[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
We're under new managment.

A new version has been pushed to the repo. Version 1.1.0

It'll be up sometime tonight or tomorrow \o/

Sweetness. I've been waiting a while to start up a new world. :)

What do you mean by you're under new management? New person taking over the pack?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Sweetness. I've been waiting a while to start up a new world. :)

What do you mean by you're under new management? New person taking over the pack?
I meant that the pack's under new management (me), as this marks the first time I've updated the pack. I got to add a sweet "& Gideonseymour" to the author section. This is a significant event in my life :p

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
I meant that the pack's under new management (me), as this marks the first time I've updated the pack. I got to add a sweet "& Gideonseymour" to the author section. This is a significant event in my life :p
Ah, I getcha. I look forward to checking out what has changed, from what I've seen in the thread it sounds like you've done a pretty thorough job making sure everything will work right.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe give us a change log of the updates while we wait for the pack update to come live Gideon? I always loved how Dark Trilogy made you have to use each of the tech modpacks to adv to the next stage but found the part with skipping IC2 kind lost interest but hopefully this will give me something to work with.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried it and I have the exact same crash as Flying Shoe ILR.
There's one thing that isn't in his log, the following OpenGL error that precedes it:

[14:20:08] [Client thread/ERROR]: ########## GL ERROR ##########
[14:20:08] [Client thread/ERROR]: @ Post startup
[14:20:08] [Client thread/ERROR]: 1281: Invalid value

It seems to be some OpenGL shader issue.
I have some time now, so I think I'm gonna bisect and see which mod is causing it.
I'll also check to see if it happens with shaders disabled.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
I did some investigation.

Some more info:
- I'm running Arch Linux x86-64 with jre8-openjdk 8.u45-1
- My video card is a GeForce GT 650M
- I'm not using Optifine (but fastcraft is in the pack)

I tried some stuff and I ended up with a soft lockup of my video driver.
After checking the logs, I noticed I was running nouveau (instead of the closed-source Nvidia driver).
Reason was that I forgot to change it after moving my Linux installation from one pc to the next.
After running Minecraft again, the some problem occurred, but the messages I posted in my previous reply were not there.
Thus, I think the problem is unrelated to the video driver.

I also disabled all "fancy graphics" type options, but the error was still there.

EDIT: Through bisection, I found that the problem is caused by NotEnoughResources.
EDIT2: It happens when I add NER to a very basic setup, and not when I don't. But when I only remove NER from the total pack, the problem is still there. Googling the error leads to assume this is a Forge issue.
EDIT3: Following this page, I disabled Crayfish's mod and it worked. (bug report)

Last edited:
Reactions: Slind

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Weird i don't seem to have a problem with getting it to start up normally but eh what do i know xD. Thought the recipe where gonna be changed a bit to make you work through IC2, TE , than ender IO so was wondering when that change was gonna take place?

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
I have played around a bit in my old world (I did not have any furniture in my base so no issues there).
It looks like a successful update, with a bunch of cool new stuff.
No disappeared / broken blocks and items, no framerate issues.

I noticed only two things in my world that required manual changes after the update:
  • I had to break and replace all my BluePower toggle latches, to reconnect them.
  • Interaction between BluePower wire (which is now behaving correctly) and EIO Redstone Conduits is now broken.

Mekanofreak

Jul 29, 2019
I get a corrupted archives message when uncompressing the server files, anyone else get this ? it tells me that scala-library-2.11.1.jar is corrupted, tried replacing it with a known good version but then the ServerStart.bat errors out with a couple of file not found and crash.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'll take a look at the Crayfish stuff later today. Didn't expect anything like that to happen.

