[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
- Could you apply the compact ores to the rest of the ore types in the game?
This is in the plans, just haven't gotten around to it.

- If you plan on having multiple ores of the same type, such as thermal expansion copper and industrial craft copper, you should install an ore-dictionary conversion mod. I've seen some that add machines/items that convert one type of ore to it's ore dictionary counterpart. I say this because it makes things like sorting systems and barrel storage a whole lot easier.
Doing my best to keep to one of each type, but config issues from last update caused the generation of Forestry, etc versions as well. Already corrected on my end.

- I would like it if there was an energy conversion mod, that can convert RF to Industrial Craft 2 power. (Not sure if there already is one or not)
Mekanism Universal Cable is able to convert on the fly between RF and EU.

Have you looked at Flaxbeard's Steam Power
This was originally in the pack very early on, but was removed due to an odd issue, and the plan is for it to show up in the second (currently on hold) pack I will eventually work on. Eventually.

I updated Java and now I can't launch ANY modpack on ANY launcher...
Ah, this is probably because those launchers are still pointing at your old version of Java. Go into the options for any of your launchers, and double check that the Java Path is pointing to the proper one.

Why same ores from Thermal Foundation and Forestry spawn in the world? (like Tin and Copper). Is it a bug?
Yeah, it was an error with updating a mod and it wiping out the config without my knowing it.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, sorry for lack of responses and help from me lately! Was not a very fun week last week, but I have made progress on the update.

Thaumcraft questline is ALMOST done, but its taking even longer as it isn't always clear what unlocks the higher tier researches, and I want to make sure I have it clearly understood.

Oczfubv.png

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
This is in the plans, just haven't gotten around to it.

Doing my best to keep to one of each type, but config issues from last update caused the generation of Forestry, etc versions as well. Already corrected on my end.

Mekanism Universal Cable is able to convert on the fly between RF and EU.

This was originally in the pack very early on, but was removed due to an odd issue, and the plan is for it to show up in the second (currently on hold) pack I will eventually work on. Eventually.

Ah, this is probably because those launchers are still pointing at your old version of Java. Go into the options for any of your launchers, and double check that the Java Path is pointing to the proper one.

Yeah, it was an error with updating a mod and it wiping out the config without my knowing it.
Done, also, vanilla MC currently doesn't work either. I would just go back to the working version, but of course the one time that it would be convenient for Java to NOT uninstall the previous update it does...

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Also, sorry for lack of responses and help from me lately! Was not a very fun week last week, but I have made progress on the update.

Thaumcraft questline is ALMOST done, but its taking even longer as it isn't always clear what unlocks the higher tier researches, and I want to make sure I have it clearly understood.

Oczfubv.png

i'm waiting for the update to get into thaumcraft... Hey Caigan.. about craconic evolution.. all the mod can be used buying? or some item can't?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
i'm waiting for the update to get into thaumcraft... Hey Caigan.. about craconic evolution.. all the mod can be used buying? or some item can't?
Pretty much all the items in it are either outright purchased, or crafted with purchased items.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
IMPORTANT SURVEY

Okay folks, I'm nearing finished with the Thaumcraft questline. There are already 39 quests in it, and there are at LEAST 5 more quests worth of items I have yet to work through and test.

This will give me enough time, with the holiday, to gauge the community's feelings on....*drumroll* Thaumcraft Research Difficulty!

For those who don't know, Thaumcraft research has 3 difficulties : Easy, Medium, and Hard.

On Easy, every research can be outright 'purchased' with Aspect Points, which you gain via scanning things with a device, and combining Aspects in the Research Table.
On Medium, many researches have to be properly 'Researched', via a minigame. You connect Aspects in a hex grid, chaining them together. More complex Researches create bigger hex grids. Lots of researches can still just be purchased like on Easy.
On Hard, every research requires playing the minigame.

So, I have created a Google Form survey to see what difficulty folks would like.

Thaumcraft Research Survey via Google Forms

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
I like the research mini game, and it's a good way to kill time if you're waiting on machines to process something (like bees). It can be pretty tedious if you try to do a lot of them in a row, though. My vote goes for medium. I'd say leave it at medium and people can turn it to easy if they want.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Question. This mod pack doesn't launch with Biomes o Plenty. however it says that without BoP you cannot complete every quest. Ive found this pack interesting just from what Ive read but beffore starting I just wanted clarification on this. For the complete experience, do we need to add BoP to the modpack ourself and if so is just the latest version ok? Any conflicts or mod cross incompatibilities that need to be addressed? Or is this a left over from something that doesn't matter anymore?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Question. This mod pack doesn't launch with Biomes o Plenty. however it says that without BoP you cannot complete every quest. Ive found this pack interesting just from what Ive read but beffore starting I just wanted clarification on this. For the complete experience, do we need to add BoP to the modpack ourself and if so is just the latest version ok? Any conflicts or mod cross incompatibilities that need to be addressed? Or is this a left over from something that doesn't matter anymore?
left over from the time when there was bop exploration quests

Reactions: Pudding01

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
left over from the time when there was bop exploration quests

Thanks then. So I can just start? Cool. Too late now but tomorrow Ill give it a go ahead. Hopefully I can just pick all packs cause I love gambling. Gimme all the bags! Must gamble!

