[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Dormaler

Jul 29, 2019
and a little tip of mine. i add thermal dynamics by myself to the pack and also do updates on my own. the packupdate to 1.09 is probably in work but i cant wait for some mods to update/add!

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour is now maintaining The Dark Trilogy! Due to my full time job developing FTB Official Packs I simply do not have time to update or maintain this pack anymore, but I did not want to see it die! I assure you it's in good hands now!

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Good to see that we may get an update to the Dark Trilogy pack.

The Dark Trilogy pack is one of best packs I have played. I like the complexity of the custom recipes as it ties other mods together. I have not found another pack that offers the same level complexity. Thanks tfox83 for not letting this pack die off.

Reactions: tfox83

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I love this pack, whenever i feel like the other modpacks i play are to tiring i give a quick shove and hop onto my Dark Trilogy world though i did add a few mods myself to spice my life like the ever chancy and explored mystcraft and even added magic crops to actually give me a reason to make a big crop farm instead of maybe 5x5 garden of carrots, potatoes, and wheat to last me forever. Had to update most of the mods myself because i wanted the new TE updates which saved me from having to do Ender IO conducts right away.

krouma

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is super mainly connection between mods. I started playing few days ago and I have problem. I can`t swim in Oil. Is it bug or not? I can swim in other packs.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is super mainly connection between mods. I started playing few days ago and I have problem. I can`t swim in Oil. Is it bug or not? I can swim in other packs.

Never swim in oil or a fuel type i found out unless your completely safe or willing to die, never fun having mobs set a boom off with you inside a oil hole. I never understood why you can swim in oil but sewage and all that give status affects so i think its about time they changed it.

Also is there a reason why i cant find any Shiny Ore anywhere in the world because having only 1 way to get Shiny Ingots is a pain. Unless its a bug that Ferrous Ore in Sag Mill doesn't give Shiny Dust to smelt?

Crindigo

Jul 29, 2019
I had no trouble getting lots of Shiny with the Redstone Ore -> Cinnabar -> Ferrous method. There's tons of Redstone in the pack. Neat little trick I use to improve deep mining excursions: get an Ender-Thermic Pump sending to a LatBlocks Void Tank (or mass lava storage if you want), then break/replace the pump at each level from 11 to 2. You'll end up with a 5x5 chunk area that you can mine completely down to bedrock. Silk touch or fortune ores at will. This is less useful in packs with easy auto-mining, but it works great in early-mid game here. Just remember you'll have plenty of new spawn areas that were previously safe as lava rivers turn to stone.

TobyStar37

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I hit launch on the Dark Trilogy modpack, the minecraft window pops up but it is black and says (not responding). What can I do to try and fix this?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Gideon could i recommend Traveller's Gear and Toolbox mod? Don't know how well they would work in Dark Trilogy but i think it would make a nice edition.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I think I may add mods. Not so sure about removing mods, but I'm going to try to stick to tfox's vision with this.
Neat. So uhh... you're a fan of witchery, right? :D Seems like a good one to work into the magic progression.

edit: Oh and uh... Not sure how you feel about it, but Iguana Tweaks makes Tinker's Construct a lot more interesting, and it's highly customizable :D

Last edited: