[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, @Caigan I just had an idea I thought you might wanna hear. Do you think you might add a quest to turn in one (or a few) diamond horse armor to The Ferret Business in exchange for a refund of a few diamonds, or maybe for a coin bag or two? I always get a few of those laying around while I'm out, and it'd be cool to be able to turn them into something a bit more useful. If you like the idea, you could also maybe expand to the iron and gold armors too, considering how all I ever do with those is melt them down for delicious metal juices.

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
VERSION 0.0.8b PREPERATIONS

We will be downgrading to Mekanism 216. The versions with both the Nether Electric Pump AND Transport Pipe fixes are on the updated Forge Fluid API, and we still have a handful of mods that are not. These mod authors are currently working on updating their mods, but for now, Logic Transport Pipes are more commonly used than Electric Pumps located in the Nether, and thus get priority in the fix department.

Please don't use Mekanism Electric Pumps in the Nether (and probably other dimensions...) until further notice.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
In the quest where you make the Yeta wrench it says something about there being electrical steel used in it's crafting... it's just iron...

I have seen a few other inconsistencies in the quests but they've been quite minor/don't mislead you in how to craft the thing needed for the quest.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, @Caigan I just had an idea I thought you might wanna hear. Do you think you might add a quest to turn in one (or a few) diamond horse armor to The Ferret Business in exchange for a refund of a few diamonds, or maybe for a coin bag or two?
Stuff like this is planned for Production Contracts eventually.

In the quest where you make the Yeta wrench it says something about there being electrical steel used in it's crafting... it's just iron...
Things like this tend to be where I wrote the quest for an older version of the mod, and didn't realize they had changed a recipe along the line, so my wording sounds inconsistent.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Stuff like this is planned for Production Contracts eventually.

Woo! Looking forward to it. And while I'm thinking about it (oh noes! another bug report) I absolutely love the quest structure so far.

Also, @Caigan in the Upgrading Your Transfers quest in the Bits o This n That chapter, the Never Stop! objective (pseudo round robin upgrade) has the same text as the Closer is Better objective (breadth first upgrade).

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the 0.0.8b update is ready to submit, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning to do a final round of testing before submitting.

Nearly midnight on four hours of sleep is not the best time to be submitting an update without double checking things. I already almost left MineTweakerRecipeMaker and HQM set to Edit mode. Oops.

Tomorrow! For now, you can check the Changelog on what the new update shall bring! (Hint : I snuck in some magical crops and contract bonuses =)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, one more thing I just noticed, Extra Utilities trading post also only accepts vanilla woods (currently, that is; if anyone is reading this and decides to tell me I'm wrong, you've disregarded version differences); I'm guessing you already covered that, but I figure pointing it out can't hurt anything.

And in the Metal Mixing quest in the Ender IO chapter, the An Electric Zing objective only calls for one electric steel ingot instead of two ingots like all the other objectives do.

And yet another thing, it seems like a lot of the recipes from a lot of mods will only accept the vanilla crafting table and not the Natura crafting table variants (getting a general list together now).

Okay, better idea. Tinker's Construct will take the Natura crafting tables, and the Sawmill (pretty sure it's Thermal Expansion, the recipe GUI looked about right) will work correctly with them (and the facade crafting and the assembly table for facades and the cover crafting, but those seem to work with any solid block). Ya know every other recipe that uses a crafting table? Yeah, those don't like the Natura ones.

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Not a whole lot likes the Natura crafting tables, I absolutely hate them. I don't even think INVTweaks can be used on those tables.

Really? Couldn't they just be Ore Dictionaried so they count as standard crafting tables? I mean, I'm not terribly savvy on the matter, but I figured that they just weren't dictionaried and therefore the other mods didn't actually "know" that those were also crafting tables.

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Couldn't they just be Ore Dictionaried so they count as standard crafting tables? I mean, I'm not terribly savvy on the matter, but I figured that they just weren't dictionaried and therefore the other mods didn't actually "know" that those were also crafting tables.

I believe they also have completely different ItemId tags which makes them terrible. Also the TC crafting station and it's slab also has this annoyance with ITweaks.

Maybe they can be dictionaried, but man that sucks.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Natura crafting table variants
These are a pain in the tail. I don't think I want to minetweaker replace recipes for everything that looks for a vanilla crafting table, as the recipes are not using the ore dictionary.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
These are a pain in the tail. I don't think I want to minetweaker replace recipes for everything that looks for a vanilla crafting table, as the recipes are not using the ore dictionary.

