[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I have a world I've been using for the last few months, if you let me know how to get it to you you can test using that. (not familiar with the process of uploading a world.)
Zip up the world and upload it to the hosting system of your choice. You could do this via Google Drive, Mediafire, Dropbox, or basically any other hosting service you can name. Then, just send me the link!

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
Zip up the world and upload it to the hosting system of your choice. You could do this via Google Drive, Mediafire, Dropbox, or basically any other hosting service you can name. Then, just send me the link!
Actually I'm not sure now that you'll want to use this one. I recently disabled Blue power and Gendustry, which might affect the generation for the update process.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
I'll send mine. Only difference for me is an updated Thaumic Tinkerer in order to un-break my test world. It should all be compatible with the old version though.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Yeah, the new update, even after I test it, will go up as non-recommended for two weeks. If nobody finds anything wrong with it, it'll get pushed to recommended then. All worlds should be compatible.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Only thing i ask is that you change back the recipe for IC2 machine blocks since i consider the tiers for ore doubling like this tinkers > IC2 > TE > Ender IO and i don't like how you can basically skip IC2 now since it would takes the same amount of steel to make 1 IC2 machine casing for 1 machine than to make 2 TE machines and if you make a magma crucible you can basically skip TE and IC2 and go straight for Ender IO.

Francois H

Jul 29, 2019
We altered the basic capacitor recipe to use energium dust in place of red stone, so a macerator/generator is needed for ender io. (Energy crystal is needed for higher tier TE and Ender IO so energium dust for low tier was logical).

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
We altered the basic capacitor recipe to use energium dust in place of red stone, so a macerator/generator is needed for ender io. (Energy crystal is needed for higher tier TE and Ender IO so energium dust for low tier was logical).
The designer in me fully agrees with this decision. The player in me is crying as I stare at my ever depleting diamond reserves.

Has there been any consideration of integrating Agricraft into the pack? As a mod based on nature and technology it seems like it might fit the pack well.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
a day ago a player suggested a mod for another pack and i think it would work well for this with maybe a little change in the recipe for AE2? it adds a chamber for pure flux crystals so you don't have to babysit the water or that to make them.Also this mopdpack is resource crazy and while i know there not to hard to find maybe adding vein miner to make it somewhat easier to get ores?

Any Idea when the update will can't wait to play Dark trilogy again.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Eew no vein miner, there's already tools in the other mods to do that, no need to emasculate them.

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
Eew no vein miner, there's already tools in the other mods to do that, no need to emasculate them.
Agreed, I've had little trouble getting enough of most ores (besides Iridium of course.) Vein Miner is really more of a mod for a sky block in my opinion. It's just a little too powerful otherwise and you don't really have to work to gain that power.

Motus

Jul 29, 2019
Where can one suggest mods for this pack? I would like to suggest Witchery, for some more magic content. Also would it be possible to get an ETA on when the next update will be out? My friend and I have really been enjoying Dark Trilogy so far!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Where can one suggest mods for this pack? I would like to suggest Witchery, for some more magic content. Also would it be possible to get an ETA on when the next update will be out? My friend and I have really been enjoying Dark Trilogy so far!
http://api.feed-the-beast.com/betapackdownloads.php

All joking aside, I'm finishing up on the update. Just trying to solve one last world breaking bug before it goes out.

Reactions: Flying Shoe ILR

Motus

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! Didn't know about the ETA thing, but definitely something I'll keep in mind ;)

EDIT: Where can I post about bugs or something alike concerning Dark Trilogy?

One thing I noticed my server would crash every time I would use the Fluxed version of the Redstone Arsenal shovel (hitting "V" by default on the keyboard)

Last edited:

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
I've also experienced that bug, with the fluxed pick.
It isn't world-breaking, so I just stopped using it :)
The bow is fine however.

I suppose it won't matter much anymore once the new version is out.
I'll just wait here, with some 80s music in the background.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
All joking aside, I'm finishing up on the update. Just trying to solve one last world breaking bug before it goes out.

Maybe tell us what the bug is that your trying to solve since i play a few modpacks and always watching out for bugs and their fixes?

Motus

Jul 29, 2019
I've also experienced that bug, with the fluxed pick.
It isn't world-breaking, so I just stopped using it :)
The bow is fine however.

I suppose it won't matter much anymore once the new version is out.
I'll just wait here, with some 80s music in the background.

Yeah, I haven't tested it on the other tools, but I'm also using the bow which has been totally fine.