[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
@Caigan I'm starting to notice something of an issue, but it's not a terribly big one. A lot of the recipes that call for wood planks aren't ore dictionaried. Like, a lot. And this kind of sucks for me because I staircased my way up a redwood early on to get some saplings for it, and now I can't really use the wood for a lot of the quests.

How are you technically right? The fire fuse effect is from Blood Magic, and you don't necessarily get it from eating "strange meats," it occurs because of a potion ID mixup between Lycanite's Mobs and Blood Magic. Like how when you get hit by a Jengu, it gives you Blood Magic's Reciprocation effect. Before replying all willy-nilly, especially to something over a page back, you might want to see if someone has already replied, especially since someone may have done a little research and therefore knows more about what's going on than you do.
Dude, he just said he was technically not wrong. Chill. He technically wasn't wrong. Eating certain strange meats gives you fire fuse. Whether that is intended or not is not relevant. It happens. So yeah. He was technically not wrong.

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan I'm starting to notice something of an issue, but it's not a terribly big one. A lot of the recipes that call for wood planks aren't ore dictionaried. Like, a lot. And this kind of sucks for me because I staircased my way up a redwood early on to get some saplings for it, and now I can't really use the wood for a lot of the quests.
Lemme know which recipes aren't looking for ore dictionary properly, or at least modwise.

Actually, I even replied as much when this was first asked, why are you bringing it up again, exactly?
Sometimes people miss things in a thread, especially when the conversation jumps between things a lot. It was also mentioned about 3 pages ago with default thread settings, so it can be easy to miss. Relax, as long as folks aren't being rude, questions and whatnot are fine. =)

Speaking of TiCon tool levels, how many are there for each tool?
Each tool can go up to 100. The Random and Bonus modifiers alternate every 5 to 10 levels roughly.

It says that you can change modes of the wrench, and then ___. It looks like some of the text didn't get saved there.
Oo, usually when that happens, its me checking a few things for accuracy, and then I forget to finish the text.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Lemme know which recipes aren't looking for ore dictionary properly, or at least modwise.

Agh, I'll poke around a bit. I remember a few of the quests I was doing. Also, while I'm at it, some of the sticks would only accept Vanilla sticks and not Natura sticks. OH! While I'm thinking about it, Malisis' Doors was one of the ones that only wanted Vanilla planks (I currently don't remember sticks, I'll start checking in a bit).

Malisis' Doors also only want Vanilla sticks.
(For the sake of my sanity, I'm only checking the items I made during the quests; I figure it's a safe assumption that if a mod doesn't have wood components ore dictionaried on one recipe, then the other recipes from the mod will follow suit; same with those that are dictionaried)

The Extra Utilities item filter only accepts vanilla sticks.

The Progressive Automation PA wrench only accepts vanilla sticks (the upgrades and wood-tier machines seem to be dictionaried, except the wither wood, which only accepts Vanilla logs).

The Bibliocraft hand drill only accepts Vanilla sticks and buttons, and the clipboard only accepts Vanilla wooden pressure plates (honestly, the pressure plates and buttons aren't a terribly big deal in my opinion, but since I'm doing this, I may as well letcha know). The print press chase, however, is ore dictionaried to take all types of wooden slabs, as is the printing press.

Also, some of the Extra Utilities colored blocks [i.e. block of coal (white frequency)] can be put through the Chisel 2's chisel to convert to other types/their base form, and some can't, it seems semi-random. Not sure if that's an inherent thing, or something you were working on and got distracted from, but it feels like it fits in this whole thing. (Non-convertible blocks are stone bricks, oak wood planks, stone blocks, blocks of quartz, soul sand, redstone lamps, brick blocks, lapis lazuli blocks, blocks of redstone, and blocks of coal; convertible ones are glowstone, cobblestone, and obsidian.)

Huh, it felt like way more than that, but that may just be me. If I come across any other discrepancies, I'll report them.

Last edited:

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
The smeltery recipe for melting redstone makes the ProjectRed version, which is useless for any of the recipes for TE. I tried making Signalum in the smeltery, and it makes liquid Redmetal instead. Not a big deal - I just won't do that again - but it might be something that could be sorted.

Also, MFR rubber trees and bloodwood trees don't work with Veinminer axes.

scourge728

Jul 29, 2019
is cooked chubacabra meat supposed to give flight 2 (that actually might be just the server I was on if it isin't happening for you)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The smeltery recipe for melting redstone makes the ProjectRed version, which is useless for any of the recipes for TE.
This is going to take some work for me to fix, so wont' be up this bugfix update. I am adding ModTweaker so I can mess with it for 0.0.9 though.

