[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Terthna

Jul 29, 2019
That is an issue with ExtraCells, when its fixed and I test it, it will be included in an update.
I don't know what exactly the problem is, but they apparently just put out a new update; maybe they fixed it. Regardless, it's great to hear you're on top of this; I look forward to being able to store ludicrous amounts of milk soon.

Cardeverre

Jul 29, 2019
Good day, I had the same problem once I updated there where no mods or forge, I'm from South Africa and tried Download location Curse but did not work, but can confirm that once you download from Atlanta it works like a charm.
Thank you TFox83 what a great pack

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Have you by chance, considered adding Hardcore Ender Expansion? I would love to see that in this modpack ^^

Also there seems to be pretty few servers for this modpack (only found about 3). Would there be a medium populated (10 to 30) whitelisted server to join in? Open Servers are good and all but it has some restrictions on things while Whitelisted ones dont ^^;

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
@tfox83
Any chance you can enable the MFR Laser drill. you can make the recipe require both the BC and Ender quarry.
If you do enable, a way to balance it would be to disable the Focus lens.
I ask because on servers players like to use these

Bloodbath12321

Jul 29, 2019
@tfox83 Please enable the MFR Laser Drill, and put a recipe for it. This modpack is great, but I and many many others miss MFR laser drills. I understand they may be a bit overpowered but you could use a very costly recipe to create them so it's fair. So please add them in and thank you for reading this.

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed Laser Drill is also very nice for servers where lag matters

I guess I could just make my own minetweaker script..

KiwiWarrior

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so after some testing I have concluded the 1.0.2 version of TDT is fine, the problem lies in the launcher. The 1.0.2 zip is approx 100 MB on all the Creephost Servers, but on CurseCDN its around 85MB and causing a crash with MFR since the zip is incomplete and does not include Thermal Expansion (I have MFR using TE recipes so it depends on the mod to be present). I re-pushed 1.0.2 with a MD5 telling all servers to re-sync the zip from the main FTB repo a few moments ago, and hopefully this will fix the issue. You can try to do a force update in approx 15 minutes or change your server to "Atlanta" and do a force update. I apologize for the inconvenience and the support gang is looking into the launcher issues at Curse and Creeperhost as we speak.

i'm guessing Creephost is still no fixed to download the modpack as its not list well there's only a little bit of the third party pack listed now lol...... thinking about downloading the server files from the feed the beast launcher but don't know if they will work and it would take me 3 hours to upload so i don't know lol

Ryan171

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I launch the mod pack on v1.0.2, once the it is almost downloaded it crashes. I have also been speaking with someone else on the FTB support page who has been having the same problem. So I was wondering is this is a common problem?

Ryan171

Jul 29, 2019
It still doesn't work. I have no clue what the problem is.

Edit: My fault I accidentally hit "Atlanta 2" instead of "Atlanta"

Last edited:

KiwiWarrior

Jul 29, 2019
It still doesn't work. I have no clue what the problem is.
i had the same problem i just changed it to Atlanta, then download then delete then download and one time BOOM it worked lmfao..... now just trying to get my Creeper bloody hosting to work for the server lmfao

beaualee

Jul 29, 2019
Hey quick question i just started a server and well it says there are tons of custom recipes which mostly are cross the mods but when i started it up and had a looking at them etc thermal, blood magic they all looked the same is there a config i have to change?

This is confusing. There's almost no changes in this pack except Quarry, Computers, and few others. If you're under the impression the pack encourages you to use ALL the mods, that's incorrect. Some mods are untouched (according to NEI). The description led me to believe I'd be encouraged, somehow, to complete other mods. Hunger overhaul is there but none of the foods have been nerfed, that I could tell. Can eat bread forever if you want. One barley farm and 33% of the Dark Trilogy is negated.

It's possible some more changes are coming, but there's no list of what's been altered. GregTech, at least, had documentation. The change log only lists updates/fixes to the mods in the pack, not changes to the recipes in the pack. It's possible I've gotten a bunch of this wrong and I got a partial download which didn't have all the changes, but from my end you may as well build the pack yourself, that way you can alter it with the mods you want to try.

I was kind of hoping I'd be forced to choose Thermal Expansion, Ender IO, Extra Utilities, Tinkers' Construct, or IC2 for Basic Ore Processing and then once I'd reached a certain point I would have the materials for the next (higher) Ore Processing tier, but unfortunately (as far as I can tell) they're all untouched and you can choose any one of the these for early game and completely ignore all the others. Making it a pack with mods you'll never use. (ie. a normal FTB pack)

JjStAr992_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
This is confusing. There's almost no changes in this pack except Quarry, Computers, and few others. If you're under the impression the pack encourages you to use ALL the mods, that's incorrect. Some mods are untouched (according to NEI). The description led me to believe I'd be encouraged, somehow, to complete other mods. Hunger overhaul is there but none of the foods have been nerfed, that I could tell. Can eat bread forever if you want. One barley farm and 33% of the Dark Trilogy is negated.

It's possible some more changes are coming, but there's no list of what's been altered. GregTech, at least, had documentation. The change log only lists updates/fixes to the mods in the pack, not changes to the recipes in the pack. It's possible I've gotten a bunch of this wrong and I got a partial download which didn't have all the changes, but from my end you may as well build the pack yourself, that way you can alter it with the mods you want to try.

I was kind of hoping I'd be forced to choose Thermal Expansion, Ender IO, Extra Utilities, Tinkers' Construct, or IC2 for Basic Ore Processing and then once I'd reached a certain point I would have the materials for the next (higher) Ore Processing tier, but unfortunately (as far as I can tell) they're all untouched and you can choose any one of the these for early game and completely ignore all the others. Making it a pack with mods you'll never use. (ie. a normal FTB pack)

Hunger Overhaul is NOT installed, you're confusing it with Pam's HarvestCraft.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
The Website in my Signature just opened a The Dark Trilogy Server
Come join and have fun
trilogy.mineyourmind.net

HDgamerzPC

Jul 29, 2019
I also have an issue with the pack launching vanilla minecraft. I have tried forcing the download to CurseCDN and it says it is downloading 93680Kb. I have also looked in the "Edit Mod Pack" and all of the mods show up, but the mods don't show up in-game.

MinecraftingDAD

Jul 29, 2019
Deadlyapples, did you try to change your dowload location under Advanced Options? Set it to Altanta. We had a few players on our server who needed to do this, in order to download the pack.

So far, everything makes sense and pack runs well. We have 5 concurrent users and it runs fairly smooth.

Last edited: