[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Shot in the dark. ooze inherits from the base liquid class, and wooden buckets are possibly programmed in a way that they try to pick up liquids, and either TFC or Lycanites forgets to make a check somewhere, or does something really weird.
I remember from my minecraft modding days that I was able to remove base ores from generating, but I don't remember how, isn't the same thing possible with modded aspects?

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
It's the TFC bucket that is messed up. I decided to try out my hypothesis and found an oilwell, I tried to pick up some oil in a wooden bucket and the bucket transformed into an iron bucket of oil.
So perhaps the solution is to mod in a few more wooden bucket states?

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
It's the TFC bucket that is messed up. I decided to try out my hypothesis and found an oilwell, I tried to pick up some oil in a wooden bucket and the bucket transformed into an iron bucket of oil.
So perhaps the solution is to mod in a few more wooden bucket states?

Yes, that happened in my testing too.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
For this week's update there are several changes to the pack.

First, there has been alot of mob balancing during the live play testing and cleaning up of vanilla items dropped by the non-TFC mobs. Also those annoying mob evens have been drastically reduced and have also been configured to only start showing up after the first year. I just felt that having dozens of mobs showing up in the first night and not despawning at dawn and almost every night afterwords was a bit much for new players. So now there is 1 year of freedom to get some basic defenses established before the evil hordes start invading.

Second, many of the middle and upper tier recipes have been changed to require various machines and tools in order to be crafted. No longer can you simply slap together a High Voltage Generator with your bare hands. The Forestry Carpenter and Thermionic Fabricator will soon become your best friends, and also be sure to stock up on lots of Creosote Oil, Slimeballs, and Bees Wax. I would liked to have been able to utilize the ServoTable from Cogs of the Machine as well, but unfortunately I am unable to add any recipes to it at this time. And in the future I hope to be able to better utilize the machines in Immersive Engineering and Magneticraft, but for now I am still learning the ins and outs of those two mods.

Next, Look for some Clockwork Automatons to do your bidding and help with the day to day tasks. These guys are still in the development and testing phase so have care as they may still be very buggy and unbalanced.

Also note that JourneyMap was added and MapWriter has been hidden but not removed.

While I am currently working on writing a new questbook the old version will remain available as the default quests. However for testers who wish to check out what has been done so far please feel free to rename the quests.hqm.new file to quests.hqm in the HQM configs folder. Be careful doing this in an existing world as it may wipe any quests you may have already completed or even corrupt the player tracking data.

And Lastly, a great many recipes have been changed. Some have been removed while others updated and made available with TFC materials. Items of particular note are the Bee House and other Bee related materials, and the Backpacks from Forestry. Several blocks from various addon mods are now working with the Carpenters Blocks so feel free to go crazy with them. :D

This may not seem like a very detailed or in depth change log but I am still hesitant to release the full details for TFP 2.0 yet because I would like players to discover things along the way. With all of the drastic changes I have been making to the pack I feel that some sort of guide or wiki is needed or maybe even required, yet I do not want to be the one to build it. I will of course support anyone who would endeavor to do so, I just do not have the time or the skills to do a very good job at it.

Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me up to this point, and a big thanks to everyone who posts comments, suggestions, and especially bugs! I hope to have a full version, or nearly complete version of TFP 2.0 ready to release in the next week or two. There are currently two parts holding me back at the moment, one of course is the questbook. I would like to have it at least 80% complete before its released. And the other is a mod I have not yet included with any of the test versions. Although this final mod is fully configurable, if every thing in it is not tuned correctly it will cause problems in the wold generation that myself and my tester consider to be unacceptable, so its completion is also a determining factor for the release date.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
For this week's update there are several changes to the pack.

First, there has been alot of mob balancing during the live play testing and cleaning up of vanilla items dropped by the non-TFC mobs. Also those annoying mob evens have been drastically reduced and have also been configured to only start showing up after the first year. I just felt that having dozens of mobs showing up in the first night and not despawning at dawn and almost every night afterwords was a bit much for new players. So now there is 1 year of freedom to get some basic defenses established before the evil hordes start invading.

Second, many of the middle and upper tier recipes have been changed to require various machines and tools in order to be crafted. No longer can you simply slap together a High Voltage Generator with your bare hands. The Forestry Carpenter and Thermionic Fabricator will soon become your best friends, and also be sure to stock up on lots of Creosote Oil, Slimeballs, and Bees Wax. I would liked to have been able to utilize the ServoTable from Cogs of the Machine as well, but unfortunately I am unable to add any recipes to it at this time. And in the future I hope to be able to better utilize the machines in Immersive Engineering and Magneticraft, but for now I am still learning the ins and outs of those two mods.

Next, Look for some Clockwork Automatons to do your bidding and help with the day to day tasks. These guys are still in the development and testing phase so have care as they may still be very buggy and unbalanced.

Also note that JourneyMap was added and MapWriter has been hidden but not removed.

While I am currently working on writing a new questbook the old version will remain available as the default quests. However for testers who wish to check out what has been done so far please feel free to rename the quests.hqm.new file to quests.hqm in the HQM configs folder. Be careful doing this in an existing world as it may wipe any quests you may have already completed or even corrupt the player tracking data.

And Lastly, a great many recipes have been changed. Some have been removed while others updated and made available with TFC materials. Items of particular note are the Bee House and other Bee related materials, and the Backpacks from Forestry. Several blocks from various addon mods are now working with the Carpenters Blocks so feel free to go crazy with them. :D

This may not seem like a very detailed or in depth change log but I am still hesitant to release the full details for TFP 2.0 yet because I would like players to discover things along the way. With all of the drastic changes I have been making to the pack I feel that some sort of guide or wiki is needed or maybe even required, yet I do not want to be the one to build it. I will of course support anyone who would endeavor to do so, I just do not have the time or the skills to do a very good job at it.

Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me up to this point, and a big thanks to everyone who posts comments, suggestions, and especially bugs! I hope to have a full version, or nearly complete version of TFP 2.0 ready to release in the next week or two. There are currently two parts holding me back at the moment, one of course is the questbook. I would like to have it at least 80% complete before its released. And the other is a mod I have not yet included with any of the test versions. Although this final mod is fully configurable, if every thing in it is not tuned correctly it will cause problems in the wold generation that myself and my tester consider to be unacceptable, so its completion is also a determining factor for the release date.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-
Thanks a lot for all your hard work. :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
In the FTB Launcher, the newest version is 1.0.93, how do I get the update?

As the process goes for now ...

I posted my changes last night, the FTB staff will review the changes and either let me know of any issues or problems they found or upload it to their servers and then let me know that the pack has been updated on the launcher. It usually takes an hour after that before the launchers are able to download the updated version.

So far I have not received a reply from the FTB staff yet so please be patient. I expect it to be a day or two and at the very latest Monday evening.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I had no idea that it was such an elaborate process, I assumed that these unpublished packs would just be pushed automatically =)

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
The InventoryTweaks sorting issue can be solved by adding some rules to the file.
D LOCKED

C4 LOCKED
C5 LOCKED
C6 LOCKED
C7 LOCKED
C8 LOCKED
C9 LOCKED

This locks the back (quiver) slot too.

The "blue ooze" is a frozen liquid from lycanities, and it spawns some monsters.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
The InventoryTweaks sorting issue can be solved by adding some rules to the file.
D LOCKED

C4 LOCKED
C5 LOCKED
C6 LOCKED
C7 LOCKED
C8 LOCKED
C9 LOCKED

This locks the back (quiver) slot too.

The "blue ooze" is a frozen liquid from lycanities, and it spawns some monsters.

upload_2016-2-20_3-9-41.png

Do you know how to unlock the highlighted squares, as they seem to be ignored by the sorting, things inside them aren't moved and things aren't moved to them either.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, is the tucker bag working? We couldn't trap any animal, not even a baby chicken :S

Yeah, I couldnt get it to work properly either. Have you tried the large one? In my tests I could not get the bag to put the animals back down once they were picked up :(

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
In my testing you need to left click to pick up the animal,And shift right click just above the block to place the animal down.
It seems finicky but works.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the idea of this pack, but so far I've spawned eight worlds and in each of them, after I dig in for the night my little clay-roofed bunker is surrounded by Isaacs from the Necromancy mod. Beating them with the axe seems to have no effect except to destroy my axe. Knives last longer but still don't kill Isaacs. They do very little damage but there get to be 4-5 of them and they whittle me down fast if I go out in the open...And you can't play the game from inside a bunker.

I have been one-shotted by goblin knights a few times as well.

Am I just being extra unlucky in my spawns? I'm pretty inured to hard and nasty starts (see the modpack Banished), but the combination of really nasty mobs and no way to craft decent weaponry or armor before they get to you is kind of off-putting.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes and no ..
It's tough early on. But the next patch from what I understand will give you a years rest until monsters start spawning. So you could probably just set it to peaceful the first year and then set it back to normal once you've grown a bit stronger.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Yes and no ..
It's tough early on. But the next patch from what I understand will give you a years rest until monsters start spawning. So you could probably just set it to peaceful the first year and then set it back to normal once you've grown a bit stronger.

Thanks, I was just getting a touch irritated. Finally found a spawn where I was able to dig in deep (clay connecting two boulders) which seemed to discourage them camping my doorstep.

Additionally, there's a nearby streambed chock-full of exposed rich native Cu. Never seen anything like it. :) Between that and a bit of Bi and Zn I picked up, I'm fairly happy with my progress now.

EDIT:
First bug report: Minor. Reproducible after re-download of pack. The side texture for the Apiary appears to be rotated 90'.

EDIT:
Cofferdam mining of surface ores is startlingly difficult when TFC-style gravity is a thing.

Last edited:

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
What is cofferdam mining?

Also, remember to mark down the areas where you remove surface riches, as you should be able to find a vein further down later in the game when you get better tools. =)

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
What is cofferdam mining?

Also, remember to mark down the areas where you remove surface riches, as you should be able to find a vein further down later in the game when you get better tools. =)

Yes, I always mark. This is a vein, not surface 'nuggets' and I've already chased it down 10 blocks in about a 10x10 pit. I also found sphalerite and bismuthinite nuggets nearby, so my mining tools are already bis-bronze.

Cofferdamming is what you do IRL when you discover valuable ores beneath a river or lake and it's too expensive or you don't have the rights to sink a shaft from the side where it's dry. It's also used when you need to sink a pillar or pier for a big bridge. You basically build a wall in the lake up to the surface, then pump out all of the water and start mining the lakebed. If the wall collapses, well, your minehead is underwater and you've got troubles (and probably a lot of fatalities). Used to be one of the most hazardous jobs there was. In vanilla MC it's a piece of cake. Not so much in TFC where gravel and sand and dirt slip sideways out from under your wall..

hurricane_barrier_cofferdam1_1400.jpg

EDIT: Because TFC's fishing minigame involves spawning and killing a bass that drops the fish item, it's possible to loot Necromancy bits and pieces (and hats, but that's just silly) from your fish. I'm going to build a bait-box minion...

Last edited: