[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Removed mods:
- Fastcraft
- MobiusCore
- Opis
Hm, yeah sounds like these'd be Cauldron issues. Was supposedly an Opis update in the works I think to fix some issues, but no sign of it yet.

Dimensional Anchors
Geting a error ingame, no console message:
Noticed this occasionally too. I'm still looking for a mod that has customizable fuels for a good working chunkloader that isn't part of a giant mod (like railcraft).

Compact Machines
Sometimes if you place a new machine its linked to a existing room or it place a smaler room in the other one.
This is very strange, and I'm wondering if its a cauldron issue or a compact machine issue, but I'm thinking it MIGHT be the latter due to other reports over the last few versions.

HQM
If you join a party your questprogress will be resteted after a serverrestart and you get kicked out of your party.
This looks to be partially a cauldron issue, but partially an issue with current HQM thats being worked on in the massive rewrite/update.

Minefinity

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, yeah sounds like these'd be Cauldron issues. Was supposedly an Opis update in the works I think to fix some issues, but no sign of it yet.
Fastcraft dosnt work with cauldron. thats normal.
We dont need/use opis so its removed but it woud work with 1388.

Noticed this occasionally too. I'm still looking for a mod that has customizable fuels for a good working chunkloader that isn't part of a giant mod (like railcraft).
I woud love to see chicken chunks but there arnt many options with fuel.

This is very strange, and I'm wondering if its a cauldron issue or a compact machine issue, but I'm thinking it MIGHT be the latter due to other reports over the last few versions.
I cant find any report about thise issue and problem is i cant reproduse it.
It hapens to 4 players incuding me. No serverlags/errores at this moments, no specific order of old rooms taking over. Its all random what i can see.
Destroying all machines linkt to a "corrupted" room doesnt help either.
As soon as the chunk get loaded it starts with the errore.

This looks to be partially a cauldron issue, but partially an issue with current HQM thats being worked on in the massive rewrite/update.
Not mutch i can do right now. We will see what happens with the next update.

Newest cauldron version dosnt help. We are now back to 1388.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Fastcraft dosnt work with cauldron. thats normal.
Oh, that I didn't know. I'm curious, does COFHTweaks? (v28 is the one thta seems to work best with the pack)

I woud love to see chicken chunks but there arnt many options with fuel.
That and I've seen regularly that how chickenchunks handles chunkloading causes issues, most notably lately is that it(along with MFR and sometimes Railcraft) breaks Botania stuff that's chunkloaded, though 190 fixes that somewhat, but not completely.

I cant find any report about thise issue and problem is i cant reproduse it.
Are any of them using ones spawned from a blind bag or from NEI, vs ones crafted by hand?

Minefinity

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that I didn't know. I'm curious, does COFHTweaks? (v28 is the one thta seems to work best with the pack)
I will test that for you but i dont think so.
Cauldron is forge+spigot. I think all performance changes from spigot doesnt do well with mods that have the same purpose.

Are any of them using ones spawned from a blind bag or from NEI, vs ones crafted by hand?
I have used blindbag and crafting ones. But i cant tell witch one casing it. sorry :(

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
No need to be sorry! I'm just sad there's still stuff causing issues in the pack. We'll hopefully get it sorted out. =)

--------

Oh right, were people wanting MORE things to buy in the shop?

KRZs1LJ.png

Keep in mind, these are only one layer to an icon, they will have crate and whatnot backgrounds to them in the end.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh right, were people wanting MORE things to buy in the shop?

Ooh, that looks cool. I probably won't use it unless there's stuff you can exclusively get there, but that's because I'm the kind of guy that never uses the special combo/rage/whatever bar in games because "I can make do with my normal attacks now/I might need it more later." Granted, I have been buying diamond shipments because I don't have the plants/other diamond-gen stuff set up yet and I really don't want to go on a massive mining trip and overload my lesser-used resources. (I still have a ton of nether metals other than gold and iron from my last mining trip, not to mention some of the gem and dust ores.)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I probably won't use it unless there's stuff you can exclusively get there
Its mostly stuff you can make/get yourself, but its there as a way to buy things or not waste resources, especially if you aren't going down a particular mod path right now (like if you were hoping to get Dark Steel something).

Its also for those situations of "Oh darnit, I'm deep in another world, don't want to teleport home, but I need a high level axe/pickaxe real quick...Oh I have some spare money! *buy*

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Its mostly stuff you can make/get yourself, but its there as a way to buy things or not waste resources, especially if you aren't going down a particular mod path right now (like if you were hoping to get Dark Steel something).

Its also for those situations of "Oh darnit, I'm deep in another world, don't want to teleport home, but I need a high level axe/pickaxe real quick...Oh I have some spare money! *buy*

Ahh, that's pretty cool. I can totally see myself buying certain items instead of investing in the stuff to make the stuff to make them. Plus, I have a tendency to want to complete all the quests, so I'll likely get at least one of each shipment at some point.

Jul 29, 2019
With me using TC buying weapons is more aligned with "I might need to buy a material" but hey it adds accessibility with other players.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
That's the downside with TC. It basically voids all other tools and weapons in a pack.
Until you hit stuff like the Draconic Evolution or Blood Magic Bound ones =) Or a properly powered up Terra Shatterer is crazy too.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Until you hit stuff like the Draconic Evolution or Blood Magic Bound ones =) Or a properly powered up Terra Shatterer is crazy too.
I would still take the TC one over the blood magic one. But ya. How ever weapons you can make way more powerful ones in TC then you can get in any other mod for the most part. I made a bow and arrow combo that one shot the ender dragon and wither.

Reactions: Pudding01

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan I'm getting disconnected from internal server (SSP) immediately after I try to join my world. It's not generating crash logs, but I can provide the console log if needed. Last I recall, I'd been making terrasteel and I'd just finished the associated quest before I'd decided I was done for the night. No idea what's going on, though.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan I'm getting disconnected from internal server (SSP) immediately after I try to join my world. It's not generating crash logs, but I can provide the console log if needed. Last I recall, I'd been making terrasteel and I'd just finished the associated quest before I'd decided I was done for the night. No idea what's going on, though.
Yeah, upload the console log somewhere and I'll look it over, very strange.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, upload the console log somewhere and I'll look it over, very strange.

Well, pastebin didn't like how long it was. Good news, I have Google Drive, so I jury-rigged it and pasted the log there. (It's 400 and change pages, sorry.)

EDIT: I ought to mention that I've tried to enter my world multiple times, and I've restarted client a couple times as well, so I've no idea what's going on. I'll pop into my world for a few seconds before it loads (I can see my waypoints and my hotbar has stuff in it), but I'll be kicked before the world can load in. I tried losing focus before I spawned in, and the game didn't kick me until I unpaused. That's all I've got in terms of helpful info, I believe.