[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

noogenesis

Jul 29, 2019
One issue with ExtraBiomesXL is that it does not use the biome dictionary as well as it should, so things like bees and PHC gardens don't generate as you would expect. You can use the BiomeTweaker mod to fix it though.

Here is how it registers the biomes, which is using terms from the 1.6.4 dictionary, which was greatly expanded and reworked for 1.7.10.

http://extrabiomes.com/2014/05/biomedictionary-types/

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Some people find vanilla gen unplayable (myself included), but I'm open minded to change. I would love to try out atg + biomesxl it sounds interesting.
Oh I so want RWG now, even if it didn't make the list I think I will add it myself
Any of them that are toned down in some way, or add less new biomes, would be good in my book. I like the different things but it's hard to find the one thing you want when there's fifty possibilities out there, you know?

What I'm considering is dropping BoP and not replacing it with ExtraBiomesXL at all...instead I will JUST go with RWG (As looking into it, its now got support for the mods I was worried about, and with Lycanites gone I don't have to worry about it), or ATG.

This is still just in consideration stages, I need to test new worlds generated with both to see how I feel they work out.

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
Caigen, if I may:
If your going to remove biomes o plenty, please add in something like natura. Natura is a good middle-mod for biomes o' plenty and default world gen. It adds in some unique flora and a few things that make the biomes feel "new", but doesn't go so far as biomes o plenty, and still adds in some cool world gen.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigen, if I may:
If your going to remove biomes o plenty, please add in something like natura. Natura is a good middle-mod for biomes o' plenty and default world gen. It adds in some unique flora and a few things that make the biomes feel "new", but doesn't go so far as biomes o plenty, and still adds in some cool world gen.

Natura is already in the pack =)

Asura_San

Jul 29, 2019
I like making homes in robust trees (aka the ones from twlight forest) if your up for the task of finding the sapling in the chest :p

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
What I'm considering is dropping BoP and not replacing it with ExtraBiomesXL at all...instead I will JUST go with RWG (As looking into it, its now got support for the mods I was worried about, and with Lycanites gone I don't have to worry about it), or ATG.

This is still just in consideration stages, I need to test new worlds generated with both to see how I feel they work out.
Quote from the first post:
Don't forget to generate your world with Biomes O Plenty! Also be sure to check the Known Issues spoiler as well!

So... If BOP is going to be removed, and all our worlds are BoP worlds... that means that we WILL have to restart all our worlds...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
so i was playing around last night and died from fall dmg while morphed as a flying mob (yes im post nether ) i swear all flying morphs gave fall dmg immunity but i digress the nice thing i found when i got back to my grave was apparently my tinkers pick "broke" when i died,
so i wondered why that had happened apparently this config is enabled in tinkers , "Tools lose 10% durability on death"=true ,so if this was not set by the glorious Caigan any chance we could have this little inconvenience of having to fix tinkers items because of a death (it deals dmg straight to the tool ignoring any flux modifier)
Since we have been talkin about changes i felt it was a decent time to ask for a smaller one.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So... If BOP is going to be removed, and all our worlds are BoP worlds... that means that we WILL have to restart all our worlds...
No, it doesn't. It'll default to normal world generation.

so i wondered why that had happened apparently this config is enabled in tinkers , "Tools lose 10% durability on death"=true ,so if this was not set by the glorious Caigan any chance we could have this little inconvenience of having to fix tinkers items because of a death (it deals dmg straight to the tool ignoring any flux modifier)
Huh odd, didn't realize that was a setting. Yeah I'll change that.

ATOG

Jul 29, 2019
Pack looks realy cool to play

is it done or stil actifly worked on

is it ready for me to play