[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
I really like your pack so far! I would like to recommend Thaumcraft; it's a really good steampunk-magic mod, plus it adds support for Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power mod.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Why are all the zombies infernal?
(edit: I checked the configs for infernal mobs, were zombieTFC made to always be infernal or was that a mistake?)

Yes it was a mistake. I was testing Infernal Drops and forgot to turn off the zombies before uploading the pack. I do apologize, I have been in a bit of a rush trying to get version 0.0.9 out so some of my friends could start testing it on their server this weekend, and there have been alot of bugs showing up in this version so far. I do hope to have most of them tackled before the next update.

I really do appreciate all the feed back as it helps me make this pack better for everyone. :D

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I really like your pack so far! I would like to recommend Thaumcraft; it's a really good steampunk-magic mod, plus it adds support for Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power mod.
Thank you very much for the suggestion :D

I have tested Thaumcraft and unfortunately it was incompatible with TerraFirmaCraft the last time I checked. For example, none of the TFC item contain any essence for research or crafting, and not a single aura node spawns in the world, so essentially you end up playing in a totaly dead world :(

Thaumcraft and ArsMagica both have a very nice "Learn as you go" type of magic system that I think would really fit with TFC. Unfortunately TFC Changes so much of how vanilla Minecraft works that most magic mods become almost useless.

However TFC has gone through alot of updates recently and things may have changed in the last week or two.

Last edited:

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually currently testing TC out in TFP. I'll let you know how well it works.

Also, I have plenty of other mod suggestions if you'd like them ;)

Also, (I'm really talkative BTW) I think I have a solution to the problem you currently have with FSP & TFC with vanilla water. Perhaps make some Greco-Roman bath-like ruins with the Ruins mod. This would give players access to both vanilla water for FSP & quartz for building & decoration. :)

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I have plenty of other mod suggestions if you'd like them ;)

Perhaps make some Greco-Roman bath-like ruins with the Ruins mod. This would give players access to both vanilla water for FSP & quartz for building & decoration. :)

I would love to hear any suggestions, most of what is in this pack comes from player suggestions :D

The bath house sounds like a cool idea. I have temporarily taken care of the water issue, so you will just have to wait and see what arises ;) (It's already in version 0.0.9)

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
Well for starters, this modpack (from what I've seen) seems like a fantasy-hardcore-steampunk themed one, which I really enjoy. So all of these mods are going to (IMO) enhance that feeling:

Wildycraft
Shadow World
Lycanite's Mobs
Pchan's Airship Mod
Damage Indicators
EnviroMine

Despite the first two mods add new dimensions, I'm assuming that if you do add them, you could just. Port the structures, mobs, etc. to the Overworld. Plus, some cool structures could be made; *cough* dwarf mines *cough*

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, thanks :D

I will certainly look into these. For Enviromine, TFC already does most of that so I really dont see a reason to add it at the moment.

Pchan's Airships looks like it may be better than Archimedes but I will have to try it out first.

EmyLightsaber

Jul 29, 2019
From what I can see personally, trying to get shadow world working in a Multiplayer Environment is out. I tried both the 1.3.3b and 1.3.3 versions for 1.7.10 and no dice.

Wildycraft and Lycanites seem to work fine.

Reactions: OneWolfe

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for letting us know that, EmyLightsaber! :)

Also, I forgot to suggest two mods; Zan's Minimap & Damage Indicators. These are just two helpful utility
mods that would help with survival. ;)

Also, I noticed a bug; whenever I try to look at a recipe with 'R', it crashes my game.

Last edited:

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
I just had an idea for how Thaumcraft could be implemented into this pack; perhaps various structures could have aura nodes and other things required for Thaumcraft! :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I just had an idea for how Thaumcraft could be implemented into this pack; perhaps various structures could have aura nodes and other things required for Thaumcraft! :D

That would be an awesome idea, if the nodes were a placeable block. I will have to try using Silverwood Trees. They might be able to spawn nodes ...

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
I found out Extra Utilities is compatible with Terrafirmacraft, I wonder how cursed earth is going to work with Terrafirma's own mob spawning system.