[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just wanted to let you know, but all your image links are broken for me.
Are you at a workplace or school? If so, those places generally ban imgur because it eats bandwidth, so that could be the problem. Also, imgur was hacked fairly recently and was spreading viruses, so a lot of antivirus software also blocked it. That's all fixed now, but you should check to make sure your antivirus (if you have one) allows that site.

I would recommend changing the "imgur.com" part of the link to "filmot.org", which usually works, but that's been down recently, so not very useful now.

C

CrisZ03

if this modpack contains modification of the morph, I can't log into a world or create one, but before everything was fine, I don't want to disable morph because for this mod quest book have a quest. Error: A fatal error has occured, this connection terminated.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just wanted to let you know, but all your image links are broken for me.
I'm not sure why, its also broken for me, even if I retake the screenshot and reupload it. And not consistantly either, if I load the link and hit refresh, it'll load properly then.

http://imgur.com/fxhyLK6 See if this works

f this modpack contains modification of the morph, I can't log into a world or create one, but before everything was fine, I don't want to disable morph because for this mod quest book have a quest. Error: A fatal error has occured, this connection terminated.
Morph was not changed between 0.1.1 and 0.1.2, so I'm not sure what is causing this error. The only way to fix it, I've found so far, is to disable morph unfortunately.

EDIT: As well, the quest for Morph doesn't rely on morph specifically, since it only asks you to retrieve a cloud piece, which can be done with any of the variety of flight methods.

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
I've been getting a strange series of crashes lately, and I have no idea what could be causing it, since I'm not doing anything terribly unusual... The first time it happened, I built the thermo-generator thingie from Immersive Engineering, and put a block of uranium on the one side and a bucket of gelid cryotheum on the other. It didn't seem to put out as much power as I expected it to, so I started building another one, and as I started smelting the copper/nickel alloy for the second round it crashed. I had to restart from a backup to get back into the game. So, I decided to do something different, and instead focused on my farm. I bred up some 10/10/10 raspberries and blackberries, and when I came back to it to work on the strawberries it crashed again:

Code:
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error

(remainder snipped, but saved in case you want it)

I'm probably gonna have to restart from a backup again, and just hope that the work I've already done saved... any ideas? I don't know if it's just my computer being stupid again, or what, but I'm at a loss...

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
(remainder snipped, but saved in case you want it)
Yes we do, the remainder (hopefully) tells us what caused the error which is generally much more important than the error itself. So yeah, just as a rule of thumb the full log always. Pastebin or the like provides a handy way of putting it online for reading without clogging the forums.

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
Blah, that's just the result of me not thinking clearly enough I suppose... I should have known that myself... :p

More to the point, I forgot that I could stick it behind a pastebin link: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/4fc5ce47

edit: On the bright side, it looks like I might have been able to get FTB to finally work and actually load Minecraft, which would mean that any errors that might be the result of a bad copypasta would be corrected...

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Blah, that's just the result of me not thinking clearly enough I suppose... I should have known that myself... :p

More to the point, I forgot that I could stick it behind a pastebin link: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/4fc5ce47

edit: On the bright side, it looks like I might have been able to get FTB to finally work and actually load Minecraft, which would mean that any errors that might be the result of a bad copypasta would be corrected...
That's an odd crash. I can't really find much on it other than 'update forge multipart', except you probably already are on the latest forge multipart... It should be version 345 in mods/1.7.10/ folder.

Only thing I can think of is to go around and break any Microblocks you have around.

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the only Microblocks I have anywhere are being used as ammunition for the Basic Turrets :p

FedorNogopletov

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Caigan!

I'm using version 0.1.2. The same ores from Thermal Foundation and Immersive Engineering spawn in the world? (like Copper)
DffUR9q
m2HqGWi
Also, most of the rewards for starting quests are broken.
yjh6h3x

P.S. FTB Forum doesn't display images correctly, so I'm sorry :)
P.P.S. Yeah, I know that my English is bad, sorry

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the only Microblocks I have anywhere are being used as ammunition for the Basic Turrets :p
Hmm, try removing the microblocks as ammo and use something else for a bit.

I'm using version 0.1.2. The same ores from Thermal Foundation and Immersive Engineering spawn in the world? (like Copper)
Yeah, this was a mistake on my part, I thought I had turned off IE oregen.

Also, most of the rewards for starting quests are broken.
Another one that's my fault, I had to remove a small mod at the last minute, and the first few quest rewards were pieces of armor from it. They were chainmail/leather equivilant, so you can spawn yourself in some replacements if you want.

P.S. FTB Forum doesn't display images correctly, so I'm sorry
It's looking like the images not being displayed properly might be an issue with the FTB forums now, as they used to work before just fine.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hello Caigan!

DffUR9q
m2HqGWi
weird copper being green before its mined
i thought copper always spawned orangish (or maybe ie wanted to be differnt ?)
weird i looked it up
there actually are 2 kinds of copper "ore " in real life that are green , malachite and chrysocolla

closest one to te's 1 has looks like chalocopyrite ,the others are mostly a dullish metallic gray

Last edited:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Isn't green the oxidized layer? It should still be orange, unless the unprocessed form has a different color.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, "native copper" is orangish. The green variety is usually from oxidation, especially in the presence of sulfur or sulfates. Malachite is usually coveted as a form of a lesser gemstone--I have a sizeable chunk myself.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I got a weird duping bug in Aura Cascade. Sometimes opening the Encyclopedia Aura cheats in a bunch of items. I think it's the last item I was using/placing, like after adding aura to some nodes I received a stack of white aura crystals by looking into the book. Later I placed some aura nodes, and got like 16 nodes for free.

Not sure if I should report it directly to the author.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting little report on the Morph quest. I happened to get a 'bottle of cloud' in one of the BBs, so figured I could do an early (pre-iron!) end-run on the quest. :) Nope. Collected the cloud bits from that, they're not seen by the book.

No big deal for me; I do prefer the discussed progression for Morph, just lagging behind because of my personal RP on this run (which is being reported on another forum, as a form of Eve Online fanfic). Its taking nearly as long to write the AARs (from the perspective of an Ammatar Pilot trapped in a VR simulation) than it is to play the pack. :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I got a weird duping bug in Aura Cascade. Sometimes opening the Encyclopedia Aura cheats in a bunch of items. I think it's the last item I was using/placing, like after adding aura to some nodes I received a stack of white aura crystals by looking into the book. Later I placed some aura nodes, and got like 16 nodes for free.

Not sure if I should report it directly to the author.
Oh, this isn't a bug.

The Aura Cascade book has a series of quests to help incentivize you in learning the mod. You get rewarded for doing these quests with various things pertaining to the mod.

Interesting little report on the Morph quest. I happened to get a 'bottle of cloud' in one of the BBs, so figured I could do an early (pre-iron!) end-run on the quest. :) Nope. Collected the cloud bits from that, they're not seen by the book.
Ah, those are two different clouds, I believe. Not sure if I want to ore dictionary them or not.

Reactions: Desman

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You can, but I'd change the quest to require a storm cloud instead.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2