[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
while I'm thinking about it, are Silex supposed to rarely drop sulfur?
I didn't add any non Ferret Shiny item to the drop tables for monsters (other than blind bags from Infernal mobs) so not sure on that.

------
In other news! The long standing texture bug in Ferret Shinies has been fixed.

This means when you change graphics options or texture packs, or have certain mods installed, the textures for the blind bags and items should not become random messes of confusion!

This ALSO means that Draconic Evolution testing can start. It will NOT be included in the 0.0.8b bugfix release, as I have a bit of work to do with it still.

Right now I'm wrapping up a few small additions and fixes before I submit it to the Third Party Team.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming that tainted soil and heat sand are supposed to occur naturally in the Nether, but I'll be damned if I can find any. I mean, it's not terribly hard to just craft some for the Exploring the Underworld quest in the exploration chapter, but it took me a good while to realize that I could craft it in the first place.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
but it took me a good while to realize that I could craft it in the first place.
Just added clarification to the quest that you could also craft these, along with the Ghostwood Saplings.

This'll make Obelisks and Quartz Hatchets craftable once again.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Just added clarification to the quest that you could also craft these, along with the Ghostwood Saplings.

This'll make Obelisks and Quartz Hatchets craftable once again.

Cool. Also, I just recently got around to killing a Cephignis (the lava fish) in hopes of having a good way to poke around under the lava of the Nether for stuff, but it turns out that the morph doesn't have any special attributes (or at least, there are no symbols for it, I'm not gonna try to turn into that thing while I'm in this deathland).

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
but it turns out that the morph doesn't have any special attributes
A lot of modded creatures do not have abilities. I'm not sure how to add them myself, and its a balancing act I don't feel is worth my time just yet. =)

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
I am having issues with the player's collision box while morphed, sometimes a bat fits through 1 size hole and other times you take damage from suffocation while trying to. I am pretty sure you should never suffocate from walking towards a wall.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of modded creatures do not have abilities. I'm not sure how to add them myself, and its a balancing act I don't feel is worth my time just yet. =)

Ahh, I wasn't sure if you'd actually done anything into that yet.

I am having issues with the player's collision box while morphed, sometimes a bat fits through 1 size hole and other times you take damage from suffocation while trying to. I am pretty sure you should never suffocate from walking towards a wall.

When it comes to being morphed, sometimes if you hit a block at just the wrong angle, you'll start to catch on it and it can sometimes cause suffocation.

Reactions: Pudding01

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
quick question. on tinkers tools, skill xp is there but i have not received any free modifiers only extra ones. is this disabled?

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
thanks :) also noticed that the BOP amethyst pick axe does not work in the iron miner. would that be a mod conflict?

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
Amethyst is Diamond level, which won't work in an Iron Miner. Upgrade it to a Diamond Miner to be able to use ANY level pick/shovel.

thats what i get for playing with mods i have no clue on. like i thought the cobble gen upgrade was going to make me a cheap cobble gen :p thanks again, really loving your pack

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it's intended, but I figured I oughta let you know that Nether uranium and osmium ores don't melt down in a Tinker's Construct smeltery.

(If you want me to stop reporting everything I see, lemme know.)

Also, molten yellorium, when poured from a TiC smeltery, makes yellorium ingots (in the ingot casts on the casting table), but also makes uranium blocks (in the casting basin).

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
That's the Fire Fuse effect from Lycanite's. You can get it from eating some strange meats, like Silex Meat.

Close, but no. A few posts ago, I said that that's actually the Fire Fuse effect from Blood Magic which occurs do to some potion ID mixups.

Actually, I even replied as much when this was first asked, why are you bringing it up again, exactly?

Umbrakinetic

Jul 29, 2019
Close, but no. A few posts ago, I said that that's actually the Fire Fuse effect from Blood Magic which occurs do to some potion ID mixups.

Actually, I even replied as much when this was first asked, why are you bringing it up again, exactly?
Sorry, I missed both of those. I just read and reply. Even so, this still happens in this modpack, so technically I'm not wrong.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan I'm starting to notice something of an issue, but it's not a terribly big one. A lot of the recipes that call for wood planks aren't ore dictionaried. Like, a lot. And this kind of sucks for me because I staircased my way up a redwood early on to get some saplings for it, and now I can't really use the wood for a lot of the quests.

Sorry, I missed both of those. I just read and reply. Even so, this still happens in this modpack, so technically I'm not wrong.

How are you technically right? The fire fuse effect is from Blood Magic, and you don't necessarily get it from eating "strange meats," it occurs because of a potion ID mixup between Lycanite's Mobs and Blood Magic. Like how when you get hit by a Jengu, it gives you Blood Magic's Reciprocation effect. Before replying all willy-nilly, especially to something over a page back, you might want to see if someone has already replied, especially since someone may have done a little research and therefore knows more about what's going on than you do.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, @Caigan the Tools of the Trade objective (PA Wrench) under the Progressive Automation quest in the Automation Station chapter seems to be missing some text on the right page. It says that you can change modes of the wrench, and then ___. It looks like some of the text didn't get saved there.