[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Has the drop rate for tinkers hearts been nerfed at all? In my blaze grinder I got 5 blaze trophies in the time it took me to get 1 red heart. I ended up using yellow hearts converted down for red hearts since bosses are pretty common.

manevilus

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, are TC tools not supposed to gain anything upon skill/xp Gain? When I go from clumsy to comfortable, no modifiers/etc. gained...

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, are TC tools not supposed to gain anything upon skill/xp Gain? When I go from clumsy to comfortable, no modifiers/etc. gained...
You don't get something from every level.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Has the drop rate for tinkers hearts been nerfed at all? In my blaze grinder I got 5 blaze trophies in the time it took me to get 1 red heart. I ended up using yellow hearts converted down for red hearts since bosses are pretty common.

Huh, I've been monstrously lucky to the point I thought they were buffed. If you want what I do, get a looting III cleaver (well, anything, but I like the damage and head drops) and become the scourge of the Nether. Pigmen are especially good targets if you can fly, considering how they spawn in decent groups and gang up on you. Or, as I've just discovered, once you beat the Enderdragon, you can grind endermen in the End. Granted, I'd recommend a cleaver that does 20+ damage per hit so as to 2-hit kill most of the endermen (other than infernal ones, which are annoying at best). Plus, if @Caigan ever adds in a contract where we can turn in enderpearls, you can make a fortune off of the ones you get (that said, bring some backpacks or bags of holding for those pearls, or even a deep storage unit).

What I do is I pop into the End, find a good area that has a few large groups of endermen in range, fly up beyond potion-chucking distance (stupid alchemist endermen), and look at all the soon-to-be victims I can. They all flip out and mob up underneath me, and I can just spam my cleaver until they're all dead (Botania ring of magnetism strongly recommended here). Plus, I get all the enderman heads and creepy flesh (for researchology) I could ever want, along with enderman trophies and a good bit of creation clay, and the occasional mystery dimlet. Plus, if you're doing bees that need to be in the End and/or you want MORE pearls for some reason (looking at you, EnderIO), then you can set up ender lilies while you're there. I wanna say their growth time is super slow, but if you're on a server and other people are visiting the End, it'd be a pretty nice thing to do, if nothing else; "Hey, you're that guy that set up all those ender lilies for everyone, thanks man!"

Either way, endermen are my new go-to heart-machine, not that I really need any right now.

Also @Caigan I seem to be having issues inserting ProjectRed-Transportation inventory chips into the Router Utility. Granted, it's been awhile since I've used ProjectRed (so I may well be trying to do something that doesn't work anymore), and I may just be derping up on my end, so I'll try reloading things and see if that fixes it.

Restarting client didn't fix, and I've tried all forms of clicking (including scrolling the mouse wheel), as well two different all the chips. Nothing gets them into the utility, and a cheated in utility doesn't accept them either. It will accept the upgrades (well, I only tested LX, but that's not the issue I'm having), but that's pointless considering that I need the chip in there to upgrade.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, haven't changed drop rate on these at all.

no change in error
Uh weird. Send me a copy of your level.dat file please. its located in your world save. It looks like one of the items in Ferret Shinies is erroring you as its trying to render, and I don't know which one.

Tool level bonuses are spread out, since there 100 tool levels. If I gave one every tool level, they'd definitely be broken. =)

Also @Caigan I seem to be having issues inserting ProjectRed-Transportation inventory chips into the Router Utility
Not sure if you are doing it wrong or if its something fixed in Project Red update, as I remember changelog mentioning something about chips.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you are doing it wrong or if its something fixed in Project Red update, as I remember changelog mentioning something about chips.

Well, last I used the chips and router (back when Attack of the B Team was popular), all you had to do was put one at a time (or multiple, it'd still only take one) into a router utility's center slot. Then, you could use the left and right slots to put your X/Y/Z upgrades, and you could use the little rounded squares to set various things, dependent on the type of chip. I can't even put them into the router, but I don't really know what the router would be good for if that's intended, or what the upgrades would be going into. I'll try accessing chips that are already in pipes, since I recall that having been an option, but I don't see why a player would be forced to do it like that.

Intriguing, the chips also won't enter the routed interface pipe's interface.

AHH! I figured it out. You can right click the chips to open their GUIs so you can set how they work (whitelist, blacklist, etc.) and apparently you have to do that before pipes and the router utility will accept them. Mystery solved!

@Caigan since you're making a custom machine for turning quests in, may I request another custom one (or have the functionality built into the custom machine, I don't know how you'd want to handle it) to automatically convert coins into bags, considering how a lot of the contracts give less than a bag's worth of coins?

Last edited:

gukliuyk

Jul 29, 2019
Okay odd. For some reason, you got an item from Ferret Shinies that doesn't exist (Null token metadata 55, there are only 54 valid items) on the ground near you, so its trying to render somethign that doesn't exist by what I can tell. Do you know how to use MCEdit to clear dropped entities?
no but ill figure it out next time im on my battlestation.

Jul 29, 2019

Tinker's Tools for this modpack has had it's levels expanded to 100

I think you get a modifier slot at 10, 20, 30 etc
You get an actual Modifier at 5, 15, 25 or something.

I honestly don't know the spread.

