[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

BLAMM!

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a problem. I've been playing for some time now, and I recently started experiencing regular crashes. After some experimenting, I've narrowed down the issue to a tesseract I have in my inventory. Whenever I pass my mouse over it, kaboom. This is not the first tesseract I've worked with. I've been playing for months now and have several of them. They are my primary method for power distribution. But now, suddenly, I have one in my inventory that I can't even hover over. Does any one have any advice?

Every instance of the crash logs the same stack trace, so it is at least consistent, but I fail to see what RenderPlayerFace has to do with a tesseract, or what I can do about it.
Time: 1/26/16 11:38 AM
Description: Rendering screen

java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering screen
at cofh.core.render.customcharrendering.RenderPlayerFace.loadTextures(RenderPlayerFace.java:54)
at cofh.core.render.customcharrendering.RenderPlayerFace.setProfile(RenderPlayerFace.java:74)
at cofh.core.render.customcharrendering.RenderPlayerFace.loadProfile(RenderPlayerFace.java:69)
at cofh.core.render.CoFHFontRenderer.loadFontRendererStack(CoFHFontRenderer.java:271)
at cofh.core.item.ItemBlockBase.getFontRenderer(ItemBlockBase.java:65)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.getFontRenderer(GuiContainerManager.java:101)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.renderToolTips(GuiContainerManager.java:403)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73863_a(GuiContainer.java:166)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1061)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1001)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:95)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Help?

Edit: Apparently, it's not just that tesseract. I broke one I had placed earlier, and that one also causes a crash when I hover over it.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Apparently, it's not just that tesseract. I broke one I had placed earlier, and that one also causes a crash when I hover over it.
There is now a stable release of the Thermal family of mods, which I believe fixes this, the workbench crash, and a few other issues.

COFH Core : http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/cofhcore/files/2277478
Thermal Expansion : http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/thermalexpansion/files/2277516
Thermal Foundation : http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/thermal-foundation/files/2277480
MineFactory Reloaded : http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/minefactory-reloaded/files/2277485
Nether Ores : http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/netherores/files/2277488

BLAMM!

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'll update with these tonight and let you know.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Doing some early testing of adding another mob mod, one with more 'dangerous' creatures than just Project Zulu provides.

I'm now leaning away from Lycanites again, as its load profile and startup time is equivalent to IC2 AND Progressive Automation together. This would negate part of the reason for removing some mods, which is improving performance at least a bit. Another issue was, Open Modular Turrets didn't recognize Lycanites mobs a lot of times, which is an issue for base defense.

I'm now testing Grimoire of Gaia, and its load and startup profile is DRASTICALLY less, while still adding interesting AND dangerous mobs. I will now do testing on spawn rate changes and whatnot to get a good balance, as well as test with various mods (as usual) before I make a decision.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Doing some early testing of adding another mob mod, one with more 'dangerous' creatures than just Project Zulu provides.

I'm now leaning away from Lycanites again, as its load profile and startup time is equivalent to IC2 AND Progressive Automation together. This would negate part of the reason for removing some mods, which is improving performance at least a bit. Another issue was, Open Modular Turrets didn't recognize Lycanites mobs a lot of times, which is an issue for base defense.

I'm now testing Grimoire of Gaia, and its load and startup profile is DRASTICALLY less, while still adding interesting AND dangerous mobs. I will now do testing on spawn rate changes and whatnot to get a good balance, as well as test with various mods (as usual) before I make a decision.
I absolutely approve of grimoire of gaia. Not only does it add a bunch of cool and scary mobs which brings back that alien feel I've been missing, but it also has a bunch of useful items you can get from the mobs, and every mob drops something useful, be it spell tomes, ore bags, or just shards of resources. Everything is useful for something, and going out and hunting monsters with GoG can be really rewarding.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I absolutely approve of grimoire of gaia. Not only does it add a bunch of cool and scary mobs which brings back that alien feel I've been missing, but it also has a bunch of useful items you can get from the mobs, and every mob drops something useful, be it spell tomes, ore bags, or just shards of resources. Everything is useful for something, and going out and hunting monsters with GoG can be really rewarding.
so i should get ready for a cursed earth mob farm ?

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019

Ooh, good. I like GoG, and I personally am not a big fan of Lycanites. If you're not going to use Minecraft style graphics, it had better actually look good. For example, thaumcraft looks good because they are a good texturer. Lycanites looks really weird in the game's surroundings in my opinion.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Grimoire of Gaia looks pretty promising.

Personally I like Lycanites a lot more than other monster mods, as it provides dangerous environments (good luck stepping in Nether w/o 0.25xbow or flight), but that's just a sentiment left from MadPack2 hardcore playtrough.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any estimated release date for the modpack?
No. I work on the modpack when I can. I try to aim for a new update every month or two, but my RL schedule is a little all over the place, and various things usually slow this plan down.

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
Some reason you are missing configs, specifically for Ferret Shinies.
Fixed it! Apparently I didn't move over the whole folder like I thought I had... it's been a weird (in a bad way) couple of weeks for us... Oh well, finally got it working! Sooooo excited ^_^

Reactions: An0nymuS

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there any estimated release date for the modpack?
the pack is already released on the ftb and curse launcher for ages ,there was recently an update though few quest lines added some fixed and some other changes(including mod updates )
however asking when the next pack version is aka asking for an eta is against the rules of the forum.