[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

M

MokahTGS

So it sounds as if waiting for the next update is the best idea when starting this pack for the first time. My wife and I were going to start this over the weekend but we will wait for the rework. Will .13 be most of the changes or will it be stretched out over several versions?

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
i have an issue with invalid items listed as rewards on the HQM Book and thats using 0.1.2-17.10
Read the CEO message when you log in. This has also been answered several times in this thread.

It's because of a mod change at the last second, it was armor. But the mod was removed so now its invalid items.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
So it sounds as if waiting for the next update is the best idea when starting this pack for the first time. My wife and I were going to start this over the weekend but we will wait for the rework. Will .13 be most of the changes or will it be stretched out over several versions?
major changes are not tied to world gen, just to earning coins and the quest book.So u could just get setup in a base/basic tools while u wait for the update

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Some of these major changes are tied to worldgen. Ore spawns and project zulu dungeon spawns

mjohnab

Jul 29, 2019
This is a large thread, and I didn't see it in the first post, but many of the quests I'm unlocking are empty. Do quests appear with reputation? Or will something else trigger them?
Great pack so far! My wife and I are enjoying it.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Some of these major changes are tied to worldgen. Ore spawns and project zulu dungeon spawns
the dungeon spawns are more reason to start now actually they are a lovely source of spawners which u need for lategame(draconic evolution ) and for midgame-ish(ender io) ore gen changes are not really a major change its just a few ore rates being changed
This is a large thread, and I didn't see it in the first post, but many of the quests I'm unlocking are empty. Do quests appear with reputation? Or will something else trigger them?
Great pack so far! My wife and I are enjoying it.
if the intro quest says this line is not done , then is not likely any quests behind that one yet. the quests on the top row of the intro section are the completed/plenty of quests past this one

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I should probably mention, I finally got up to digital miner territory, and found that emerald and draconium ore seem to not exist in the overworld, at least not in Mega Taiga, Desert, or Magical Forest biomes, even with max miner range. There are also apparently supposed to be natural crystal clusters that I need to break to get neutral shards, but those are either invisible to the miner or also haven't spawned. Lapis and gold are very rare compared to everything else as well, but I think that's been said already.
Also still having sudden temp freeze issues, but taking out AromaBackup helped quite a bit.

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
The problem I ran into with 1.5.9, which may or may not still be an issue, is the game would 'lag behind' slowly if you had it paused in the Esc menu or elsewhere. Say you hit Esc to go to the restroom and came back 5 minutes later. Resume game, you weren't able to access or interact with 'anything' for a bit. The longer you were away, the longer the 'lag' happened. I narrowed it down to Inventory Tweaks 1.5.9, and downgraded to 1.5.8 and it fixed it.

I'll test 1.5.9 again, though, in case it was an issue with Forge or something.
I've been having the lag issue from pausing even with Inventory Tweaks 1.5.8, but I have just been dealing with it as it comes. I did have an interesting bug, though. I set up a Cursed Earth mob spawner, using Dark Glass and Dark Ethereal Glass, and accidentally died in there. When I came back, I found that the mobs which were in there had gone invisible and unhittable, but could still hit me. I assume that a relog will fix this issue, but at the moment I think I need to put the game down for a moment =P Just thought I'd point this out...

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
I should probably mention, I finally got up to digital miner territory, and found that emerald and draconium ore seem to not exist in the overworld, at least not in Mega Taiga, Desert, or Magical Forest biomes, even with max miner range. There are also apparently supposed to be natural crystal clusters that I need to break to get neutral shards, but those are either invisible to the miner or also haven't spawned. Lapis and gold are very rare compared to everything else as well, but I think that's been said already.
Also still having sudden temp freeze issues, but taking out AromaBackup helped quite a bit.

Draconic evolution = questbook late game only. Emeralds, look for a mountain. Neutral shards, do you mean balanced shards from thaumcraft? They are made through tc alchemy.

You're bold if you remove aroma ;). You can increase the intervals between backups in the config. Or just manually backup your world of course.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Draconic evolution = questbook late game only. Emeralds, look for a mountain. Neutral shards, do you mean balanced shards from thaumcraft? They are made through tc alchemy.

You're bold if you remove aroma ;). You can increase the intervals between backups in the config. Or just manually backup your world of course.
I know, but last I checked draco ore spawned, albeit rarely, down at diamond level unless you're in The End, in which case it's more common. Same for emeralds in terms of the overworld, unless these have been changed specifically for the pack.
Nope, not Thaum. These shards are apparently some kind of analog to Magical Crops, and they appear any time I try to find ways to make a material in NEI. All their entry says about how to get them is that "Neutral Clusters" spawn underground and that you need to break them. They do have their own oredictionary name though, so I'm assuming that they just don't appear in the places I've looked.
AromaBackup has had A LOT of memory leak/buffer/etc issues in the past, whether you change the timing on it's backups or not. Besides, there are a lot of things in place already to make sure you don't lose stuff if something crashes, and I can backup manually if I need to.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
I know, but last I checked draco ore spawned, albeit rarely, down at diamond level unless you're in The End, in which case it's more common. Same for emeralds in terms of the overworld, unless these have been changed specifically for the pack.
Nope, not Thaum. These shards are apparently some kind of analog to Magical Crops, and they appear any time I try to find ways to make a material in NEI. All their entry says about how to get them is that "Neutral Clusters" spawn underground and that you need to break them. They do have their own oredictionary name though, so I'm assuming that they just don't appear in the places I've looked.
AromaBackup has had A LOT of memory leak/buffer/etc issues in the past, whether you change the timing on it's backups or not. Besides, there are a lot of things in place already to make sure you don't lose stuff if something crashes, and I can backup manually if I need to.

