[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also getting something weird going on when nei searching and occasionally it will not search anymore and I will have to re-download the pack for it to work again. There is something going on when i'm in any sort of crafting table where sometimes there can be a freeze while i'm trying to craft and then i will get the item after around 5 seconds of waiting. Not sure which of these you were aware of or if these problems are something to do with me but thought i'd let you know. PS currently watching FireBall's stream :D.
I had the same problem of freezes in crafting grids - much longer than 5 seconds, though - when playing another pack. It was recommended that I try a java argument. It worked for me. If you search the Tolkiencraft 2 thread for java argument you should find it.

kjmaster1

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a possibility that a mod that has a form of large amount of energy storage could be added to the pack? I've got to the point where i can start using some nether stars for power now but i can't seem to find anything in the pack that will hold the large amount of energy it can produce. I have full resonant energy cells and it would seem a waste of stars to use them for power when nothing can hold the power they can produce. If there is something in the pack that can hold this large amount of energy and i just haven't realized please tell me :D

kjmaster1

Jul 29, 2019
What is this forcefield mod that is currently in the pack? How do I use it? NEI is not being very informative.

mindmc

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think it is possible that in the next update you could make Spice of Life an optional mod? My friend and I are playing this pack, having just completed Crash Landing and we are sort of sick of Spice of Life. We ended up having to remove the mod, but I was just wondering if you could make it optional for future updates? Maybe make it enabled by default, but still optional or something like that. Sorry to bug you.

-mindmc

Last edited:

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I have already actually been considering that. I may remove it completely from the pack all together.

Reactions: mindmc

kjmaster1

Jul 29, 2019
I know that every time rene has to update the server it needs to be removed and sometimes he forgets and it's annoying xD

mindmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have already actually been considering that. I may remove it completely from the pack all together.
Thanks for considering that. I'm having fun playing your pack, and I just realized how a lot of things are centered around ic2, which I know little about. I guess its time for me to learn about ic2! Do you know if the rednet power cables will cause basic machines such as a macerator/electric furnace to explode?

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just wondering are you talking about spice of life? Because if so, I agree.
Correct. I think it can be good for server play and I want to have the option of having it.

I am thinking of starting a server with this pack and adding my own custom templates for Ruins. Maybe adding more mob types. We might add mystcraft also just for portals, but not for dimensions.

mindmc

Jul 29, 2019
Correct. I think it can be good for server play and I want to have the option of having it.

I am thinking of starting a server with this pack and adding my own custom templates for Ruins. Maybe adding more mob types. We might add mystcraft also just for portals, but not for dimensions.

I just want to warn you... I'm hosting a server on my computer for my friend and I, and it is very processes and ram intensive. I'm going with 8 gigs of ram for the sever, because the default amount (either 2 or 4GB's I think) just wont cut it. You'll get low tps, and it might be pretty laggy if you don't give the server enough ram. Also, on my client I have allocated 4gigs of ram, and also installed fastcraft, because the pack could definitely use some more optimization. This is more java's fault, because it has pretty poor GC (Garbage Collection), but fastcraft does help with GC.

Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to give you a fair warning.