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
How to farm Magical Crops in this modpack?
We dont have Reliquary for Lily Pads of Fertility, and we dont have compatibility Agricraft and with most good soils like Garden soil from Ztones.
Agricraft`s xbreeding - only the way for making seeds after quest for random one?
How to harvest? Farm station, Harvester or golems?

Damn, i read previous posts about Magical crops after post. So i little confused about what peoples want and what this modpack enables. "NERF ALL"?
What the mainline of Ferret Buisiness? Help corporation with research and resourses, do quests with hundreds of ways. How? Its really own decision.
Magical Crops too easy? Dont use it.
Any kind of flight too easy? Lol, dont use it.
Dont like Quarries? The same.

For example. I dont like Mekanism, cuz 2 hours in new world and you will craft Digital Miner wich allows get any metall too easy. I never use it again. What a reason.

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
How to farm Magical Crops in this modpack?
Like any normal Vanilla crop, or with the use of Agricraft.
We dont have Reliquary for Lily Pads of Fertility, and we dont have compatibility Agricraft and with most good soils like Garden soil from Ztones.
Okay? Thanks for the information we already had?
Agricraft`s xbreeding - only the way for making seeds after quest for random one?
If you'd read the quests, you'd know they're repeatable, and after you do them, others open up to trade in duplicate seeds for a random seed. Or, if you wanted to do things without Agricraft, you can just farm the seeds normally and hope. Agricraft is obviously recommended, though.
Harvester, Progressive Automation's planter (granted, the upgrades seemed really wonky), golems, autonomous activators, and I'm sure there are others.

DISCLAIMER: I ain't the modpack dev.

Dakian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm anyone that is able to help me here?
After i got the crash from page 8 in the guide the pack just crashes randomly and i am not even in contact with the book/guide.
Anyone know what is causing this?

BTW Awesome modpack ;D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I just haven't gotten around to adding the various custom soils to the list.

Right now you can use agricraft or vanilla to multiply, but I'm probably going to change that in the next version. I'm going to see about at least removing the mutations for better stats.
Many farm stations, harvesters, golems have support for both standard vanilla way of harvesting magical crops, and with agricraft cropsticks.

Also, all store quests and contracts are repeatable.

So i little confused about what peoples want and what this modpack enables. "NERF ALL"?
If I wanted to nerf everything, I wouldn't have included Magical Crops, Draconic Evolution, Tinker's Construct/ExtraTiC, Big Reactors, or a bunch of other mods.

That being said, I have to consider balance in the pack as a whole.

What the mainline of Ferret Buisiness? Help corporation with research and resourses, do quests with hundreds of ways. How? Its really own decision.
And you are free to change configs, add mods, etc as you see fit. =)

As the modpack dev, my job is to make an interesting pack, and in my opinion keep some sort of balance among things. Especially if there will be public/semi public servers using my pack. That doesn't mean I nerf everything I can to make things difficult, it means I balance things to keep the pack interesting in an overall sense for the standard player.

Hmm anyone that is able to help me here?
After i got the crash from page 8 in the guide the pack just crashes randomly and i am not even in contact with the book/guide.
Hm, could you post a crash log for this? It might not be the same exact crash.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
ALSO TO NOTE FOR EVERYONE

Its just about moving time for me, so I'll be responding a whole lot more sporadically for the next two weeks, as its getting hectic and stressful right now. I'll do my best to help with issues and bug reports.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
ALSO TO NOTE FOR EVERYONE

Its just about moving time for me, so I'll be responding a whole lot more sporadically for the next two weeks, as its getting hectic and stressful right now. I'll do my best to help with issues and bug reports.
Hope it goes smoothly for you!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hope it goes smoothly for you!
Thank you =)

SERVER OWNERS - RFTOOLS DIMENSION BUILD DISABLING

I whipped this script up real quick for Aknot but will make it available to everyone. If you run a server for the modpack and want to restrict RFTool Dimension building to admin only, then download this and place it into your /scripts/ folder. If the server is still running, have an op run the /minetweaker reload command to activate the new script =).

This will disable recipes for the handful of machines and the instruction booklet on making and and powering new dimensions. You won't be able to get Dimensional Shards, but an Admin can figure out how to give them out or supply them for players on their own.

To re-enable machines, just delete the .zs file and do /minetweaker reload again.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Well. @Caigan thanks for this, unless it was an accident. Know those blind bags? Apparently, one of the Extra Utilities ones has the chance for a Nether Star Generator. An x64 compacted one. So yeah. My day is made, and I've just started into the epic bags I've had lying around. Over a dozen more left of those, and over a dozen legendaries. Did I ever mention that I adore these blind bags? Because I adore these blind bags.

EDIT: And now a block of bedrockium, this is bloody amazing. Welp, now I can't put off that dynamism tablet so's I can turbocharge my coal/diamond farm (bedrockium for the reinforced watering can, if it's not clear, and the coal is to power the autocraftering setup and Progressive Automation harvester; I also got a soul shard or whatever it is from a blind bag ages ago, so that's also super nifty). Seriously, though, I love how the top tiers of blind bags feel. Plus, they seem weighted/distributed right so that I don't feel like I'm getting tons of stuff I shouldn't be. Like, I'm getting the occasional "holy balls this is glorious" thing, but it's not too often and it still feels rare enough.

Last edited: