curse launcher. I don't know if that makes a difference. Will check the java version on their really quick. They aren't much for using the installed version. it is still 1.8.0.25. Do they know what a security update is at all?)
http://i.imgur.com/YSqWFV3.png
http://i.imgur.com/WHQX51G.png
Going to toss testing with the FTB launcher in there as well. When I wake up. ((Curse really nets to get their stuff straight. That it is replacing the FTB launcher has never sat well with me and there current actions are no help.))

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
I can't even figure the debugger out. I created a world and cheated up the parts and then some I was using on the server and got the same error. I updated the album with those images. I fully exited the game and loaded it to see if that works. If no other possibilities are presented, after I wake up I will delete the instance and re-install it and try this in a new world to see if it is still the same error. (this has all been on the curse launcher. I don't know if that makes a difference. Will check the java version on their really quick. They aren't much for using the installed version. it is still 1.8.0.25. Do they know what a security update is at all?)
http://i.imgur.com/YSqWFV3.png
http://i.imgur.com/WHQX51G.png
Going to toss testing with the FTB launcher in there as well. When I wake up. ((Curse really nets to get their stuff straight. That it is replacing the FTB launcher has never sat well with me and there current actions are no help.))
that small green chip, is that an EEPROM or EEPROM Lua Bios?
I've not been able to replicate this error yet, but i'm trying.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I remember seeing a small video once where someone had set up five cobble gens with transfer nodes, with the variation of having one stack of world interaction and four stacks of speed, to four of world and one of speed, all hooked up to deep storage and left to run for what was obviously a while.
The one with one stack of world did the best by far, I assume because the node only has one slot that can't go above a stack, and more speed means, of course, more speed. Not sure what the stack upgrade would do here, but seems like you really only need one stack of world, and throw in as much speed as you can fit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2tvtk2/extra_utilities_fastest_combination_for_cobble

I've done compressed cobble setups many many times. To get any throughput, you'll need multiple transfer nodes feeding
your crafter one distance away from it. So, 4 sides, 4 transfer nodes, with full world interaction stacks + 1 speed stack and maybe a single stack upgrade as well. Sometimes you have to just add on to that in batches and be very very creative.

As far as helpers go, EnderIO addons cobbleworks is very very fast (not in this pack I don't think).

For crafters, Rftools crafter tier 3 can handle the whole thing. Another good crafter is Magneticraft crafter (you can stack them on top of each other for a cobble tower setup quite nicely). I'd stay away from using EIO crafters as they cannot keep up whatsoever even with octadic.

The hardest part is the lower tiers of compressed cobble really, so that is where you need to multiply your inputs if you're impatient. I've done quite fast setups using a multi bspaced barrel that holds triple and had multiple quad setups making compressed up to that barrel and then had one setup taking the triple and compressing it the rest of the way.

In project ozone, 2 cobbleworks at the bottom of a cobble tower from magneticraft made me an octuple every 5-10 minutes.