It's been changed specifically yes. You unlock the draconic evolution quests with high enough reputation I believe.

Ah, the fluxed crystals ones? I haven't touched that much yet, but it should be explained in the appropiate questline. Nothing required to be mined iirc. But someone else is probably more fit to explain it than myself :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Matter Overdrive ores will not retrogen, but by either exploring out further, or jumping to RFTool dimensions, you can find it on an established world. Project Zulu temples, any blocks from the mod itself will just vanish.

This is a large thread, and I didn't see it in the first post, but many of the quests I'm unlocking are empty.
Each quest on the Initial Quests page that does not lead to a questline says so in its description.

Emerald generally only spawns in Extreme Hills biomes. It's more common to find them in the nether via Nether Ores, or by trading with villagers.

Lapis and gold are very rare compared to everything else as well, but I think that's been said already.
These are both being increased in the next version.

I've been having the lag issue from pausing even with Inventory Tweaks 1.5.8, but I have just been dealing with it as it comes.
I've been testing yesterday and today with 1.59 of inventory tweaks, no issues yet.

I assume that a relog will fix this issue, but at the moment I think I need to put the game down for a moment =P Just thought I'd point this out...
Yeah this is an issue that crops up now and again, not sure what exactly causes it.

I know, but last I checked draco ore spawned, albeit rarely, down at diamond level unless you're in The End
Almost all ore spawn for DE has been disabled (there are some here and there I cannot change, but these places are fairly difficult to find, and most of the items are gated via the HQM anyways).

All their entry says about how to get them is that "Neutral Clusters" spawn underground and that you need to break them.
Their entry could be worded a lot better, I agree. It's basically saying you need to grow Crystal Clusters and break them to get the Rough Shards. The questline for Fluxed Crystals 2 is located in the Soul Food questline.

Reactions: Sungak

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
gold issue ? i just digimined the nether for my gold , i only digimined the overworld for ore on accident one time (other time was to track the center of ae metors) 8 ingots of gold from 1 nether gold ore(over 2 stacks nether gold ore from 1 run) when i run nether each ore through a furnace then through 4x ore processing(i had a weak 4x link for ages so processing took an age )
bottom line: ore issue ? go digimine the nether seeing as u already have the miner (cant do this for dimensional shard ore of course or maybe even any kind of shard drops(tc?))

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
gold issue ? i just digimined the nether for my gold , i only digimined the overworld for ore on accident one time (other time was to track the center of ae metors) 8 ingots of gold from 1 nether gold ore(over 2 stacks nether gold ore from 1 run) when i run nether each ore through a furnace then through 4x ore processing(i had a weak 4x link for ages so processing took an age )
bottom line: ore issue ? go digimine the nether seeing as u already have the miner (cant do this for dimensional shard ore of course or maybe even any kind of shard drops(tc?))
Yeah, just found it odd that the miner saw more diamond ore than gold in the three areas I checked. XD
Def moving it to the Deep Dark or nether asap.
It's been changed specifically yes. You unlock the draconic evolution quests with high enough reputation I believe.

Ah, the fluxed crystals ones? I haven't touched that much yet, but it should be explained in the appropiate questline. Nothing required to be mined iirc. But someone else is probably more fit to explain it than myself :)
Ahhh, ok. Cool, glad to hear it's supposed to be how it is, thanks yall.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I found a minor bug. When I set up a ghostwood tree farm with MFR to shear leaves, the leaves aren't sheared properly. They come out with the incorrect metadata and are called block.leaves.name instead of ghostwood leaves. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but these leaves can't be used for ghostwood fletchings unless placed and sheared manually. Which sort of defeats the purpose of my ghostwood farm which is to make arrows out of ghostwood and cobblestone. This bug would be absolutely no problem to anyone whatsoever unless they wanted to automate arrows with ghostwood like I did.

My suggestion would be to make a second recipe using the bugged metadata. The leaves should have meta 1 but the bugged ones have meta 9. That would fix the only problem that the bug causes. Any other issues could be easily worked around in-game.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion would be to make a second recipe using the bugged metadata. The leaves should have meta 1 but the bugged ones have meta 9. That would fix the only problem that the bug causes. Any other issues could be easily worked around in-game.
Pretty simple fix, just added it.

Reactions: goreae

EveTater

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this has come up before on this, considering there's 162 pages, but I've come across a seemingly random bug which causes the game to freeze (and apparently my computer too, as CTRL+ALT+Delete just sticks it to a black screen) until I take the battery out of the laptop. I haven't had this issue until very recently, even though there hasn't been a version update, and it crashes about halfway through the loadup every time until I install an older version of the pack and then go back to the current one, which seems to fix it.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this has come up before on this, considering there's 162 pages, but I've come across a seemingly random bug which causes the game to freeze (and apparently my computer too, as CTRL+ALT+Delete just sticks it to a black screen) until I take the battery out of the laptop.
That....is super odd. Not heard of that before. Not sure what I can do myself, but I'll see if I can find anything on it.

When I try to play on a world it crashes, says "This connection is terminated " and sends me to the multiplayer screen
This usually means Morph has bugged for you. You'll need to disable Morph before you can play on that world again. There isn't a fix for this, unfortunately, that I've been able to find.