[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm having a problem with the dreaded lag. I've told the FTB launcher to give me 4k, 6k, and--just to see what happened--2k of RAM. Everytime the lag grows exponentially as I play the game. I don't see any Project Zulu animals either. Using the pack straight out with Realistic world generation. Java updated to the latest jre 1.8.0 60. Lag also happens in Default world generation. Difficulty getting a crash report, but will play until I get one for you. Got it! Out of Memory Error and it looks like Zulu is the culprit.

@Caigan is there a way you can release an updated config folder for the pack to eliminate some of the duplications and irregularities?

It's the zulu fish causing the ticking error from that report. Try and disable them from the config and see if the pack runs for you.

BL0CKPARTY

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, Hoff! shouldexist=false for fisha, fishb and ripperfin (just in case since they are all watercreatures in the Project Zulu config file) seems to have worked in fixing my massive lag problem.

Reactions: Hoff

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Someone didn't want me to get into his tower:
2stvNi8.png

The surroundings are beatiful as well, finally a good place for a base:

2105Tds.jpg

aQwGnxJ.jpg

1ix7pOs.jpg

Solax

Jul 29, 2019
The surroundings are beatiful as well, finally a good place for a base:
Totally. Scenery is so amazing with RWG. I just can't decide where to build anything since it's always "greener" over the next hill. :D Tried to get a shot with 32 chunk radius but didn't quite get there, still so nice.
K7XiakI.jpg

In other topics I usually don't like to suggest any modification to packs since I see them as the creative products of their creators, but I'm just gonna make a small exception and throw this out here, http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ding. Way more useful than one would think. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOramgebananna

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATED CONFIG FILES FOR FORESTRY, AGRICRAFT, AND PROJECT ZULU

DOWNLOAD

To install :
  1. Close Minecraft if it is running.
  2. Download the file.
  3. Unzip it to the modpacks /minecraft/config folder, overwriting files it asks.
    1. To locate the folder in FTB Launcher
      1. Open FTB Launcher and select the FTB Modpack
      2. At the top center, hit Edit Modpack
      3. At the bottom left, click Open Folder. This will open up the /minecraft/mods/ for your FTB install.
      4. Navigate back to /minecraft/ to see all the other folders.
    2. To locate the folder in Curse Launcher
      1. Open the Curse client and select the modpack
      2. Near the top is a button [...]. Click it, and select Open Folder. This will open the /minecraft folder for the modpack
Fixes:
  • Forestry Oregen disabled
  • Agricraft config file rebuilt, some people were reporting Weeds starting to grow again.
  • Project Zulu fish a, fish b, and Ripperfin spawning disabled.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Since 0.1.1, each time I enter the game my tesseracts all temporarily stop working. Removing and replacing them, or opening the gui and clicking the check gets them working again.

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
A question for you, Caigan. Have you turned off Thaumcraft's taint? because the only way I can ever deal with it is to cheatmode in all those flowers and crap.... I really dislike Thaumcraft, and I'd just as soon remove it entirely. I'll admit that it's because I have NO FREAKING IDEA how to play it, but still... Thaumcraft 2 wasn't so bad, but ever since TC3, well..... I've had NO IDEA how to play it, and it just keeps getting worse, from what I hear.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Since 0.1.1, each time I enter the game my tesseracts all temporarily stop working. Removing and replacing them, or opening the gui and clicking the check gets them working again.
Odd, I'll look into this, sounds like a bug on Thermal's side that might be patched already.

A question for you, Caigan. Have you turned off Thaumcraft's taint? because the only way I can ever deal with it is to cheatmode in all those flowers and crap.... I really dislike Thaumcraft, and I'd just as soon remove it entirely. I'll admit that it's because I have NO FREAKING IDEA how to play it, but still... Thaumcraft 2 wasn't so bad, but ever since TC3, well..... I've had NO IDEA how to play it, and it just keeps getting worse, from what I hear.
Sorry, but I feel what you commonly hear is from the old school folks who remember when taint was removed, and when the mod was different and 'easier'. New items were added, new functions, and new mechanics to balance them.

