[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

logdogzip

Jul 29, 2019
I might consider this, but I'm hesitant to remove a mod that got a lot of 'favored' votes as well. I need to see how 'big' of a mod NuclearCraft is, because a good compromise might be to lower the output of Big Reactors and have NuclearCraft as a viable option as well.
I think adding NuclearCraft would be a fun move - it has updated again (twice) since this comment, and looks stable now - he's now working on particle accelerators (!) for the next update. I think it would work well alongside Big Reactors as an alternative for big energy generation - hardly anyone has played around with its fission or fusion reactors so it would bring something new to the table, and they work pretty well and are rather unique if I've learned anything about them while I've been playing around with it. It's important to note that the mod actually adds quite a lot more beyond the fission and fusion reactors, too.
The documentation isn't great at the moment, with the most info being on the developer's YouTube channel, but he also seems very quick to respond to any questions you ask on CurseForge/GitHub etc.

Reactions: turbodiesel4598

Saeko

Jul 29, 2019
Wow the pack evolved a lot since i tried it in its earliest version.
Also trying to check the stats of all materials for TiCon tools with NEI crashed my game twice. Does that also happen to anyone else ?

Random idea : a list of public servers in the front page under the videos ?

Last edited:
D

DoctorDee

That is very odd, I have no idea why that would be happening o.o
My guess is is that the texture packs got removed from their server and so it is unavailable. What version do you use and do you think you can upload it somewhere and give us the link?

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
The first quest rewards 5 shinies and 2 invalid items. The second quest also has invalid items. What am I supposed to use these for?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
The first quest rewards 5 shinies and 2 invalid items. The second quest also has invalid items. What am I supposed to use these for?
thats a side effect with 1 mod being pulled from the pack at last minute (the mod was not in the pack prior to this )what the ithem was supposed to represent was a piece of chain armor

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
thats a side effect with 1 mod being pulled from the pack at last minute (the mod was not in the pack prior to this )what the ithem was supposed to represent was a piece of chain armor

Could probably replace that with pam's hardened leather chestpiece thing then. Is the HQM source on a git host anywhere?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Could probably replace that with pam's hardened leather chestpiece thing then. Is the HQM source on a git host anywhere?
Well the armor that was supposed to be there is early-game crappy but better than nothing armor. Hardened leather armor is basically retextured iron armor with a different recipe. As for a github? I don't know, but caigan is really active in this thread, so he'll probably see your post anywho.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Well the armor that was supposed to be there is early-game crappy but better than nothing armor. Hardened leather armor is basically retextured iron armor with a different recipe. As for a github? I don't know, but caigan is really active in this thread, so he'll probably see your post anywho.

Eesh, didn't realise it was that stronk. My bad! Really liking the immersive function of this thing, just starting to get into it and I'm surprised the simple draw of shiny junk to trade for vouchers is such a great motivator. Makes me want to just... collect a bunch of stuff and get all the things, you know? Curious what else is in store.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had luck charging Whitestone from Random Things? It starts charging at Midning Phase, but it doesn't work for me.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
The division sigil is probably the cause of the confusion :p
Yep. Was exactly doing sacrifice ritual and waiting for the midnight phase, looted Whitestone couple nights before.

Currently playing just with Magic Mods (max "tech" is OpenBlocks/Jabba(fell in love with magic after Departed, Hubris, Banished)), no Tinkers. It's so tempting to resort to MFR machines, Ender Quarry, etc.. tech has so many "I Win" machines.

I'm like a slave master with all the golems.. also a good thing is that Aura Cascade has pleb ME system. And at last I have a good reason to set up a shipping crate system (what is challenging with just magic) is early on due to no "infinite" ingot supply that E-Quarry>RFTools provide, but also there's a good incentive to explore Nether for them Nether Ores (I've got a Terrain Eater with an AutoSmelt+Fortune3, which works wonders).

Last edited:

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
At what Trader Rank are new Contracts unlocked? I got mine over 100 and no new contracts yet :(.
Try typing "/hqm edit" and look into the creative book if it shows anything you're looking for. Though I don't think there's tiered contracts for trader rank, you unlock stuff from shop/quest rep.