Ahh, okay. Maybe add a custom shapeless recipe with one Natura crafting table that spits out a regular one? I'd have mentioned the Tinker's Construct crafting table, too, but it always felt like enough of a different item for it not to be classed as the same. Like, you get a table that'll hold items, but you can't pick it up and use it in recipes anymore, which seems like a fair trade.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan I've noticed that Endermen drop the heads from Headcrumbs, and the Ender IO recipes don't seem to accept those. Any chance there's a way to fix that, or maybe a custom recipe or quest or something to get the Ender IO ones from the Headcrumbs ones?

EDIT: It seems like the Slice 'n' Splice won't take the Headcrumbs version; the standard crafting recipes don't seem to mind.

EDIT EDIT: Huh, guess I found an enderman head in a chest somewhere. Ah well, Endermen actually drop the Ender IO heads, it looks like.

Last edited:

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan I've noticed that Endermen drop the heads from Headcrumbs, and the Ender IO recipes don't seem to accept those. Any chance there's a way to fix that, or maybe a custom recipe or quest or something to get the Ender IO ones from the Headcrumbs ones?

EDIT: It seems like the Slice 'n' Splice won't take the Headcrumbs version; the standard crafting recipes don't seem to mind.

EDIT EDIT: Huh, guess I found an enderman head in a chest somewhere. Ah well, Endermen actually drop the Ender IO heads, it looks like.
Or rename the headcrumbs one so there's more of a difference. Sort of like an "imperfect Enderman head" or something

Danjal

Jul 29, 2019
With this pack currently being 'only' in v0.0.8 - is the 200+ quests an indication for the final version or the current version?
Cause if it has 200 quests already, I can't imagine how impressive the endresult will become.

Looking forward to seeing this pack reach a more completed state to try it out!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
With this pack currently being 'only' in v0.0.8 - is the 200+ quests an indication for the final version or the current version?
Cause if it has 200 quests already, I can't imagine how impressive the endresult will become.

Looking forward to seeing this pack reach a more completed state to try it out!

I haven't gotten through all the quests available so far, but I'm thinking the 200+ is current, especially considering how Caigan is really thorough with mod coverage.

EDIT: Okay, so I just killed an Enderman, and he dropped a Headcrumbs head instead of an Ender IO head. I guess the enderman loot table has a slot for each type? Either way, the Headcrumbs head won't work in the Slice 'n' Splice, so that's kind of an issue if the RNG decides to be a jerk.

Also, would it maybe be possible to blacklist the Open Blocks ghost/spirit (WAILA doesn't display the proper name) from Infernal Mobs? It's kind of annoying (or worse) when you kill something and out pops a little alchemist ghost of death (seriously, getting immediately poisoned on monster death is not fun). The gheist has a similar issue, but I'm fine with those because they normally attack, and they can be reasonably expected, and they seem to spawn naturally in the Nether.

Last edited:

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gotten through all the quests available so far, but I'm thinking the 200+ is current, especially considering how Caigan is really thorough with mod coverage.
200+ is current, depending on how you count parts of quests as opposed to whole ones. Even then, there have to be almost 200, and most of them have more than one part. Regardless, I'm guessing it will be a lot more than that, as there are at least 6-8 completely empty categories in the book still.

EDIT: Okay, so I just killed an Enderman, and he dropped a Headcrumbs head instead of an Ender IO head. I guess the enderman loot table has a slot for each type? Either way, the Headcrumbs head won't work in the Slice 'n' Splice, so that's kind of an issue if the RNG decides to be a jerk.
The Enderman loot table has a slot for each type, and (very rarely) I've seen an enderman drop one of each.

Also, would it maybe be possible to blacklist the Open Blocks ghost/spirit (WAILA doesn't display the proper name) from Infernal Mobs? It's kind of annoying (or worse) when you kill something and out pops a little alchemist ghost of death (seriously, getting immediately poisoned on monster death is not fun). The gheist has a similar issue, but I'm fine with those because they normally attack, and they can be reasonably expected, and they seem to spawn naturally in the Nether.
Sometimes running is required. You know what's worse than the first situation? High-end Infernal mob, followed by Infernal mob spirit, followed by Lycanites' specter from that. Evil, I tell you.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes running is required. You know what's worse than the first situation? High-end Infernal mob, followed by Infernal mob spirit, followed by Lycanites' specter from that. Evil, I tell you.

Yeah, I had one of those infernal specters before, that was terrible.