[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Continuing to forge ahead on further chapters, and haven't seen anything else too bad yet.
Yeah usually what will be found is minor spelling goofs (as I usually burn the midnight oil writing stuff), or stuff that's changed with an update and I forgot to reflect that in the quest text.

-----
Right now 0.0.8 work is under way. As always, you can watch the Changelog document to see stuff as I change them. It is dubbed The Factory Line update, as my goal is to finish the other halves of Automation Station and Machine Life questlines (meaning : Mekanism and Minefactory Reloaded quests).

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I've decided to go off the beaten track and start my industry with ender io, are there any quest for that as yet?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I've decided to go off the beaten track and start my industry with ender io, are there any quest for that as yet?
Yep, the Conduit Machinery questline is EnderIO.

NOTE : Be sure to update your EnderIO so that you don't crash when accessing certain EnderIO Machines!

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
First off, I've come across a dupe bug within Ender IO, what's the best way to report that kind of thing? I'd rather not post it in an open forum. :)

Secondly, I'm using a MFR harvester to harvest some crops that have been planted within agricraft crops and the yields seem a little off. When using pam's harvestcraft tomato's and strawberries, the results are occassionally the magic crops version of them and won't go into the same barrel. If I put the magic crops seeds of those same plants in the agricraft crops, they always come back with the magic crops version. Not a huge issue since the magic crop versions can still be used, but it is kinda annoying :) good thing I hadn't gone to 10/10/10 yet on the pam's :)

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan can't wait for the update, I finally understand how to work magical crops lol didn't know that they spread like from a center point with the crop sticks if i had a cross breeding sticks around it makes it so much easier to get essence dust, though is the unbreaking items from magical crops enchantable? Would be cool so i can get a enchanted fortune 3 hoe for more dust.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan can't wait for the update, I finally understand how to work magical crops lol didn't know that they spread like from a center point with the crop sticks if i had a cross breeding sticks around it makes it so much easier to get essence dust, though is the unbreaking items from magical crops enchantable? Would be cool so i can get a enchanted fortune 3 hoe for more dust.
I'm not sure if those are enchantable or not, actually.

A note, though, I didn't get around to it last patch, but I WILL be shifting the tiers and mutation chance of Magical Crops in Agricraft around to be more difficult (but not insanely difficult), cause as it stands, its very easy to get seeds replicating.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
A note, though, I didn't get around to it last patch, but I WILL be shifting the tiers and mutation chance of Magical Crops in Agricraft around to be more difficult (but not insanely difficult), cause as it stands, its very easy to get seeds replicating.

I can understand why you would lower replicating rate i used a reinforce watering can on 1 diamond seed and i had like 5 diamond seeds not even 30 seconds later, i think lowering it down would balance is out very easy its not like were dependent on the seeds for ores or that.

DnsR

Jul 29, 2019
On our server, any player entering the nether launches spawn wither skeletons. Their is so much that the server starts to lag. Moreover, they are generated even without the presence of the player. Once Opis showed ~2000 wither skeletons. How to fix this?

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
On our server, any player entering the nether launches spawn wither skeletons. Their is so much that the server starts to lag. Moreover, they are generated even without the presence of the player. Once Opis showed ~2000 wither skeletons. How to fix this?

Cleaver and determination..

I believe that it is an issue with ender io, maybe you can find an answer in that thread.

Reactions: DnsR

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019

I also heard that on a server, if gravestones are enabled and someone dies near there but does not remove the gravestone and just leaves it, it will spawn skeletons over and over. So maybe check if there are any gravestones laying about.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
DnsR is your server open to anyone? looking for a decent server to play on since its boring to play by yourself for so long and love to chat with other people.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
On our server, any player entering the nether launches spawn wither skeletons
Oh geez, I thought latest EnderIO's fixed this bug, which is why I reactivated the setting.

To fix it, go to your EnderIO config, and change "B:replaceWitherSkeletons" to false in the Misc section.

--------------

And my apologies for being fairly quiet so far this week. Real Life has been bouncing on my head pretty heavily since Sunday, and I've barely had time to play GTA V, nor work much on the pack (though what free time I've had I've focused more on the pack, as about half the quests are written now)

Here's a bit of a sneak peak at the new Automation Station page :
moE17zT.png

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Oh geez, I thought latest EnderIO's fixed this bug, which is why I reactivated the setting.

To fix it, go to your EnderIO config, and change "B:replaceWitherSkeletons" to false in the Misc section.

--------------

And my apologies for being fairly quiet so far this week. Real Life has been bouncing on my head pretty heavily since Sunday, and I've barely had time to play GTA V, nor work much on the pack (though what free time I've had I've focused more on the pack, as about half the quests are written now)

Here's a bit of a sneak peak at the new Automation Station page :
moE17zT.png
Real life always comes first Caigan! We understand! The new quest page looks nice! I look forward to being able to do them :)

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have a question. I just started playing this pack yesterday, only got a little in before I had no choice but to stop. How do you get flint? I see in the configs it has the tinkers crafting recipe but in game it doesn't, and after having dug up about a stacks worth of it in the wild I have no flint either. So am I just having really bad luck? Or am I missing something here?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have a question. I just started playing this pack yesterday, only got a little in before I had no choice but to stop. How do you get flint? I see in the configs it has the tinkers crafting recipe but in game it doesn't, and after having dug up about a stacks worth of it in the wild I have no flint either. So am I just having really bad luck? Or am I missing something here?

Vein mine a big group of gravel with a shovel? I never had a problem with the gravel drop rate, did you happen to change any configs around that might affect it?

Edit: i find a shovel always helps getting flint since i don't seem to get any when i mine gravel by hand.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Vein mine a big group of gravel with a shovel? I never had a problem with the gravel drop rate, did you happen to change any configs around that might affect it?

Edit: i find a shovel always helps getting flint since i don't seem to get any when i mine gravel by hand.
Nope, didn't change any configs of drops, that and I would vein mine but I can't get vein mine to work. Ooh, heh duh, you gotta sneak to use that might be why heh. I finally got some flint, but it seems really low drop rate.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
There was a Iguana Tinker's Tweak that added the crafting recipe, but that whole group wasn't turned on. It's been changed for Version 8, but if you want the experience now, go to config/IguanaTinkerTweaks/Modules.cfg and set: B:Tweaks=true