[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
*** @Gideonseymour is now maintaining The Dark Trilogy ***
(This thread will still be used and Gideon will respond to messages here)

VbdHeJg.png

The Dark Trilogy is a modpack built by myself over the past couple of months. It is an on going project and still in a beta state so expect frequent updates and changes. At this point I have, for the most part, completed the mod list for the pack. Worlds started with the latest version should not require a world reset due to changes with the modpack. Updates will just include bug fixes and mod updates. This mod pack does not support adding or removing mods...IT will break. There are tons of custom recipes which mostly are cross mod.

So what is The Dark Trilogy?

The Dark Trilogy (TDT) is a modpack composed of three tiers of mods; technology, magic & nature. Balance was a key element in the development of TDT with lasting game play a priority. Custom recipes have been added to bring mods of each tier together with the overall goal of leaving no mods left un-played. However the three tiers are mostly separated, so for example if you want to only advance with the tech side of things magic will never be forced upon you. Only very end-game and OP items require two sometimes all three of the tiers of the pack to be played.

TDT is a great modpack for servers since it brings all different types of players together similar to the way FTB Ultimate/Unleashed/Monster did in the past. But instead of just having 100-150 mods with most players never touching half of them I wanted that to change. Most players are skeptic to try new mods but with TDT you find yourself playing and building with mods you are unfamiliar with just to progress, which makes learning those mods that much more fun. NEI is your best friend in this pack, it will contain almost all the information you will need to advance.

Modlist and change logs can be found here.

YouTube Let's Plays with The Dark Trilogy

@TheOnlyBentley's TDT Let's Play Playlist can be found here!

Last edited:

Rene8888

Jul 29, 2019
Looks cool!

Maybe I will put together a server with this pack tomorrow. Had one with Unstable before, and I was just unstable (who thought that will be the case :D). Also I am just waiting for a official 1.7 pack with a nice variety of mods for too long (who did expect that... xD).

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft without ReactorCraft? You must be kidding :D
BTW: Great choice of mods! I'm really excited how your progression system plays out tfox.
And last but not least: add FastCraft! It really helps with the ugly performance in 1.7.10...

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this but will wait until mystcraft is in. If it will be in?
Mystcraft will more than likely not be included.

RotaryCraft without ReactorCraft? You must be kidding :D
BTW: Great choice of mods! I'm really excited how your progression system plays out tfox.
And last but not least: add FastCraft! It really helps with the ugly performance in 1.7.10...
Reactorcraft is a little resource heavy, wanted to keep the pack playable by all mainly. Also I cannot include fastcraft it has closed permissions.

Reactions: Watchful11

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft will more than likely not be included.

Reactorcraft is a little resource heavy, wanted to keep the pack playable by all mainly. Also I cannot include fastcraft it has closed permissions.

I understand :)
Last time I checked FastCraft had open permissions, now it has closed due to bugs.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure it will remain closed, just like optifine.

Last edited:

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is really fun! Does anyone have a server up yet? I'll definitely play on it.
Thanks, I still have a lot of recipes to add in, hopefully I will find the time to get some more added early this week. I am not sure if anyone has set up servers yet, but there is a server download available on the launcher.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it is allowed, but I set up an server yesterday :)
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ogy-1-7-10-whitelist-hosted-in-germany.51942/

If you don't want the link or post, I will remove it if you inform me :)
No its quite ok for now as long as you keep it in this thread or in the server advertisement area on the forums. Also if people have direct problems with your server that has nothing to do with the pack, I prefer they post those issues elsewhere or PM you about it.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that bad, just wanted to tie mods together for a sense of progression. You may or my not hate the BC quarry recipe...

BeerCav

Retired Staff
Jul 3, 2014
U.S. Army - Retired
It's not that bad, just wanted to tie mods together for a sense of progression. You may or my not hate the BC quarry recipe...
The only thing I have noticed and pretty much right off the bat was the amount of lag. I turned everything to minimum and still having small issues with it but from what I have gotten done so far it seems like a pretty fun pack. I specially like how you included mariculture in with it. Nice touch.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I have noticed and pretty much right off the bat was the amount of lag. I turned everything to minimum and still having small issues with it but from what I have gotten done so far it seems like a pretty fun pack. I specially like how you included mariculture in with it. Nice touch.
Thanks, also for people with not so powerful gaming systems I highly suggest "Fastcraft" be installed in your client, it works wonders on 1.7.10