[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
i still dont understand what all the fuss is about warp now a days i know it was very bad early on but now it seems fine (as long as u dont wear or keep touching warping gear (for example void tools and armor )
Yes, I know the Warp mechanics were changed to eventually stop if you don't keep gaining Warp.

But if you want to properly avoid it after finishing it, you have to avoid using that equipment you worked for. While the pack has a lot of options, many of them ridiculously superior(overpowered, I'll get to this shortly) compared, especially when you include the time and effort needed to gain either one, I don't like the tradeoff as much.

"Strong monsters " tinkers crossbows dealt around 16-18 dmg early on the last version (so before magical wood and te alloys) crossbow have not gotten weaker since the stong monsters are chamption mobs with the mighty in there name and the outlands bosses if u dont get lucky
See, this is the problem. Some of the Tinker's Construct/ExtraTIC materials are fairly wonky in their balance of "Effort" vs "Reward" when you put it in a pack with a lot of other mods.

The effort to get, say, a Signalum Crossbow, is vastly, vastly simpler and faster than it is to get, say, an Awakened Ichorium Sword.

That's why I'm going to be going through and rebalancing what stats and things I can from ExtraTiC / etc after I get done testing the Thaumcraft questline.

long bouts of unatural hunger , u do know that can be banished by eating rotten flesh(no u dont have eat zombie brains ) each peice of rotten flesh u eat removes 1 lvl of un-natural hunger and it typical has a max lvl of 4
Ah, thought it was only Zombie Brains.

ive gone through the entire route of getting elderich knowledge and to the point ive been ready to open the outerlands portals in a differnt pack( ftb infinity) then the warp went dormant as i stopped using/ interacting with forbidden knowledge/actions, i dont see how it will be differnt if i did it in this version of ferret business
I've gone through Thaumcraft 4 multiple times, both before and after the Warp changes. I still find Warp a somewhat meh mechanic that quickly gets annoying, unless I spend the time to wear specific armor, or make and use bath salts / warp ward incense from botania / etc constantly, and those don't stop the warp effects, just decrease them.

Just to clarify, as well : I don't hate the warp mechanic outright, but I also don't exactly like it either. I feel its a nicer balance to not have to worry about it for this pack, as opposed to something that's more Thaumcraft focused, where it would fit better.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
See, this is the problem. Some of the Tinker's Construct/ExtraTIC materials are fairly wonky in their balance of "Effort" vs "Reward" when you put it in a pack with a lot of other mods.

The effort to get, say, a Signalum Crossbow, is vastly, vastly simpler and faster than it is to get, say, an Awakened Ichorium Sword.
exactly why i mentioned the crossbow(plasitc limb, ) u could get last version instead of the crossbows u could get this verison (signalium limb)

on to the other point i dont think kami gear has a warping or any warp effects on its self and it is great gear in its self .
The fact that people make the stuff that gives warp ward as i said previous is actually hindering warp effects subsiding for the longer term(if there there not doing more forbidden stuff ) , not all the good stuff gives out warp for using it one of my favorites is an infernal wand (fire protection and wither immunity + big vis storage without going through that much effort) Also none of the thaumic ae stuff has warp on it (i think void tools/void armor are the main ones that do that )
so bottom line is not all the good stuff has a warp penalty for using it infact i think very little of it does aside from void armor and void tools
edit: fixed grammar error

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
so bottom line is not all the good stuff has a warp penalty for using it infact i think very little of it does aside from void armor and void tools
I know, but as I said, it's more of an annoying mechanic.

That being said, I'm not decided on whether I will have it or not.

I may add the mod, but not disable Warp outright. This way, you don't have to boost your Warp heavily and wait for RNG to give you the Eldritch Epiphany event (this has always taken a bunch of time for me) so you can continue the questline. The mod just moves it to the Basic Information tab as a Researchable item.

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
Just my two cents on this warp thing: I already dislike Thaumcraft, why the EVERLOVING hell would I get into something like WARP? Amen to Thaumic Sanity. And as for completely disabling Warp, I say go for it.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
POLL RESULTS
So, I let the poll run the weekend for what difficulty to set Thaumcraft to. There were over 40 responses!

2% said Hard
43% said Easy
55% said Medium

Many folks who chose Easy said they were bored with the minigame.
Some folks who chose Easy said they didn't like Thaumcraft.

Multiple folks who selected Medium mentioned that Easy was harder than Medium, because the MInigame lets you use different Aspects you may have an abundance of.
Some folks who selected Medium think its the best of both worlds : Research and Purchasing.

Those who chose Hard declined to comment.

The pack will stay on Medium, but it was decently close I have to say.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
The Tesseract problem looks it is a known Single Player problem with some folks. This is apparently fixed in dev builds that aren't available yet, unfortunately.

As for the inventory loss, I'm not sure whats causing that for you.

Don't forget you get a stack of exchange tokens, which you can put in the EnderIO Alloy Smelter with the coins to automate exchanging into shop vouchers.

The Exchange Tokens will be craftable with themselves in the next version, to duplicate them, so that you can automate exchanging them with the Smelter easier.

As for the HQM crash from clicking buttons too fast : The newest version of HQM apparently fixes a majority of this issue, though it can possibly still crop up.

so... the next update will be so much good for me.. pls put it online soon as posible, thanks... =)

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
POLL RESULTS
So, I let the poll run the weekend for what difficulty to set Thaumcraft to. There were over 40 responses!

2% said Hard
43% said Easy
55% said Medium

Many folks who chose Easy said they were bored with the minigame.
Some folks who chose Easy said they didn't like Thaumcraft.

Multiple folks who selected Medium mentioned that Easy was harder than Medium, because the MInigame lets you use different Aspects you may have an abundance of.
Some folks who selected Medium think its the best of both worlds : Research and Purchasing.

Those who chose Hard declined to comment.

The pack will stay on Medium, but it was decently close I have to say.

i'll... change to easy any way... it's take sooooo much time even on easy.. and look the modpack... it's so much things to do.. and thaumcraft is so much manual... =/

and it's not hard... just put some thing to imput chafting table on decontruction table and get the aspects... and it's take soooo long... =(

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
i'll... change to easy any way... it's take sooooo much time even on easy.. and look the modpack... it's so much things to do.. and thaumcraft is so much manual... =/

and it's not hard... just put some thing to imput chafting table on decontruction table and get the aspects... and it's take soooo long... =(
3words: feed wisperweed mana

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
3words: feed wisperweed mana
i don't get it.... explain pls '-'
the wisperweed is a functional flora added by forbidden magic it essentialy drinks botania mana the normal way and whispers into nearby players ear's(u really need to be close to it for to be able to do this ) what can be simply be called thaumcraft research points (mostly primals)

U might be wondering "why cant i get nei to show me the recipe for it?" . this is because crafting the flower requires u to do the research topic for the flower (it is then made on the arcane worktable )
its under the Forbidden Magic tab (it's called Apocrypha) it probably wont be visible immediately. i think u need infusion researched for it to show up, it should appear near an icon that looks botania esque like botania's book

LadyPortia

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyone here willing to allow me to play on their server? It's hard to find public servers for The Ferret Business. :/ I just enjoy being with others.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
the wisperweed is a functional flora added by forbidden magic it essentialy drinks botania mana the normal way and whispers into nearby players ear's(u really need to be close to it for to be able to do this ) what can be simply be called thaumcraft research points (mostly primals)

U might be wondering "why cant i get nei to show me the recipe for it?" . this is because crafting the flower requires u to do the research topic for the flower (it is then made on the arcane worktable )
its under the Forbidden Magic tab (it's called Apocrypha) it probably wont be visible immediately. i think u need infusion researched for it to show up, it should appear near an icon that looks botania esque like botania's book

*O* WOW! so cool!!! Caigan come on! i what to test things like this! give me the update!!! \o/

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
*O* WOW! so cool!!! Caigan come on! i what to test things like this! give me the update!!! \o/
1 little thing to mention ,it has 1 little catch while in operation the flower gives temporary warp "occasionally " (fortunately that is the kind that gets fully cleaned away 100% of the time with 1 piece of sanitizing soap ) to the people its wispering research points to

Aryssa

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I are going to play this modpack, however whenever he loads the mod up, on the 'Initialising Mods Phase 2' screen it always gets stuck on either ProjectRed Transportation, Zulu or Simply Jetpacks, which is number 158. Could anyone help us? :oops::confused:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
My friend and I are going to play this modpack, however whenever he loads the mod up, on the 'Initialising Mods Phase 2' screen it always gets stuck on either ProjectRed Transportation, Zulu or Simply Jetpacks, which is number 158. Could anyone help us? :oops::confused:

I solved it by disabling the forge splash screen (edit the splash file in the config folder).

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
1 little thing to mention ,it has 1 little catch while in operation the flower gives temporary warp "occasionally " (fortunately that is the kind that gets fully cleaned away 100% of the time with 1 piece of sanitizing soap ) to the people its wispering research points to
Yes, also nei will most likely never show most thaumcraft recipes, because in most cases it would be cheating the mod's core mechanics. Azanor has actually stated he disapproves of people doing that.
Also you spelled "whispering" wrong.

Aryssa

Jul 29, 2019
I solved it by disabling the forge splash screen (edit the splash file in the config folder).

Thanks, it worked! :D :D

EDIT: This has worked for me however, when my friend does the same thing and searches for the "splash.properties" folder as I did, it doesn't come up/exist.. Anyone know why, thanks :)

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Yes, also nei will most likely never show most thaumcraft recipes, because in most cases it would be cheating the mod's core mechanics. Azanor has actually stated he disapproves of people doing that.
indeed ,but for this pack(one of the mods in the pack adds it ) its nei wont show u the recipe until u have the research done that would be required to see it in the thaumnomicon