Those same folks tend to forget that this isn't the first iterations of the Taint mechanic. It used to be more difficult to manage and remove if you didn't catch it early. If it spread far enough and built enough Taint vis in the area, might as well glass the chunks from orbit.

Now, that being said, I've done two things with taint in the pack already :
  1. Taint spread chances have been cut down somewhat heavily. It still exists and spreads, but much much slower than by default.
  2. Ethereal Blooms, which 'purify' Taint in an 8 block radius around it when you plant it, can be purchased from the Corporate Shop in the QUEST Tablet.

Reactions: An0nymuS

rikkisc

Jul 29, 2019
after updating the configs I receive this error report during initialisation

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Duplicate enchantment id! class tonius.simplyjetpacks.enchantment.EnchantmentFuelEfficiency and class pixlepix.auracascade.enchant.KaleidoscopeEnchantment Enchantment ID:110
at net.minecraft.enchantment.Enchantment.<init>(Enchantment.java:53)
at tonius.simplyjetpacks.enchantment.EnchantmentFuelEfficiency.<init>(EnchantmentFuelEfficiency.java:12)
at tonius.simplyjetpacks.setup.ModEnchantments.init(ModEnchantments.java:19)
at tonius.simplyjetpacks.SimplyJetpacks.init(SimplyJetpacks.java:58)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:737)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:311)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:552)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
after updating the configs I receive this error report during initialisation

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Duplicate enchantment id! class tonius.simplyjetpacks.enchantment.EnchantmentFuelEfficiency and class pixlepix.auracascade.enchant.KaleidoscopeEnchantment Enchantment ID:110
at net.minecraft.enchantment.Enchantment.<init>(Enchantment.java:53)
at tonius.simplyjetpacks.enchantment.EnchantmentFuelEfficiency.<init>(EnchantmentFuelEfficiency.java:12)
at tonius.simplyjetpacks.setup.ModEnchantments.init(ModEnchantments.java:19)
at tonius.simplyjetpacks.SimplyJetpacks.init(SimplyJetpacks.java:58)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:737)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:311)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:552)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
That's...odd, the configs I put up don't touch the aura cascade or simply jetpacks configs at all, and its enchants from those two mods that are conflicting.

Did you only overwrite the configs you copied over, or did you delete all the configs or something? =o It looks like the ID for the simply jetpacks fuel efficiency enchant got reset. Here is the proper config file.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
but ever since TC3, well..... I've had NO IDEA how to play it, and it just keeps getting worse, from what I hear.
id suggest taking some proactive steps and reading the thauminomicon it tells u how to do the research minigame and allloottt of other things about the blocks and constructs(u can read the cheatsheet version of the book if u want but id suggest doing it in a creative world not in a live/survival world (DO NOT open the cheat sheet in a survial world or thaumcraft will treat u like u already know the mod well and since u have no clue ,bad things will happen that u have little clue about ), then theres the other way watch some mod spotlights on thaumcraft

Reactions: An0nymuS

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
id suggest taking some proactive steps and reading the thauminomicon it tells u how to do the research minigame and allloottt of other things about the blocks and constructs(u can read the cheatsheet version of the book if u want but id suggest doing it in a creative world not in a live/survival world (DO NOT open the cheat sheet in a survial world or thaumcraft will treat u like u already know the mod well and since u have no clue ,bad things will happen that u have little clue about ), then theres the other way watch some mod spotlights on thaumcraft

I'd suggest never using thaumcraft ever again. I hate that mod so much :v

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I have no fear of gaia.

Probably because I won't ever go that far in botania but yeah.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
The spawn rate for tainted lands is WAY to high. In one area I've got about 5 separate instances of that thing within my relatively small render distance...

I probably just got stupidly unlucky, but it should be a chore to find a tainted biome, not a big chore, but a chore none-the-less.

Last edited:

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
The spawn rate for tainted lands is WAY to high. In one area I've got about 5 separate instances of that thing within my relatively small render distance...

I probably just got stupidly unlucky, but it should be a chore to find a tainted biome, not a big chore, but a chore none-the-less.
Seed and location?