Also, MFR rubber trees and bloodwood trees don't work with Veinminer axes.
Just fixed both of these.

is cooked chubacabra meat supposed to give flight 2
This is a potion ID conflict that should be sorted out in the bugfix update.

Agh, I'll poke around a bit
Starting to fix these on my end for the update.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that there are several mobs that don't show up on the Journeymap or whatever the default minimap is, such as the hobgoblin and arisaur. There are other passive Lycanites mobs that don't show up either.

Reactions: Pudding01

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that there are several mobs that don't show up on the Journeymap or whatever the default minimap is, such as the hobgoblin and arisaur. There are other passive Lycanites mobs that don't show up either.

Yeah, I'm thinking that none of the passive Lycanite's show up, and I also wanna say that imps don't show either, but I seem to have pretty bad luck finding them, so it may just be that I haven't noticed icons for them.

CAFC Forever

Jul 29, 2019
Ive noticed last couple of days if u drop something that you have more then 1 off and pick it up again it doesnt stack with the previous item noticed it with spider webs

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Botania quest line: Mana Tablet (under Better Equipment) doesn't detect unless it's just been made. Must need a metadata tweak. Also, the Mana Blaster (same quest) doesn't seem to register at all.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that seems to be a common issue with HQM crafting quests handling item nbt data or otherwise kinda wonky. For the sake of getting the quest fixed maybe switching it over to a detection quest? That's at least what I saw other pack makers do, so if I'm all butt-backwards here I apologize.
But anyway! This pack looks really really neat, I'm gonna be checking it out soon.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that there are several mobs that don't show up on the Journeymap or whatever the default minimap is, such as the hobgoblin and arisaur.
Yeah, its an issue I'm trying to figure out with JourneyMap.

Ive noticed last couple of days if u drop something that you have more then 1 off and pick it up again it doesnt stack with the previous item noticed it with spider webs
Odd, not noticed that myself, and can't seem to repeat it. Is it always in same area, or persists to happen in a new world?

Botania quest line: Mana Tablet (under Better Equipment) doesn't detect unless it's just been made. Must need a metadata tweak. Also, the Mana Blaster (same quest) doesn't seem to register at all.
Yup, I've switched a lot of the quests to ignore NBT data when appropriate, mostly in Botania now, but will do the same for other questlines soon.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming that tainted soil and heat sand are supposed to occur naturally in the Nether, but I'll be damned if I can find any. I mean, it's not terribly hard to just craft some for the Exploring the Underworld quest in the exploration chapter, but it took me a good while to realize that I could craft it in the first place.
They will only generate if the Natura config is set to override Nether Biomes, but it is not. I mentioned this to Caigan a few weeks ago, but I don't remember what affect this has on the quests. As you point out, Caigan has added crafting recipes for both, which is good since this is in fact the only way to get them.

Yeah, I'm thinking that none of the passive Lycanite's show up, and I also wanna say that imps don't show either, but I seem to have pretty bad luck finding them, so it may just be that I haven't noticed icons for them.
Creatures in Minecraft are generally classified by what vanilla class or interface(s) they extend/implement. If you want, I can discuss this with techbrew, and see if there's a way to configure additional mob compatibility, and if not, which mod(s) would need to add code to do so.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, but do I still have to disable magic bees right now? NEI keeps crashing me when looking up recipes.
You can download the latest Magic Bees here and it'll fix the problem until the bugfix update. The 0.0.8b update should be ready to submit soon, I'm working on a few last minute things first though.

They will only generate if the Natura config is set to override Nether Biomes, but it is not. I mentioned this to Caigan a few weeks ago, but I don't remember what affect this has on the quests.
I added the recipes as a temporary solution while I tried to find out if the Nether Override got along with Biomes O Plenty. I forgot about checking deeper, though, sorry on that. I'm going to enable override, as I don't see issues being mentioned between the two yet.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Creatures in Minecraft are generally classified by what vanilla class or interface(s) they extend/implement. If you want, I can discuss this with techbrew, and see if there's a way to configure additional mob compatibility, and if not, which mod(s) would need to add code to do so.
That would definitely be helpful!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I was poking through NEI to figure out some materials for my buildings, and I came across the obsidian chisel from Chisel 2. Thing is, I can't find anything about it online, and it has the exact same description as the diamond chisel (the attack damage is +4 instead of +2, but that's the only difference). Anyone know what it's about?