[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

GravityLens

Jul 29, 2019
  • MODS UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR THE AXE
    • Biomes O Plenty
  • NEW MODS
    • OpenComputers
    • Storage Drawers

Biomes O plenty might be hard to replace. It's been a little while since I've looked at other terrain mods, but about a year ago Biomes o plenty was the clear leader. Have the others progressed?

I love the new mod additions, Storage Drawers and OpenComputers in particular. Great choices.

Ok, I'll be that guy. Caigan thank you so much for your amazing work. Is there much left to be done for the next update?

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest I don't like playing with Biomes O Plenty. Although they do offer some new terrain I find it just doesn't seem worth playing with. None of the blocks are chiselable, some biomes are just covered in food/other and it just doesn't feel like actual Minecraft for me.

Only thing is, it really makes the Nether a good place to visit! All those Nether Biomes break up how boring the Nether can be.

Also with Dense Ores, I think it works well with the pack, especially how many ores there are. I would even do so far as to say to fully enable all ores withing the mod. I don't come across any Dense Tin, Copper, Gold and Diamond ores, and with how ore-heavy this mod it that seems like a shame. It would just encourage more automation and if we don't want to use BC/EU quarries it fits that play-style better.

Breadcrumbs I like, but I have probably killed you twenty times now.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
removing binne's mod would probably kill any desire for me to do bees(magic bees is not enough) after the change to flux crystals and completely incinerate any chance of me doing tree breeding

removing bop sounds like making a mess of existing worlds

removing dense ores means much less point of me doing manual mining (i just prefer it )
(the fact that i have a digi miner is purely because how annoyingly rare gold was for what it is ,the fact it helped with ae2 metors (fast metor center finding)was a side benefit that popped up later )

Last edited:

prager4

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I am planing to make a new world after the update anyways because there is a structures mod that will be added. (Forgot what it was called)

Jul 29, 2019

Even with us not using BOP in our worlds under the "additional options" or whatever it was, there is still world generation at play. Every single vanilla biome has something to do with BoP in it, plus it still affects the nether.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Even with us not using BOP in our worlds under the "additional options" or whatever it was, there is still world generation at play. Every single vanilla biome has something to do with BoP in it, plus it still affects the nether.
thats kinda what im saying(but not really) if bop is removed there will probably be a scar like look in the places where some bop stuff used to be this is especially bad in the nether where some of the floors are made of a very high percent bop material

basically it will look a bit bad in the places there used to be stuff but not anymore

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes O plenty might be hard to replace. It's been a little while since I've looked at other terrain mods, but about a year ago Biomes o plenty was the clear leader. Have the others progressed?
As far as I've seen, looking into it, ExtraBiomesXL + ATG is a very good alternative. Something like RWG is close but might still have issues with certain biomes from mods we have.

Don't drop binnie's mods! I love all those bees and trees, it gives a reason to go into forestry breeding!
removing binne's mod would probably kill any desire for me to do bees
Okay, I'll nix Binnies Mods from the list, it'll stay.

There aren't many 'ground layer' extra blocks added by BoP, its mostly flora on top of it. Most trees in it have their own wood, so you won't end up with just oak log spears everywhere (If anyone played with Dye Trees before and then removed it, yeah, like that lol).

removing dense ores means much less point of me doing manual mining (i just prefer it )
Don't forget, right now I only have vanilla ores configured as well.

(Forgot what it was called)
Recurrent Complex.

If BOP is removed then it means new world/restart?
Nah, it'd remove BoP trees, flora, and blocks. Any BoP Biome gets converted to a default biome.

basically it will look a bit bad in the places there used to be stuff but not anymore
I'll probably generate a test world and fly around in overworld and nether, then remove BoP and see how it looks.

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan, is there a need for world restart on your upcoming update? I wanted to restart but if there's a need to restart I'll hold back before play on a new map

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone should remember one thing. Caigan can't please everyone. Personally I say remove BOP and don't put in any other world gen mod. They screw a lot of things up. Keep it vanilla world. A few other mods already add in new bioms.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

GravityLens

Jul 29, 2019
Some people find vanilla gen unplayable (myself included), but I'm open minded to change. I would love to try out atg + biomesxl it sounds interesting.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing a custom pack of my own making with vanilla gen (because I made the pack for my kids) and I was surprised by how much it's improved from what I remember. If you haven't looked in a while, you might try it out.

As for my own general preferences, I used to be a big fan of all the various biome mods but I find that most of them just add too much. Any of them that are toned down in some way, or add less new biomes, would be good in my book. I like the different things but it's hard to find the one thing you want when there's fifty possibilities out there, you know?

Asura_San

Jul 29, 2019
tbh BOP it looks good..but it adds a bit to much its overwhelming sometimes, that it can slow things down by a bit and its worse on "some" servers.