And just a suggestion to the pack author, perhaps a little addendum added to the first post about the BoP thing being no longer relevant OR relevant to an older pack. Would make it less confusing overall.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
to see what difficulty folks would like.
from what ive heard easy is actually significantly more research point scrounging because your hard locked on what points u use for each research and how many u expend each research (scorging for pts from the deconstrction table is horrid for small batches fortunately we have forbidden magic so theres a lovely flower for research points the hard part is making them because of one key ingredient ) bottom line is easy mode research replaces one " evil" for another in thaumcraft 4

Reactions: Pudding01

Keldor

Jul 29, 2019
A few issues with the quests:

Can we get some bulk production/supply quests? The Quest Delivery System from HQM is badly broken (once you feed it the requirements for a quest, it keeps eating items, but with no reward. A bit of a black hole...), and it's rather painful to turn in 40 stacks of seed crates 6 at a time.

Next, the amount of shop loyalty you get for a purchase is much lower in proportion to what you spend with more expensive items. You get 1 loyalty for a common ores at 5 shop vouchers, but only 5 loyalty for getting a greater blind bag at 100 vouchers! Also, the number of trading chits doesn't properly scale up with the difficulty of the contract.

Finally, the prices seem a bit high for both ores and blind bags. Consider that it costs 50 silver to buy 2 iron ore, but turning in 2 diamonds only gets you 15! Alternately, some of the contract rewards should be increased. In particular, the ones for metal bars and gems are very low, given that it's very easy to make a big wheat farm but harder to get large quantities of ore.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Or is this a left over from something that doesn't matter anymore?
Leftover, I had forgotten to change the tooltip and stuff. Realistic World Gen is included int he pack now but its optional, unlike Biomes O Plenty was.

Can we get some bulk production/supply quests? The Quest Delivery System from HQM is badly broken (once you feed it the requirements for a quest, it keeps eating items, but with no reward. A bit of a black hole...), and it's rather painful to turn in 40 stacks of seed crates 6 at a time.
You can automate turning in crates via the EnderIO SAGMill. The Supply quest page should give you one for free and explain how it works.

Production and Supply quests are also getting rebalanced next update.

Next, the amount of shop loyalty you get for a purchase is much lower in proportion to what you spend with more expensive items. You get 1 loyalty for a common ores at 5 shop vouchers, but only 5 loyalty for getting a greater blind bag at 100 vouchers! Also, the number of trading chits doesn't properly scale up with the difficulty of the contract.
The loyalty is based on 20 Vouchers = 1 Loyalty, and is rounded to the nearest. I didn't want the 5 voucher small shop items to not be worth loyalty at all.

The Trader Chit system originally was supposed to be about number of trades, not the difficulty of the trades.

Reputation systems right now also need to be redone, given how some of them have shifted since the pack started.

Finally, the prices seem a bit high for both ores and blind bags. Consider that it costs 50 silver to buy 2 iron ore, but turning in 2 diamonds only gets you 15! Alternately, some of the contract rewards should be increased. In particular, the ones for metal bars and gems are very low, given that it's very easy to make a big wheat farm but harder to get large quantities of ore.
Buying and Selling items is supposed to have a large difference, specifically due to Ore Multiplication techniques.

When you purchase Iron, you get Iron Ore, and with the proper setup, you can turn that into 5x Ingots, which is what you turn in. While its difficult to get that level, I have to take that into account.

Purchasing items is also supposed to be expensive in the long run, more used for 'I can't get this item elsewhere' or 'I just need one more of this right now so I don't mind paying extra'. The cost is mitigated by raising your Shop Loyalty ranking, so that Vouchers are cheaper.

EDIT : Hit submit too soon, sorry! I wanted to add that these systems are all needing a bit of rebalancing and retooling anyways, so feedback like this is appreciated. =)

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan.. can i update the draconic evolution? some things change.. like armor texture.. i update botania.. the new armor textures are so cool! *O*

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
A few issues with the quests: the prices seem a bit high for both ores and blind bags. Consider that it costs 50 silver to buy 2 iron ore, but turning in 2 diamonds only gets you 15! Alternately, some of the contract rewards should be increased. In particular, the ones for metal bars and gems are very low, given that it's very easy to make a big wheat farm but harder to get large quantities of ore.
selling can be characterized as giving a material u dont really need/want for its self but buy is obtaining a specific resource that u need or want possibly in a hurry
yes the originally rate of 10 coins to 1 voucher seems expensive as u advance ranks of shop loyalty the rate becomes more favorable , the best rate is lovely to have as global discount beats any other employee discount ive heard for this kind of variety (not spoiling the actual rate this easily)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan.. can i update the draconic evolution? some things change.. like armor texture.. i update botania.. the new armor textures are so cool! *O*
You update mods at your own risk, sometimes a mod might remove/change an item, and that 'could' break quest progression. I don't think Draconic Evolution removes items or changes mechanics in the newer versions though.

tigin88

Jul 29, 2019
I have really enjoyed this pack. I have invested several hours into a research lab and tech. I still have yet to touch any farms or magic.