[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, the update is out! I JUST woke up so I don't have the mental energy or time for a few hours to do a proper update log. One will come shortly =)

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm guesing with removeale of BOP a world reset is enforced or can RWG carry over the world?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So I'm guesing with removeale of BOP a world reset is enforced or can RWG carry over the world?

It probably wouldn't need a world reset unless you want the RWG terrain gen. Also BoP can be added back by those that want it with no compatibility issue with RWG.

E: Also I just re-read your post and a world reset probably would be required unless you manually added BoP back.

Also hola Busi o/

richardcrooks

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone able to confirm if in 0.1.1 wether the quest progesssion bug from the previous version has been fixed. Specifically on multiplayer/server start?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Just poked around a few new worlds, cant say I'm a fan of the green clay in mountains but I will live it it. Found a good map for the next season of Letsplay

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, its not required, but you might end up with some biomes empty of a grass layer (like the flower field biome). If your house/base was made of BoP wood, it will also be gone.

It's basically down to aesthetic choice, its not REQUIRED (no game breaking issues I could find, other than it might take a while to load up your old world due to the number of items and blocks removed)

Is anyone able to confirm if in 0.1.1 wether the quest progesssion bug from the previous version has been fixed. Specifically on multiplayer/server start?
I haven't encountered and nobody doing the testing has reported requiring an HQM reset. If that changes, I"ll let everyone know.

Solax

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intended that both TE and Forestry ores are generated? I kinda doubt it, it's weird that there's multiple types of same ore in the ground.

I love Realistic World Generation, it creates such great landscapes though it is annoying that you have to travel thousands of blocks to find anything but snow, but that's _realistic_ for sure. :D

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
Thought about adding in power converters? as a way to convert eu / joules / rf?

Currently there is only mekanism or EnderIO but that only support smaller builds

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intended that both TE and Forestry ores are generated? I kinda doubt it, it's weird that there's multiple types of same ore in the ground.
Hm thats odd, I could have sworn I disabled Forestry ore gen quite a while back.

Thought about adding in power converters? as a way to convert eu / joules / rf?

Currently there is only mekanism or EnderIO but that only support smaller builds
AFAIK, the 'smaller build' thing with mekanism/enderIO isn't as much of a problem anymore as it used to be, due to updates to both mods. I could be wrong though.

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
Hm thats odd, I could have sworn I disabled Forestry ore gen quite a while back.

AFAIK, the 'smaller build' thing with mekanism/enderIO isn't as much of a problem anymore as it used to be, due to updates to both mods. I could be wrong though.

I'm thinking the amount of power both mods cables can transfer is nothing compared to what like ic2 can generate or the other way around the amount of power lets say mass fabs use and big reactors output can't be combined

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I'm thinking the amount of power both mods cables can transfer is nothing compared to what like ic2 can generate or the other way around the amount of power lets say mass fabs use and big reactors output can't be combined
the ultimate energy cable can do 320k J/t this means the amount of eu u can push through it is 32k eu/t to supply that much the drain in rf would be 128k rf/t the the big reactor ud need to supply that much would be massive (for scope a 5*5*20 reactor with 5 fuel rod columns soaked in ender is around 43k rf/t )

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
the ultimate energy cable can do 320k J/t this means the amount of eu u can push through it is 32k eu/t to supply that much the drain in rf would be 128k rf/t the the big reactor ud need to supply that much would be massive (for scope a 5*5*20 reactor with 5 fuel rod columns soaked in ender is around 43k rf/t )
Yet Mekanism Cables have it with bug out and disable them self and needs to be replaced, every single one of them

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Yet Mekanism Cables have it with bug out and disable them self and needs to be replaced, every single one of them
the point i was saying is that they do have more then enough capacity to handle giant lvls of power i was not talking what so ever about something else,
like a flaw that can be taken as a design constraint that u using many of them will have its down side so u design for using a minimal amount of them if there is that kind of issue

Solax

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking it's just me somehow since no one else is reporting that. I did got a fresh copy of 0.1.1., added Optifine and disabled Morph, nothing else to note. But I'll investigate.

EDIT: Yeah don't know why, but config/forestry has almost duplicate configs for common and fluids, .cfg and .conf. The one with .cfg had ore gen false but .conf had it true. Go figure.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking it's just me somehow since no one else is reporting that. I did got a fresh copy of 0.1.1., added Optifine and disabled Morph, nothing else to note. But I'll investigate.

EDIT: Yeah don't know why, but config/forestry has almost duplicate configs for common and fluids, .cfg and .conf. The one with .cfg had ore gen false but .conf had it true. Go figure.

EDIT2: Removed everything and trying from scratch one more time...
I think I know what might be going on here. For forestry 4, the config file format was changed from .conf to .cfg. It's probably a safe bet that updating the mod was made to autoconvert existing config files to the .cfg format, and as such, if @Caigan tried to update to forestry 4, the configs would've been converted. However, based on what you're saying, it looks like the version in the release is still using the .conf files, which makes me think that some issue (probably some other mod not yet supporting forestry 4 and crashing on startup or somesuch) led to the decision to revert to the latest forestry 3. This version would of course be unable to read the now converted .cfg files, and as such would generate fresh copies of the .conf files to use, with no tweaks made whatsoever, resulting in the oregen being enabled, something that would be very easy to not notice happening.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'll consider power converters, not sure though.

This version would of course be unable to read the now converted .cfg files, and as such would generate fresh copies of the .conf files to use, with no tweaks made whatsoever, resulting in the oregen being enabled, something that would be very easy to not notice happening.
This is indeed what happened, thank you for the information!

I didn't realize Forestry converted the configs (and deleted the previous ones it appears?) And since many of the cross mods had issues when I upgraded to the new Forestry 4, I had reverted back to the latest Forestry 3.

TheEpic5

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason the title screen gui won't work for me.
How do I disable the (although epic) title screen custom gui?
- by titlescreen I mean after you load up the modpack, with the singleplayer, multiplayer, settings, etc.

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason the title screen gui won't work for me.
How do I disable the (although epic) title screen custom gui?
- by titlescreen I mean after you load up the modpack, with the singleplayer, multiplayer, settings, etc.

That's odd! Is it not responsive if you wait a few more minutes? I've noticed with the new forge loading stuff, the Custom Menu will appear earlier than expected, but the pack is still loading in the background.

You can disable it by disabling CustomMainMenu mod.

BL0CKPARTY

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with the dreaded lag. I've told the FTB launcher to give me 4k, 6k, and--just to see what happened--2k of RAM. Everytime the lag grows exponentially as I play the game. I don't see any Project Zulu animals either. Using the pack straight out with Realistic world generation. Java updated to the latest jre 1.8.0 60. Lag also happens in Default world generation. Difficulty getting a crash report, but will play until I get one for you. Got it! Out of Memory Error and it looks like Zulu is the culprit.

@Caigan is there a way you can release an updated config folder for the pack to eliminate some of the duplications and irregularities?

Attachments

• crash-2015-10-03_12.58.41-server.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited: