[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, pastebin didn't like how long it was. Good news, I have Google Drive, so I jury-rigged it and pasted the log there. (It's 400 and change pages, sorry.)

EDIT: I ought to mention that I've tried to enter my world multiple times, and I've restarted client a couple times as well, so I've no idea what's going on. I'll pop into my world for a few seconds before it loads (I can see my waypoints and my hotbar has stuff in it), but I'll be kicked before the world can load in. I tried losing focus before I spawned in, and the game didn't kick me until I unpaused. That's all I've got in terms of helpful info, I believe.

Hmm...did you try putting, say, a bag of holding into a backpack, or any bag of items into another bag of items, by chance?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...did you try putting, say, a bag of holding into a backpack, or any bag of items into another bag of items, by chance?

Ahh, yeah, I do have a couple backpacks in a bag of holding, but that's never been an issue beforehand. Any way to recover what's in 'em? I've got my TiCon tools and a bunch of blind bags in them.

EDIT: I may be able to salvage things. I can keep my world open just long enough to mess with my own inventory. (Also, sorry about the slow response, I was wrestling with other stuff and got absorbed in it.)

EDIT EDIT: Nopes, the bag won't open in time.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, yeah, I do have a couple backpacks in a bag of holding, but that's never been an issue beforehand. Any way to recover what's in 'em? I've got my TiCon tools and a bunch of blind bags in them.

EDIT: I may be able to salvage things. I can keep my world open just long enough to mess with my own inventory. (Also, sorry about the slow response, I was wrestling with other stuff and got absorbed in it.)
Basically what you've run into is why you don't put a Bag of Holding into a Portable Hole, or vice versa. In D&D this causes Astral Plane rips and all that fun stuff.

In modpacks...well, say a single item is listed as : Minecraft:box:0:1 (metadata 0, 1 count). A backpack with 2 items would be : Minecraft:backpack:0:1{Minecraft:box:0:1,Minecraft:bin:0:1] ((this is dependant on how the bag is coded, but many bags use this sort of method))

Now, imagine a backpack with 50 items, and one of those items is another bag with 30 items, and one of those items is a box with 10 items.

The item is sent as a single Packet of data....if the packet is too large, minecraft basically says "no, sorry" and kicks you out.

Welcome to the Astral Plane. Except instead of creating a Rift to it, you've created one right back to your desktop.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Either you'll need to use an NBT editor and attempt to separate the items out, but I don't understand the NBT structure well enough to advise you how to do that.

Or you'll have to go into your world folder and delete your inventory file.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Basically what you've run into is why you don't put a Bag of Holding into a Portable Hole, or vice versa. In D&D this causes Astral Plane rips and all that fun stuff.

In modpacks...well, say a single item is listed as : Minecraft:box:0:1 (metadata 0, 1 count). A backpack with 2 items would be : Minecraft:backpack:0:1{Minecraft:box:0:1,Minecraft:bin:0:1] ((this is dependant on how the bag is coded, but many bags use this sort of method))

Now, imagine a backpack with 50 items, and one of those items is another bag with 30 items, and one of those items is a box with 10 items.

The item is sent as a single Packet of data....if the packet is too large, minecraft basically says "no, sorry" and kicks you out.

Welcome to the Astral Plane. Except instead of creating a Rift to it, you've created one right back to your desktop.

Ahh. Any way to fix this, or do I lose my backpacks?

EDIT: And now we know that you're a ninja.

Reactions: Pudding01

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've no idea what I'm really doing in the NBT editor I've found (by @jaquadro ) but I have found the bag of holding and the backpacks inside of it (well, I think I did; I expanded something, and that had some stuff underneath, two of which were backpacks, so I can only assume). Next up, figure out how to sneak those into my inventory (or at least one, if only so I minimize the chance of ruining everything).

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've no idea what I'm really doing in the NBT editor I've found (by @jaquadro ) but I have found the bag of holding and the backpacks inside of it (well, I think I did; I expanded something, and that had some stuff underneath, two of which were backpacks, so I can only assume). Next up, figure out how to sneak those into my inventory (or at least one, if only so I minimize the chance of ruining everything).
Make backups before saving. And backups of backups. And good luck!

Reactions: StellarPatois

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Make backups before saving. And backups of backups. And good luck!

Oh yeah, I've backed up my playerdata, and that's what I need to edit. That said, I'm starting to understand the syntax. I've already copied over one of the backpacks and deleted the "original" one, so to speak; all I need to do now is figure out how to save this correctly and see what happens.

EDIT: Realized I had to go through level.dat instead of playerdata; checking now to see how things go...
And it's still not working. I've no clue what's going on. Either the backpacks themselves are too full (which I think is unlikely) or I'm not saving things correctly. Either way, I'll poke at it some more, either tonight or tomorrow; maybe get some more knowledgeable help on this. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Caigan.
The good news is that my changes took hold; the bags are now sitting in my inventory like they should be.

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Can we do bag of holding holding a backpack.

Considering how a bag of holding doesn't actually have an internal inventory to store items, I'ma guess yes.

EDIT: Whoops, I misread that as blind bag. You can, but it may cause issues is the correct answer.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
-5 supply contracts
-17 a red world
-18 computational matrix
-20 the power of steve
-21 so many tools
-22 the power of red

are unlocked but empty
How far into the quest book are you? Some quests require you to complete other quests before things show up.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
-5 supply contracts
-17 a red world
-18 computational matrix
-20 the power of steve
-21 so many tools
-22 the power of red

are unlocked but empty

The only one that should have stuff is supply contracts, and that takes awhile to unlock stuff. Lemme reiterate here, this is a WIP modpack; Caigan's already made chapters for questlines that he hasnt started yet, so they'll be empty till he gets to them.

The quests you had to do in Initial Research to unlock most of those even said that the associated questline wasn't complete yet, but you could do the Initial Research quest for them anyway so it'd be ready when there were quests. Said it on every one like that, last I recall.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
-5 supply contracts
-17 a red world
-18 computational matrix
-20 the power of steve
-21 so many tools
-22 the power of red

are unlocked but empty
Yeah, there are no quests but placeholders in there for my use in HQM edit mode right now. Every quest page has them, but for some reason SOME of the quest pages become selectable for players when they shouldn't, while others remained closed.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there are no quests but placeholders in there for my use in HQM edit mode right now. Every quest page has them, but for some reason SOME of the quest pages become selectable for players when they shouldn't, while others remained closed.

Well, if it's of any use to you, every chapter that doesn't have its own questline is open to me, but empty. Except for the two (I assume) starting quests in Potluck; they each ask for the roman numeral I tile-thing that's in Ferret Shinies.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if it's of any use to you, every chapter that doesn't have its own questline is open to me, but empty. Except for the two (I assume) starting quests in Potluck; they each ask for the roman numeral I tile-thing that's in Ferret Shinies.
Oh huh, odd, okay I thought some weren't activating yet even if they did get their initial quest finished. Oh well.

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome updates. I read manual about my troubles and i hope ill fix them today.

Last edited:

Minefinity

Jul 29, 2019
I installed Sphax PureBD and the patch that Minefinity just posted and I got this crash: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/0f1d5f67

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Allocate more memory.
You can do that in your FTB Launcher -> Options.
You use 2GB right now thats a bit low and the 128x pack to high for that.
And/or use a lower res. pack if that dosnt help.

My recommendation:
  • 32x - 2 to 3 GB
  • 64x - 3 to 4 GB
  • 128x - 4 to 8 GB

EDIT: If someone has a problem with the resourcepack please use the thread on bdcraft.net, write me a pm here or use our minefinity forum.
So we dont spam here on Caigans thread.

Last edited: