[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

manevilus

Jul 29, 2019
I responded to the survey, and I just wanted to say that this is an AWESOME modpack! I have so many going right now, (yours, regrowth, and Sky Factory 2)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I have just updated the main post with updated information and the new bit of art for the modpack you'll see in 0.1.3 =)

This was a commission done by TigerInSpace/SamGillespie, specifically for use in this modpack!
1BiRpFu.png

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Odd problem: For the AE system I made three patters and put them into the Molecular Assembly - one for Precious Shipping Crate using Ruby recipe, one for Precious Shipping crate using Sapphire and one using Peridot. All together I have three patterns but the system only shows one in the terminal and it is the RUBY one. Is this a known issue?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Odd problem: For the AE system I made three patters and put them into the Molecular Assembly - one for Precious Shipping Crate using Ruby recipe, one for Precious Shipping crate using Sapphire and one using Peridot. All together I have three patterns but the system only shows one in the terminal and it is the RUBY one. Is this a known issue?
ae does not like being taught multiple recipes for the same ithem

the new bit of art for the modpack
yes it does look nice and also your new forum picture looks nice as well

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan would you consider adding treecapitor to the pack?

It's so annoying to chop down the entire tree by hand or you just have these floating leaves and branches :(.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't realise vein miner was included... How do I use it?
Hold Sneak while mining ore or chopping a tree. MOST tools work, except ones with special properties (TiCo hammer, lumber axe; thaumcraft axe of the stream, pickaxe of the core, etc)

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Hey,
we noticed that version 0.1.2 from the ftb launcher is missing magical crops which is not documented as removed in the changelog. I'm wondering if it is intended or a bug.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,
we noticed that version 0.1.2 from the ftb launcher is missing magical crops which is not documented as removed in the changelog. I'm wondering if it is intended or a bug.
Oops, my apologies, I forgot to add that to the removed section (or rather, it would have gotten its own section). I've mentioned it a few times in this thread and elsewhere, but I probably should have mentioned it a bit more.

0.1.1 is where FLuxed Crystals 2 was added to replace Magical Crops, and the scripts to convert Magical Crop seeds to Fluxed Crystal seeds were added, with the notice that Magical Crops were being removed in 0.1.2.

If you haven't loaded a world in 0.1.2 yet, you can downgrade to 0.1.1 and convert all your seeds before updating.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Oops, my apologies, I forgot to add that to the removed section (or rather, it would have gotten its own section). I've mentioned it a few times in this thread and elsewhere, but I probably should have mentioned it a bit more.

0.1.1 is where FLuxed Crystals 2 was added to replace Magical Crops, and the scripts to convert Magical Crop seeds to Fluxed Crystal seeds were added, with the notice that Magical Crops were being removed in 0.1.2.

If you haven't loaded a world in 0.1.2 yet, you can downgrade to 0.1.1 and convert all your seeds before updating.
I checked the last 5 pages of this thread, didn't find anything magical crops related besides one post about flux crystals. A lot going on here :)

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
We did a rollback from a backup, ran into multiple issues with upgrading.
1) huge number of missing/changed blocks. I'm pretty sure the world is going to look like swiss cheese. 461 blocks gone. http://pastebin.com/d9WqaamA
2) Jabba doesn't seem to be compatible with the old data.
3) Thermal expansion doesn't seem to be compatible with the old data.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I checked the last 5 pages of this thread, didn't find anything magical crops related besides one post about flux crystals. A lot going on here :)
My apologies, I checked my YAMPST 'log in notices' but apparently I never added one for magical crops. I never really noticed since I glance past those for mod updates and errors while doing updates. Completely my fault. =(

huge number of missing/changed blocks. I'm pretty sure the world is going to look like swiss cheese. 461 blocks gone. http://pastebin.com/d9WqaamA
Magical Crops : These are 'infused' versions of wood, stone, and obsidian you have to make specifically. The ore did not generate.
AWayOfTime: The Blood Magic book was changed between versions
BinnieCore, Better Bees, Trees, Genetics (Not to be confused with Gendustry), and Botony aren't updated to Forestry 4 yet. The most that will be removed from worldgen stuff is hives, as everything else is hand made.
Forestry : Update to Forestry 4 condensed some things and got rid of others (like wax capsules). Most of the trees removed from both Forestry and Extra Trees are ones you have to crossbreed to get, and if any are naturally grown, fast leaf decay should take care of non-mod tree leaves.
Malisis Doors : They removed the one color curtain and replaced it with 16 versions
AOBD : Draconium nuggets and blocks are now handled by Draconic Evolution itself.

2) Jabba doesn't seem to be compatible with the old data.
3) Thermal expansion doesn't seem to be compatible with the old data.
That's odd, as they should both work just fine. Tested it with my old test worlds and none of my testers have reported issues with either of these. What errors/issues/crashes are coming up from this?

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: class cofh.thermalexpansion.block.device.TileWorkbenchFalse is missing a mapping! This is a bug!
    at net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntity.func_145841_b(TileEntity.java:84)
    at cofh.thermalexpansion.block.TileTEBase.func_145841_b(TileTEBase.java:91)
    at cofh.thermalexpansion.block.TileInventory.func_145841_b(TileInventory.java:277)
    at cofh.thermalexpansion.block.device.TileWorkbenchFalse.func_145841_b(TileWorkbenchFalse.java:72)
    at cofh.thermalexpansion.block.device.TileWorkbenchFalse.cofh_validate(TileWorkbenchFalse.java:29)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:50532)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:669)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:954)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:431)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:809)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:669)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: class cofh.thermalexpansion.block.device.TileWorkbenchFalse is missing a mapping! This is a bug!
    at net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntity.func_145841_b(TileEntity.java:84)
    at cofh.thermalexpansion.block.TileTEBase.func_145841_b(TileTEBase.java:91)
    at cofh.thermalexpansion.block.TileInventory.func_145841_b(TileInventory.java:277)
    at cofh.thermalexpansion.block.device.TileWorkbenchFalse.func_145841_b(TileWorkbenchFalse.java:72)
    at cofh.thermalexpansion.block.device.TileWorkbenchFalse.cofh_validate(TileWorkbenchFalse.java:29)
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:50532)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:669)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:954)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:431)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:809)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:669)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Ah, this. It's been 'fixed in dev' but the dev version with the fix hasn't been released yet.

The block causing this is Thermalexpansion:device (I'm not sure what metaID) and possibly Thermalexpansion:workbench. In world, its a Thermal Expansion Workbench. One of updates to Thermal Expansion added tiers to the Workbench, but changed the code, and the original Thermalexpansion:device block can become bugged. (I don't know if the the Thermalexpansion:Workbench can as well)

To fix it, you'll need to break/delete the blocks in the world. Your choices : Roll the Thermal Expansion mods back to the July 13ish non-beta releases from last year. This would be CofHCore, Thermal Expansion, Thermal Foundation, and MineFactory Reloaded. Only blocks you'll lose are, I believe, the new TE Workbench tiers, but it will leave only the Thermalexpansion:device blocks left, which can you go and break.

Second option is load up MCEdit Unified ( http://khroki.github.io/MCEdit-Unified/ ) and try to find the block there if you know where it is.

Either way, you'll want to avoid using the Workbenches afterward, it isn't clear if its just a world where the Workbench existed before the Tier's were added, or if its all workbenches, period (I've placed them down trying to find the issue and left them there with no crashes, so...)

EDIT : I need to update the log-in messages anyways, I'll add one to warn people not to use the Workbenches for now.

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
Filled out a survey. Just want to reiterate what I said on the last page: TAINT IS *PURE* EVIL. EVERY good spot I find to settle has a taint biome or one of those eldrich altar thingies within sight if you fly up to ~200 height.... I ended up going back to....think it's 0.0.6?....to get to a version where taint wasn't EVERYWHERE.

The thing that pisses me off most is: I find a spot that LOOKS like it doesn't have any nearby Thaum stuff, and then I get all set up and go on my usual Botania flower hunt. I always leave a chunkloader at my base, and 99.999% of the time I find taint on my front steps when I come back. I used to LIKE thaumcraft, too, back when all you had to worry about was wisps from too much flux.