My current understanding is that it's only happening to some people?
Interaction between BluePower wire (which is now behaving correctly) and EIO Redstone Conduits is now broken.
With the conduits - right click on the center w/ the Yeta Wrench and set it to activate towards the side with the wire. I think that should fix it.
I get a corrupted archives message when uncompressing the server files, anyone else get this ? it tells me that scala-library-2.11.1.jar is corrupted, tried replacing it with a known good version but then the ServerStart.bat errors out with a couple of file not found and crash.
That is odd, I'll look at this as well. It may have become corrupted when I ran it through the tool.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
My current understanding is that it's only happening to some people?
Seems to be the case. Now it might be coincidence, but the number of Linux users reporting problems seems to be relatively high.
Maybe OpenJDK or LWJGL? Or maybe FTB Launcher versus Curse?

With the conduits - right click on the center w/ the Yeta Wrench and set it to activate towards the side with the wire. I think that should fix it.
Nah, I could connect them. I was just getting weird behavior with my wiring. I guess the wire turns on the conduit, which in turn turns on the wire, something like that.
Might have been a specific problem case. If you are curious, since you have my world: it was the wiring under the invisible dark pressure plates in the white room.
Fixed it by replacing the EIO conduit with blue wiring, now that that behaves correctly.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Francois H

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Glad to see a 1.1.0 release, but got some issues with the server package :

- JourneyMap should not be included on the server package, it's a client Mod. JourneyMapServer should (tested with JourneyMapServer1.0.5_MC1.7.10.jar)
- NEI should be in the server package as it's a dependency for Translocator (used the same version as the 1.1.0 client to fix it)
- Scala lib was different between the 1.1.0 package and 1.0.8 package but they are the same version (scala-library-2.11.1.jar ) so I used the 1.0.8 file
- ExtraCell crash on server start this is fixable using ExtraCells-1.7.10-2.2.69b.jar
- BloodArsenal crash on server, it's a know issue and was reported/fixed on github, should be included in a new release soon.

Have a nice day

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Hello,

Glad to see a 1.1.0 release, but got some issues with the server package :

- JourneyMap should not be included on the server package, it's a client Mod. JourneyMapServer should (tested with JourneyMapServer1.0.5_MC1.7.10.jar)
- NEI should be in the server package as it's a dependency for Translocator (used the same version as the 1.1.0 client to fix it)
- Scala lib was different between the 1.1.0 package and 1.0.8 package but they are the same version (scala-library-2.11.1.jar ) so I used the 1.0.8 file
- ExtraCell crash on server start this is fixable using ExtraCells-1.7.10-2.2.69b.jar
- BloodArsenal crash on server, it's a know issue and was reported/fixed on github, should be included in a new release soon.

Have a nice day
Blegh, I'm no good at servers. I'll look at this now.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Okay, 1.1.1 submitted to the launcher. Should fix stuff server-side, as well as adding in a couple of new tweaks.

Before you panic, it is intentional that you can no longer craft RF-carrying conduits. (old ones will still work).
Basically, it felt a little odd that you had Ender IO & Thermal Expansion in the pack, but IndustrialCraft was there, but couldn't share power like the other two. So, now they can share power. For instance, if you have a Big Reactor running somewhere, you'll be able to place your energy cell at the power tap, then connect your HV cables to it and run those over to your Capacitor bank (or batbox. I don't judge). You can then run cables out the other side and connect them to your Macerator, Induction Smelter, or your SAG Mill.
So yeah. Everything will work via the IC2 cables now. The exact exchange rate is 3 EU = 25 RF.

Screenshot of it in action:
2015-05-10_22.56.43.png

(and yeah. This update does fix the servers).

Thanks for bearing with me. This should be on the launcher now (or syncing, give it time), but if you prefer manual downloads:
Client: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dykin1q8420ouzx/TheDarkTrilogy.zip?dl=0
Server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aejve02gy2sgmds/TheDarkTrilogyServer.zip?dl=0
Forge 1403

Reactions: goreae

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
Before you panic, it is intentional that you can no longer craft RF-carrying conduits. (old ones will still work).

Extra Utilities energy and hyper-energy transfer nodes still appear to be craft-able?

I like this decision by the way. Now the concept of energy loss over distance is something to factor in with any tech mod, not just IC2. This is the kind of thing I'm looking for in this pack, awesome cross-mod requirements that make the game more complex.